Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

He didn't look as explosive as Whitlow, Kam, and Shivers. Also, he was down the depth chart. 

Two of those guys are speed backs, Boobie was just a great back. All I’m saying is that it’s stupid to act as if a true freshman who was poorly and rarely used wasn’t showing you anything 

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would count Miller as he had a good year for us and was a great blocker.  I do agree with you that Miller had a ton of potential and I am sad to see him leave, but I do understand and wish him the best.  That’s about all we can do as fans really.

I meant can't count Martin....but that sort of shows how bad we are if we are saying Miller's year this year was good

22 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Tbh he couldn’t block and it showed....don’t want quitters on the team✌️

You just made that up

Look at the people saying good riddance, same people that cry that say we don't have this and we don't have that to compete. Can't make this stuff up

27 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope Gus is happy with the way he botched Asa's redshirt and now he's transferring out. Another great coaching move on Malzahn's part.

Matter of fact, a photographer captured Gus the moment he learned....

2oin0o.jpg

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Look at the people saying good riddance, same people that cry that says we don't have this and we don't have that to compete. Can't make this stuff up

True auburn men for sure 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

True auburn men for sure 

This is just crazy. Why would anyone want Asa to transfer. He barely had a chance to do anything.....the ones saying that will regret it in a couple years. 

4 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

This is just crazy. Why would anyone want Asa to transfer. He barely had a chance to do anything.....the ones saying that will regret it in a couple years. 

A lot of potential . Those who say that won’t admit it but bottom line is the coaching staff  lost the trust of his parents and definitely his. Feel how you want about the player but that is despicable in my eyes.

4 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Why is everyone acting like children over this? What was so great about Martin? 

It’s about the mismanagement and idiocy of the coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Look at the people saying good riddance, same people that cry that says we don't have this and we don't have that to compete. Can't make this stuff up

Never seen me crying js

Another self-inflicted  wound by Gus and our 4th highest paid coaching staff in the nation.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

And people forgetting that with his frame he can be 220 and still have all of his speed. I want to say he had very good hands as well

No doubt. Could had been one of the great backs to go through Auburn. Just a botched  opportunity by the offensive staff and head coach

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Pettway wasn’t a running back, so I am not sure if that applies.  He was a fullback who was converted out of emergency needs.  There were only two running backs on the roster before Pettway.  Right now there are five running backs ahead of Asa.  

He was a running back when he signed with AU out of Prattville. 1,400 yards his senior year in 10 games. Was converted after he got here and didn’t break out until he was moved back, which means they didn’t know what they had from the beginning. This is a pattern of incompetence that will soon come to an end. Crap like this plays in to why Gus is on borrowed time. 

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not nessesarily.  There were 5 guys ahead of him with more coming in this year.  It’s not far fetched to say what I have said.  

Who are the ones coming in this year? Last I checked we didn't have a RB committed and were putting all of our eggs into the Noah Cain (LSU most likely) or Mark Anthony Richards (Miami most likely) basket. Also as far as Richards goes, Miami isn't even after him as a RB, but a WR. So if we do have more incoming this year they won't be near as talented as Asa.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I called it a few pages back. I was waiting for it. And its already started. The we didn't want hims, the he was lazy, he was in over his head and the like... And we have seen them all already. I figured it would at least take a few days before that crap started.

53 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He was a running back when he signed with AU out of Prattville. 1,400 yards his senior year in 10 games. Was converted after he got here and didn’t break out until he was moved back, which means they didn’t know what they had from the beginning. This is a pattern of incompetence that will soon come to an end. 

#FACTS

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not nessesarily.  There were 5 guys ahead of him with more coming in this year.  It’s not far fetched to say what I have said.  

So you are fine with another freshman leaving this sinking ship. Not to mention about another 20 from past two recuriting classes you guys can enjoy the ride down with this clown.

1 hour ago, Tigercj said:

So you are fine with another freshman leaving this sinking ship. Not to mention about another 20 from past two recuriting classes you guys can enjoy the ride down with this clown.

At running back, especially in the SEC, the one thing that you can't compromise is depth. 
Hopefully, Coach Malzahn will move Harold Joiner from H-Back to Running Back to give the team "a little" bit more depth. That is provided he doesn't transfer as well. 

Literally could have our very own Derrick Henry or Kalen Ballage (8TDs in 1 game and excellent receiver) depending on how we decided to use him. 

Our RB room needs some juice and excitement in a very bland lineup of backs.

I don't think I need to emphasize how drastically different our running game could of been with a LONG Back in a spread-to-run scheme that is used to running out of a spread out formation, hitting the edge (using those long arms to stiff-arm smaller and shorter players on the edge), and even catching thanks to his H-Back utility. And that's assuming he can't run in between the tackles.

Let's rewind to Thursday. 

8 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Never seen me crying js

Yeah you cry like everybody else, you may have a history of not caring about losing certain recruits. I do know you haven't seen enough of this particular recruit to know if he's good or not

On 10/24/2018 at 6:42 PM, Gowebb11 said:

This article was not really about Asa’s role on the team. It was a typical AL.COM piece to take a shot at AU, and infer that our coaches bungled his redshirt year. 

They did.

Archived