2019 5* LB Owen Pappoe commits to AU!!!

WFE12

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Let's face it... Our coach isn't exactly the poster child for football coaches. In fact, I can't think of a top football coach who I would look at from across the room and say "he's a coach". Coach O looks like a football coach (too bad for LSU that looks don't win games... or hire OCs). Gus looks like he should be recruiting for the science club.

Gus is like 6'4 and has a voice straight out of an old western. He acts goofy on the sidelines, but otherwise he's actually a somewhat imposing dude. I remember how shocked we all were when our new nerd took the podium for the first time as head coach. 

The voice has a lot to do with it. They talked about Kirby's voice a lot after he took the uga job. When it comes to interviews, he's straight out of central casting. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaches come in all sizes and flavors.  Let's get past our aesthetic biases and wake up to the notion that coaches don't have to be any certain way and don't have to fit in our preconceived neat and tidy box.  There are brown coaches, white coaches, coaches with hair, those with no hair.  Some have glasses, some have long noses, some are short, some wear skinny jeans, some pop their collars.  Some of them even have mullets.  Let's break down these barriers that divide and unite behind the character, heart, passion and knowledge of the coach.  We are all coaches; and yet, we also are all not coaches. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I remember how shocked we all were when our new nerd took the podium for the first time as head coach. 

No you don’t lol. 

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Coaches come in all sizes and flavors.  Let's get past our aesthetic biases and wake up to the notion that coaches don't have to be any certain way and don't have to fit in our preconceived neat and tidy box.  There are brown coaches, white coaches, coaches with hair, those with no hair.  Some have glasses, some have long noses, some are short, some wear skinny jeans, some pop their collars.  Some of them even have mullets.  Let's break down these barriers that divide and unite behind the character, heart, passion and knowledge of the coach.  We are all coaches; and yet, we also are all not coaches. 

yuy.gif

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Image result for crying clapping gif

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

They do have to fit into the tidy coaches box however. :poke:

fb-890~2.png

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Coaches come in all sizes and flavors.  Let's get past our aesthetic biases and wake up to the notion that coaches don't have to be any certain way and don't have to fit in our preconceived neat and tidy box.  There are brown coaches, white coaches, coaches with hair, those with no hair.  Some have glasses, some have long noses, some are short, some wear skinny jeans, some pop their collars.  Some of them even have mullets.  Let's break down these barriers that divide and unite behind the character, heart, passion and knowledge of the coach.  

williams_buzz.png

Buzz Williams agrees. He looks like a Bert disciple or my old HS OL coach that would walk around with two liter bottles of coke that was one missed block away from skyrocketing his blood pressure. I still remember my grandfather asking what I did wrong when that coach chewed me out in front of everybody for ten minutes straight. 

Yet, Buzz doesn’t even coach football, he is a great basketball coach that can make make calm and calculated decisions. 

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Urb has the look. SO does west vance coach besides the height.

You're right Meyer has the look. The height thing totally blows it for Saban. Only guys like Grimes can pull off short and look like a coach.

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

They do have to fit into the tidy coaches box however. :poke:

fb-890~2.png

We obviously still have work to do.

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yuy.gif

When I became "woke" I was in a daze like this young man for at least 2 weeks.  It gets better...it has to...for the children.

And before someone else says....  Yes I know he will likely go where there is a football coach who may or may not look like a prototypical football coach

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

And before someone else says....  Yes I know he will likely go where there is a football coach who may or may not look like a prototypical football coach

Apparently he's either going to play for a Hee-Haw extra or a 6'4 nerd.

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Is Hee-Haw nipping in the picture? 

Should definitely put some band-aids on to be PC. 

23 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We obviously still have work to do.

ConcreteRealGerenuk-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Flavors????  

So what flavor are the following?

Saban?

Kirby?

Malzahn?

this could be fun...  open for all comers to respond.  

7 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Saban? Lucky Charms

Kirby? A bowl of soup in a bread boule at the bowling alley

Malzahn? Beige

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Some even look like a damn large fat belly yellow bird

https://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Who-could-be-next-to-commit-to-the-Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-class-117699952/4#

this was a free update from keef today. Summed up so you do not have to sift through the slideshow. Pappoe and Morris both trending away to other schools......

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Flavors????  

Saban? Grape Shasta

Kirby? Those booger flavored jelly beans

Malzahn? Twizzlers, no Red Vines, b/c he has to be "different" for the sake of being different sometimes.

this could be fun...  open for all comers to respond.  

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Who-could-be-next-to-commit-to-the-Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-class-117699952/4#

this was a free update from keef today. Summed up so you do not have to sift through the slideshow. Pappoe and Morris both trending away to other schools......

E8B8F1F4-698D-4B32-AE8D-346183694BCE.gif

Archived