Butler Grad Transfer OT Tommy Kennedy (Miami)

Auburn Kev

Lots of people must need tackles.  He's OV'd Oklahoma and the U.  Offers from a bunch more including Arizona, ASU, Mizzu, OK State, and BCU.  That's a pretty impressive list for a 290 lb graduate transfer tackle who needs to play next year.  Coach Grimes visited him on Dec 4, so he's not new news here. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has picked up a number of quality P5 offers
Likely means Tega is planning to go pro after this season
It looks like he will sign Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Has picked up a number of quality P5 offers
Likely means Tega is planning to go pro after this season

If true, that's a huge loss. Will really magnify the OT recruiting misses over several years.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup! Means Tega is likely leaving.

I feel like he vastly improved this year, but I do believe he needed one last year to refine his skills.  For his sake, declaring would not be best for him and his family overseas.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I feel like he vastly improved this year, but I do believe he needed one last year to refine his skills.  For his sake, declaring would not be best for him and his family overseas.

I don't see him being anywhere near ready for the NFL. Maybe he needs the $90,000 guaranteed to NFL practice squad players? Maybe it's more than that now. $90,000 is what Cam Newton's older brother was being paid back when they were trying to say Cam was bought. The brother paid off some of the family bills, and that's how the practice squad salaries came to light.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Actually his family sitch is why he would leave. I don't know any details beyond that.

Well I guess that's Tega's call to make, but he ain't ready. Unless the nfl is hurting for OT he may not be drafted or make a team.

15 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Well I guess that's Tega's call to make, but he ain't ready. Unless the nfl is hurting for OT he may not be drafted or make a team.

He's in the same boat as Stidham. Are we *certain* that he actually improves by coming back to *this* offense? 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's in the same boat as Stidham. Are we *certain* that he actually improves by coming back to *this* offense? 

Well at least Tega would get better coaching if Grimes is retained. I hope the new QB coach is a good one but right now we really don't know. They are just totally different situations to me. Hey but what do I know, I didn't stay at no Holiday Inn last night.

For a LT, it’s a different question. The answer is an easy yes. He improves with reps. You saw it this year. From a football prospective, PT should absolutely return. I read somewhere that he has a 2nd/3rd grade. I’ll belueve that when I see it. He’s a 5-UFA guy as we sit here today. 

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

For a LT, it’s a different question. The answer is an easy yes. He improves with reps. You saw it this year. From a football prospective, PT should absolutely return. I read somewhere that he has a 2nd/3rd grade. I’ll belueve that when I see it. He’s a 5-UFA guy as we sit here today. 

I don't think his decision has anything to do with his draft projection FWIW.

Extracted the Tommy Kennedy posts & posts related to him from the Recruiting Thread to create his own thread. AU has a major need for him & is now pushing. Will add highlights & known offers to the OP.

I have been pushing for a while that I expected our O-Line to be solid next year barring injury. If Tega leaves that changes my view dramatically as I thought he would be the anchor for the line next year.  So if he does leave then Grimes or maybe a new O-Line coach is going to have to do a heck of a job with the remaining Tackles to cover for the loss of Tega. I liked the film I saw on Kennedy but that was against a totally inferior level of competition. 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Butler plays football?

That was my first thought yesterday when I saw this!   However, there are some  big time programs interested in his services and we need all the bodies we can get.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

“It was great to see what Auburn has to offer”

sounds more like a bucket list type of thing than anything. Who are we battling for his commitment?

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

“It was great to see what Auburn has to offer”

sounds more like a bucket list type of thing than anything. Who are we battling for his commitment?

Oklahoma & Miami among others.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Oklahoma & Miami among others.

Yikes. Pipe dream at best. Turn tbe lights out when you leave E.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yikes. Pipe dream at best. Turn tbe lights out when you leave E.

Not a pipe dream my man. I would not have taken the better part of an hour to filter the posts out of the recruiting thread to create this one if it was a pipe dream. AU is in the thick of it now. OU is not in a must situation for need like we & Miami are at OT & Miami is struggling worse than us on the OL crootin trail right now.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not a pipe dream my man. I would not have taken the better part of an hour to filter the posts out of the recruiting thread to create this one if it was a pipe dream. 

I hope you’re rewarded with 72 virgins in Heaven for this thread, but I doubt we actually get this guy. Your time would be better served watching the sink faucet drip. This guy was already planning on signing Wednesday even before the “stop by” visit. 

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

Well at least Tega would get better coaching if Grimes is retained. I hope the new QB coach is a good one but right now we really don't know. They are just totally different situations to me. Hey but what do I know, I didn't stay at no Holiday Inn last night.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have been pushing for a while that I expected our O-Line to be solid next year barring injury. If Tega leaves that changes my view dramatically as I thought he would be the anchor for the line next year.  So if he does leave then Grimes or maybe a new O-Line coach is going to have to do a heck of a job with the remaining Tackles to cover for the loss of Tega. I liked the film I saw on Kennedy but that was against a totally inferior level of competition. 

Is Grimes leaving? Already?

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I hope you’re rewarded with 72 virgins in Heaven for this thread, but I doubt we actually get this guy. Your time would be better served watching the sink faucet drip. This guy was already planning on signing Wednesday even before the “stop by” visit. 

72 virgins for a grad transfer thread!?! Used to only get 25 for that. Virgins are getting easier I guess

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes but AU has been on him for weeks even though it was just reported on.

Archived