Gus has brought us to this. (merged threads)

Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I didn’t Quote you for a reason, the argument route is not the way I care to go tonight. Just don’t know how somebody explaining how some others, as well as themselves, think about a situation means they are a prophet or have the lotto numbers? It’s an opinion. I didn’t think dag “attacked” you in anyway when he made the post, that’s my opinion.

Didn’t say he did about that post just the next one about me being a smartass... then the next one calling me a prick.  But I’m done with this conversation and thread.  I get it this is a hate Gus thread no other opinions wanted.  Carry on.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Didn’t say he did about that post just the next one about me being a smartass... then the next one calling me a prick.  But I’m done with this conversation and thread.  I get it this is a hate Gus thread no other opinions wanted.  Carry on.

In response to your post about the prophet and the lotto numbers, if you’re going to dish it out, take it too

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Were you really not being a smart ass with your response? Lol. I shouldn't have said it but clearly based on your response you were asking for things to get contentious, not a debate. I took the bait. 

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I didn’t Quote you for a reason, the argument route is not the way I care to go tonight. Just don’t know how somebody explaining how some others, as well as themselves, think about a situation means they are a prophet or have the lotto numbers? It’s an opinion. I didn’t think dag “attacked” you in anyway when he made the post, that’s my opinion.

Everybody is making predictions. It's part of sports. Fans. Coaches. Media. Vegas. School admins, hell even Grandmas. But I guess we aren't supposed to?

Here's a prediction: multiple jackpot JC transfers at OL, Kelly Bryant and Freeze, or we lose 8 games in 2019. I'll bookmark this page.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Were you really not being a smart ass with your response? Lol. I shouldn't have said it but clearly based on your response you were asking for things to get contentious, not a debate. I took the bait. 

No wasn’t being a smartass and was seriously responding for all not just directly to you... Auburn Football is Bi-polar.  One year they look dead the next year they could be dead or they could be Lazarus and rise from the dead and win a championship.  That’s Auburn.  Always has been.  Probably always will be.  We have about 125 years of history to support it.  No matter the coach, no matter the scheme, no matter the recruiting, just seems the cycle for our teams.  

And in some way it’s part of what makes Auburn so unique and special because you never know.  The highs are so high and the lows so low.  You think if Bama wins the NC this year they will be as estatic as we were in 2010... no chance.   It was euphoric for us.

i call bull. people blaming gus need to understand he did not hire himself not give himself a raise. trust me i am as mad as anyone and more disappointed than most but LEATH is the reason we are stuck with gus. gus has certainly done all he can to get run off right? AM I RIGHT?  

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

I’m saying we have a wildly inconsistent history regardless of the coach

I don't think Pat Dyes teams were wildly inconsistent. At least not til the very end of his tenure. Do I need to lay out the record?

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

It is remarkable how badly we screwed ourselves. Just remarkable.

This is what happens when you have a gaggle of bumfugg hicks with power and money trying to control a $100M business while all pulling in different directions.

ThisisAuburn2.jpg

14 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Outside of a 10+ win season with a trip to the SECCG, this is the best kind of AU season.  Let the hate flow through you.  

😂🤣

giphy.gif

We compare ourselves to best here at Auburn. We want to compete for championships. Not be in the middle of the pond scum of mediocrity which is where Gus has us for the majority of his tenure here.  It does not mean a damn thing for him to have a winning record or break even vs the MS Schools and Arkansas who are the bottom feeders of the SEC. 2-4 vs LSU, 2-5 vs Georgia and 2-4 vs Bama is absolutely inesxcusable and should be a fireable offense. He also is 0 for Baton Rouge, Athens and West Vance. And as we all know he has choked a few of those away on the road at those places. 

Let me just add that last night I knew we had a very small chance to win given how we’ve played . That being said it diqusts me to know that against our 2 biggest rivals he coached to keep it close rather than coach to win. 

Sooooo.....perusing the revived thread to make sure I stayed consistent with my Gus opposition, i.e. I voted for “no” on the raise /extension in the poll (and, in all honesty, felt like it was absolutely the wrong thing to do based on Gus’ “body of work”). And, I see that @GwillMac6 voted and argued for a MOTHER FRICKING RAISE AND EXTENSION!!!!!!

218DBC7E-C6AC-4EED-BAE3-15796602A6B6.gif

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Let me just add that last night I knew we had a very small chance to win given how we’ve played . That being said it diqusts me to know that against our 2 biggest rivals he coached to keep it close rather than coach to win. 

