Asa Martin (update transferring)

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though he didn't get to play much 2018, I really hope Asa stays with Auburn. We need you dude.

Too late. 

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though he didn't get to play much 2018, I really hope Asa stays with Auburn. We need you dude.

Sorry. He has already announced his transfer.

I'm just waiting for the things like "he was lazy," "we didn't need him," "he was in over his head," "he had attitude problems," "he wasn't that good," or "he never transitioned to the college game." Like everyone likes saying about everyone who transfers out. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm just waiting for the things like "he was lazy," "we didn't need him," "he was in over his head," "he had attitude problems," "he wasn't that good," or "he never transitioned to the college game." Like everyone likes saying about everyone who transfers out. 

Are you talking about Gus or Asa?

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I think you just quoted me on Gus!

I think the whole thing demonstrates Gus’s lack of ability to run the program. I can bet you NS knows who has played and how much and what they want to do with him. I bet they meet each Monday morning to discuss things like that. That would be what competent coaches would do. I guess that’s why Gus doesn’t because he is not competent just mostly ignorant.

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

He wasn’t that special from what I saw anyways. There is a reason why he couldn’t take carries from three other backs. 

Fine example on how Gus handles adjustments. Screws up the kids redshirt, but still sticks with the plan on not playing the kid even when he knows the year of eligibility is gone. Think Asa would’ve stayed even with the screw up if he got in the rotation more. Lets be honest, no one ahead of him was showing “greatness” at the position. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think the whole thing demonstrates Gus’s lack of ability to run the program. I can bet you NS knows who has played and how much and what they want to do with him. I bet they meet each Monday morning to discuss things like that. That would be what competent coaches would do. I guess that’s why Gus doesn’t because he is not competent just mostly ignorant.

Just thinking about Gus’ Ten Commandments that we read last year, it said that Gus and his staff checks and double checks the game plan, just trying to catch things. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He wasn’t that special from what I saw anyways. There is a reason why he couldn’t take carries from three other backs. 

He was a FRESHMAN, with a bright future. Goodness. He could have ran off tackle for no gain as well as Kam Martin.

3 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Why is everyone acting like children over this? What was so great about Martin? 

It's the most recent domino. 

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

He was a FRESHMAN, with a bright future. Goodness.

That freshman is still there. Martin was never really all that impressive to me.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just thinking about Gus’ Ten Commandments that we read last year, it said that Gus and his staff checks and double checks the game plan, just trying to catch things. :dunno:

Gus couldn’t catch a cold.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That freshman is still there. Martin was never really all that impressive to me.

Yeah, and that "freshman" was underutilized by this idiot. Who knows what Asa's talent level was? He must have impressed someone, to be given a scholarship from Auburn.

Martin was way behind on the depth chart.  In this day and age that is cause for a transfer for his best interest.  This will happen to every program.  If you guys are referencing Saban saying this would never happen to him, it did.  Recently two guys come to mind: Corey Grant and Alvin Kamara.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I bet he goes to UGA. And runs all over us in a couple years. That's where I'd go if I were him. UGA or Bama. I'd go somewhere that I could play Auburn every single season, and I'd make my game vs Auburn career games each time. 

I would make them see how they screwed up with the way they handled my freshman year

Hope he transfers to a program that will play Gus' new team in 2020 and runs for 250.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Martin was way behind on the depth chart.  In this day and age that is cause for a transfer for his best interest.  This will happen to every program.  If you guys are referencing Saban saying this would never happen to him, it did.  Recently two guys come to mind: Corey Grant and Alvin Kamara.

You're right...but then there's this domino thing. #timingiseverything

As well, I remember "processed" as a descriptor, but not "mismanaged." Truth, spin...#perceptionisreality

14 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This gives me hope. LOL

whirlybird.gif

I'm still vexed as to why that didn't work???

It's the perfect play! It's like the crane kick, "if do right, no can defense."

(then again, in our case, maybe it's more like the Frazier Crane kick)

Archived