Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

19 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep and it was a big extension, I think he will be rowing the boat at Minnesota for quite a while . 

Lol if he wants to leave that extention won't stop him. Tom Herman signed a huge extension right before he left Houston. Minnesota is not a destination job. Pj fleck is bigger and due for better jobs than Minny.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I can remember in here a few years ago all the disdain for the “ row the boat coach” that went to Minnesota. Wonder what they think about him now ?

Well he’d fall into the proven winner category due to making two consecutive programs winners who weren’t previously.  Rhule also falls in this category 

edit to say Minnesota wasn’t terrible before he got there but he’s definitely taken it up a step.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol if he wants to leave that extention won't stop him. Tom Herman signed a huge extension right before he left Houston. Minnesota is not a destination job. Pj fleck is bigger and due for better jobs than Minny.

If he's at MN next season and has a reasonable follow-up to this season, he'll be at a Major program in '21.  That, I feel certain of.

34 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Tora, $10 million is Fleck’s buyout if he leaves on his own, not the total value of his contract.  

Thank you. I've seen 10 million quoted a lot...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

If he's at MN next season and has a reasonable follow-up to this season, he'll be at a Major program in '21.  That, I feel certain of.

He needs to leave ASAP for a better job. At any time Minny could have a bad season just because of the level of talent. It is dangerous to stay there. If a big job offers him the job he is goooooone!!!

25 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Well he’d fall into the proven winner category due to making two consecutive programs winners who weren’t previously.  Rhule also falls in this category 

edit to say Minnesota wasn’t terrible before he got there but he’s definitely taken it up a step.

Minnesota wasn’t terrible but it hasn’t been this good since 1909. That should tell you something 

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He needs to leave ASAP for a better job. At any time Minny could have a bad season just because of the level of talent. It is dangerous to stay there. If a big job offers him the job he is goooooone!!!

Yes, I agree!  I can't imagine he won't get a dream offer after this season. 

I'm just being all....you know....."what if" and everything LOL!

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, I agree!  I can't imagine he won't get a dream offer after this season. 

I'm just being all....you know....."what if" and everything LOL!

I just know how people get on here about other coaches! If he has a season next year at Minny that is a 7-5 type season everyone in here will turn on him.

I just think he has all the right ingredients to excel at a top flight program and you can't see his greatness till he gets to one. But of course he is ahead of schedule this year with Minny. I want him at AU bad. I think he is the  fball coach we can hire that is the closest to Bruuuuuce!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just know how people get on here about other coaches! If he has a season next year at Minny that is a 7-5 type season everyone in here will turn on him.

I just think he has all the right ingredients to excel at a top flight program and you can't see his greatness till he gets to one. But of course he is ahead of schedule this year with Minny. I want him at AU bad. I think he is the  fball coach we can hire that is the closest to Bruuuuuce!!!!

I'm with you! 

Like I said, him or Kleiman at KSU would neither hurt my feelings! 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Back when we first hired Gus,  TCU's Gary Patterson was a fan favorite for the Auburn job. His team took unbeaten Baylor into 3 overtimes before losing yesterday, so why not Patterson? Yes, he's 4-5 this season, but he's not Gus. Patterson has my vote!

Patterson already told us to get bent lol. That guy built TCU from the ground and how he wanted to, our PTB's wouldn't let that happen.

OK then, why not Bill Clark? Just yesterday his team scored two points against always-tough Southern Miss. He's 6-3 already this season and might win 8 before it's over. Big step up, right?

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

OK then, why not Bill Clark? Just yesterday his team scored two points against always-tough Southern Miss. He's 6-3 already this season and might win 8 before it's over. Big step up, right?

I was at a game where Southern Miss beat Auburn. Their QB was OK, don't think he ever panned out in the NFL though..... Far, Fargo, Fav, Farve or something like that. Think he became an actor for commercials or something.

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not one person has said Bill Clarke in here to be our next Head Coach. You are pulling stuff out of thin air. Are you just going to go through every coach who lost yesterday because you are that petty? O WAIT!! YES YOU ARE! lol

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not one person has said Bill Clarke in here to be our next Head Coach. You are pulling stuff out of thin air. Are you just going to go through every coach who lost yesterday because you are that petty? O WAIT!! YES YOU ARE! lol

Scroll up to the top of the page. Bill Clark is listed as one of the options.

Just now, Mikey said:

Scroll up to the top of the page. Bill Clark is listed as one of the options.

hahaha I know. I was hoping you did not.  I WAS BANKING ON THAT actually. DANG IT!!! why ya got to go mess up my best laid plans?!?! lol. You called muhhhh bluff on that one. TOUCHE.

erwrew.gif

13 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I was at a game where Southern Miss beat Auburn. Their QB was OK, don't think he ever panned out in the NFL though..... Far, Fargo, Fav, Farve or something like that. Think he became an actor for commercials or something.

Farve was 1-2 vs. Auburn. He threw some of the prettiest passes ever seen in JHS.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Farve was 1-2 vs. Auburn. He threw some of the prettiest passes ever seen in JHS.

He was good, think he beat both Auburn and Alabama that season.

hahaha I know. I was hoping you did not.  I WAS BANKING ON THAT actually. DANG IT!!! why ya got to go mess up my best laid plans?!?! lol. You called muhhhh bluff on that one. TOUCHE.

This part's ok. The gif though....I consider using a gif as a sign of mental weakness. Normally used by those that cannot write for themselves. Kind of like the use of profanity is a sign of a poor vocabulary. You should elevate yourself above the giffers, you have the potential to be better than that.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

erwrew.gif

Gwill be like:

clubgif.gif

3 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

He was good, think he beat both Auburn and Alabama that season.

He beat AU in 1990. Dye's team was going through the two 5-win Ramsey years. We lost to them again in '91, but Farve was gone by then.

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

What's Jeff Fisher up to these days? 😅

Thinking to himself MAN That Gus guy throws the ball way to much!!! lol. RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE MORE MORE he says.

Thinking to himself MAN That Gus guy throws the ball way to much!!! lol. RUN THE DAMN BALL MORE MORE MORE he says.

He'll be happy come Saturday. Boobie's back to full strength. We're gonna' cram it 45 times between the tackles for 350 rushing and 6 TD's against the DullDawgs.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This part's ok. The gif though....I consider using a gif as a sign of mental weakness. Normally used by those that cannot write for themselves. Kind of like the use of profanity is a sign of a poor vocabulary. You should elevate yourself above the giffers, you have the potential to be better than that.

NOW YOU Listen here old timer. lol no I do not. If the mods would let me I would talk in ONLY gif form. DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?!?!? I AM THE PERSON WHO USES GIFs the most. During the Gus era I usually use nothing but curse words when watching AU games. If it has 4 letters I AM USING IT BAY BEEEEEEE!!! ALSO HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT a John Hughes movie GIF LIKE THAT!! Show some REEEEEEEESPECT to the GOAT of coming of age movies SIIIIIIR!!!! haha.

rewrew.gif

uuyyu.gif

rewrere.gif

Archived