Stole this from a poster on another message board. I wish I could take credit for this. 

As of Saturday, November 24, 2018, Gus Malzahn will be. 
• 2-5 vs. Alabama 
• 2-5 vs. Georgia 
• 2-5 vs. LSU 
• 1-4 in overall Bowl games (*The lone win; Conference USA opponent Memphis in the lowest tier SEC Bowl affiliation; The Birmingham Bowl) 
• 0-3 in bowl games vs. Power-5 teams 
• 0-7 in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa 
• 26-18 vs. SEC opponents 
• 10-9 vs. SEC opponents on the road 
• 4-5 vs. Non-Conference Power-5 teams 
• 2 New Years Six bowl appearances (0-2 in them) 
• First loss to a non-Power 5 team in 27 years 
• First loss to Tennessee in 19 years (20 years at home) 
• 0 playoff appearances 
• 0 National titles 
• 1 National Championship Game Appearance that resulted in blowing an 18 point lead.

Under Gus Malzahn's new contract, signed at the end of the 2017 season, every loss during the 2018 season costs Auburn $558,000.

1. Three losses or more each season from 2014-2017.

2. One 2016 win (LSU) came as time expired.

3. 2017 blew a 20 point lead to an LSU team that lost to Troy State and MSU.

4. 2013 blew a 18 point lead with the National Championship on the line.

5. An 8-4 Auburn team went to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 in a down year for the SEC and lost to Oklahoma 35-19.

6. Lost SEC championship game in 2017 28-7 to a Georgia Team Auburn completely manhandled just a few weeks earlier.

7. Lost the Peach Bowl to UCF 27-34. *The last loss to a non-Power 5 team was 1991 vs. Southern Miss.

8. 2018 blew an 11 point halftime lead. Did not score a single point in the second half.

9. 2017 blew a halftime lead on the road in Baton Rouge.

10. Malzahn's contract pays him $6.7 million in 2018.

11. Tennessee was 3-2 coming into the 2018 game, with an 0-11 SEC record. Auburn’s last loss to Tennessee came in 1999. The last loss to Tennessee at home came in 1998.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Sooooo.....perusing the revived thread to make sure I stayed consistent with my Gus opposition, i.e. I voted for “no” on the raise /extension in the poll (and, in all honesty, felt like it was absolutely the wrong thing to do based on Gus’ “body of work”). And, I see that @GwillMac6 voted and argued for a MOTHER FRICKING RAISE AND EXTENSION!!!!!!

218DBC7E-C6AC-4EED-BAE3-15796602A6B6.gif

I ate my crow when Gus beat georgia and bama. I mean I had too. I thought he had finally changed. Of course we see what has happened since. He just like so many times before okie doked paul pierce pump faked me.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I ate my crow when Gus beat georgia and bama. I mean I had too. I thought he had finally changed. Of course we see what has happened since. He just like so many times before okie doked paul pierce pump faked me.

6E29FA91-ADA5-46EA-9EF4-CBBE1031085C.gif

Just now, fredst said:

6E29FA91-ADA5-46EA-9EF4-CBBE1031085C.gif

YUP. I was painfully wrong. Wish we would of just called his bluff now and he went to arkansas so they could be miserable with him.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YUP. I was painfully wrong. Wish we would of just called his bluff now and he went to arkansas so they could be miserable with him.

1B1BEAF3-329B-46DA-B484-11E24D4E80AC.gif

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

1B1BEAF3-329B-46DA-B484-11E24D4E80AC.gif

2019 mr fred!!!!! WE finally get to get rid of him. WOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like you get to toot your own horn louder than all of us since you did not want to give him a contract extension and raise!!! WOOOO!!!! MR FRED IS THE BEST!! MR FRED IS NUMBER ONE!!!! lmao

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

It's a web page I believe.

http://hasgusmalzahnbeenfiredyet.com/

THANKS FAM!! I got it after someone posted this on AU 247. I DID NOT KNOW THIS WEBSITE WAS A THING!!! Thanks for the heads up.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2019 mr fred!!!!! WE finally get to get rid of him. WOOOOOO!!!!! Looks like you get to toot your own horn louder than all of us since you did not want to give him a contract extension and raise!!! WOOOO!!!! MR FRED IS THE BEST!! MR FRED IS NUMBER ONE!!!! lmao

HA!!!!!! ME AND MOTHER FRICKING VIPER THE ONLY ONES IN HERE THAT ACCURATELY PREDICT THE FUTURE!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!! Lol......

Archived