Chuma, if you are reading this...

abw0004

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i have things to do and i am sitting here waiting on a report on chuma....i just don't have the heart to go do the stuff until i know something....got up at 5 am to see if there was any news and have been here since then

About the same. I woke up at 5 am sick as a dog with sinus issues. So, now I'm just stalking Twitter and watching ESPN all day hoping to get amazing news.

2 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

No offense, but you have no clue in what you are saying. CBP was not thinking about playing time.  Period.  He was thinking about a young man, that is like a son to him (they all are), and how that injury affects the young mans future.  He is more concerned about all the hard work he put in only to have his season cut short before the penultimate possibility. At that moment in time, crying on national television, he was not thinking about how they will miss Chuma for the next game. He inadvertently just recruited many kids and their parents though. Today he will plan for a game without Chuma. We will need Purfoy to step up and Dunbar to do more with more PT.  Just my 2 cents  

No offense, but I think you completely missed the point. 

Coach Pearl clearly understood it was a serious injury which explains his emotion.

2 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

No offense, but you have no clue in what you are saying. CBP was not thinking about playing time.  Period.  He was thinking about a young man, that is like a son to him (they all are), and how that injury affects the young mans future.  He is more concerned about all the hard work he put in only to have his season cut short before the penultimate possibility. At that moment in time, crying on national television, he was not thinking about how they will miss Chuma for the next game. He inadvertently just recruited many kids and their parents though. Today he will plan for a game without Chuma. We will need Purfoy to step up and Dunbar to do more with more PT.  Just my 2 cents  

I think one scenario goes right along with the other. If you can’t play you’re injured. If you’re injured your career may be in peril. We are not even supposed to be here. We are playing with house money. Chuma is not. Everybody is well aware of this including Bruce and 91. 

Chuma will not play today or the rest of the tournament. This is about the man's future and his ability to walk and run regardless of basketball. I wish for 110% recovery for Chuma, so that he can have the future God has planned for him. Hopefully, he'll have a chance to play on the big stage (NBA) and be the star we all know that he is. Godspeed to you Chuma, for a fast recovery.

i am still here waiting.....surely someone has gotten text or something?.....the players tweet out all kinds of stuff but yet, not one word....i know its bad, i just want him to be okay and recover fully

What a freak accident. This type of injury typically doesn’t happen in basketball. Just terrible luck. 

thanks.....i remember last year, being depleted and having to beat the updykes and USC to win a share of the SEC, i just didn't think they could do it....i expected to lose last night......i am going to continue that mindset......lol, i stayed low key last night, until 4 minutes were left....then i was up pacing and yelling at the tv, shaking like a leaf in a windstorm....i'm 65 years old

41 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

thanks.....i remember last year, being depleted and having to beat the updykes and USC to win a share of the SEC, i just didn't think they could do it....i expected to lose last night......i am going to continue that mindset......lol, i stayed low key last night, until 4 minutes were left....then i was up pacing and yelling at the tv, shaking like a leaf in a windstorm....i'm 65 years old

Me too! My wife thought a football game had broken out I was yelling so loud!

Archived