Gus has brought us to this. (merged threads)

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

clearly we get what we pay for

Before or after buyout? We're NOT getting what was paid for, post. Notice "what was" instead of "we." 😥

15 minutes ago, PTOTiger said:

I’ve never been this disheartened after a season. And yes that includes 2012, 2008, 1998 and 1992...

Because, like me, you know he will be here next year. He will show improvement maybe beat uga and have the iron bowl be for the west. We will lose, he will stay again. Then, 2020 will be a no bowl season.

5 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Because, like me, you know he will be here next year. He will show improvement maybe beat uga and have the iron bowl be for the west. We will lose, he will stay again. Then, 2020 will be a no bowl season.

If the big money people aren't angry after this year, just wait 'til next year when season ticket sales plunge.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Fire him tonight

Don’t think that will happen. This offseason is going to be pretty bad.

I just don’t think Gus is going anywhere this year.  I believe he will bring in a new OC and that will buy him 2 more years.  I keep adding it up and it is going to cost Auburn $100 million by the time we get rid of him and bring in a new  HC and staff.  It’s just too much.  

48 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If the big money people aren't angry after this year, just wait 'til next year when season ticket sales plunge.

Season ticket sales are plummeting across the country as is due to costs. Even programs like Alabama are seeing a decrease in ticket sales.

I expect that if Gus is fired you will still see a decline anyway as ticket prices and tuition rise next year to cover the costs.

Even the excitement of a new coach and the return of Mullen UF still saw decerases.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-uf-football-0825-story.html

9 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Season ticket sales are plummeting across the country as is due to costs. Even programs like Alabama are seeing a decrease in ticket sales.

I expect that if Gus is fired you will still see a decline anyway as ticket prices and tuition rise next year to cover the costs.

Even the excitement of a new coach and the return of Mullen UF still saw decerases.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-uf-football-0825-story.html

Yeah. Still hoping they're angry about the joke being put on the field. And seriously, stadiums NEED to start offering good discounts. They won't, but still. So basically there isn't a damn thing we can do to make our voices heard.

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I just don’t think Gus is going anywhere this year.  I believe he will bring in a new OC and that will buy him 2 more years.  I keep adding it up and it is going to cost Auburn $100 million by the time we get rid of him and bring in a new  HC and staff.  It’s just too much.  

It is remarkable how badly we screwed ourselves. Just remarkable.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah. Still hoping they're angry about the joke being put on the field. And seriously, stadiums NEED to start offering good discounts. They won't, but still.

Well, they should be angry at themselves for being a joke then also. Which is my issue. I have as much faith in them fixing this with a new hire as most individuals do here in Gus turning things around. I think if they decide to fire Gus they will shift the costs to the fans and the students and won't bring/secure us anything better. Least when Texas aTm decided they were gonna get rid of Sumlin their power players came out and stated not a cent of the buyout would come from the academic side.

Course there won't be discounts. You have to pay for those salaries and those buyouts.

1 minute ago, Auburn06 said:

49 million dollars....wow 

To be honest, I wish I could get paid 49 million over 7 years just to drill a program into the ground. 

Football coaches, Company CEO's or Presidents.... Golden Parachutes are the American way man.

2 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

49 million dollars....wow 

To be honest, I wish I could get paid 49 million over 7 years just to drill a program into the ground. 

And that’s not even considering what a real HC will cost and the cost of settling with the old staff and bring ina new staff.  

Who in the world made such an offer?!?

$7 million to be successful. $32 million to be a complete and utter asshat!  

Who rewards failure in such a way?!?

8 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

And that’s not even considering what a real HC will cost and the cost of settling with the old staff and bring ina new staff.  

This is what happens when a total nincompoop (Leath) gets to spend millions of $$ not of his own with no consequences.

Welcome to the rest of the SEC they have destroyed everyone this year and will continue to do so.  UGA will get smoked the same as everyone else unless Bama turns it over 5 times.  

Did we as fans do something wrong to bring about this hopeless situation? Did Tubbervilles' "one for the thumb" line start a cosmic karma to be unleashed? I just don't get it- we are a great fanbase to get dumped on this bad!

I guess UT fans have felt worse.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Welcome to the rest of the SEC they have destroyed everyone this year and will continue to do so.  UGA will get smoked the same as everyone else unless Bama turns it over 5 times.  

It's not just about the Bama. I am sure you know this.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

not with uga and uat at home, their fans will buy most of them

Archived