Joey Gatewood

twilli13

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m a lot more interesting on a message board than in person, lol. As for the question about @GwillMac6....no chance

I highly doubt that Mr Fred!!!!! You one of the GOAT's around here. If you left this place would be a lot less fun and entertaining!!! ............. BAHAHAHAH Thanks fam. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

YOU ARE A INTROVERT?!?!??!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????????????????????? YOU WOULD BE THE LAST PERSON I WOULD OF GUESSED!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you put that evil on us RICKY BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS!!!!! GIF bro's do not let other gif bro's BE INTROVERTS! lmao

sad.gif

leo.gif

Ha! Jokes on you! Actually that’s what’s very interesting about the book; many CEOs and prominent people that you’d never guess were introverts that are. Introverts just recharge their batteries differently(time alone in some fashion, doesn’t mean they don’t like people).

Of course, what any of this has to do withJoey G I have no idea 🤷🏻‍♂️. I bet he’d tell us but maybe he’s too introverted.

Just now, fredst said:

Ha! Jokes on you! Actually that’s what’s very interesting about the book; many CEOs and prominent people that you’d never guess were introverts that are. Introverts just recharge their batteries differently(time alone in some fashion, doesn’t mean they don’t like people).

Of course, what any of this has to do withJoey GI have no idea 🤷🏻‍♂️. I bet he’d tell us but maybe he’s too introverted.

HAHAHAHAHHAAH Look at you being all slick!!!! bringing it full circle in one breath. That is just God given talent right there. They don't make many like you Mr Fred!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!! JOKE IS ON ME!!!! CEO's are introverts??? MAN I AM OUT OF LUCK BRODIE!!!! lol

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I’m a lot more interesting on a message board than in person, lol. As for the question about @GwillMac6....no chance

Mmhmm

In fairness to Gus here is my take on things for what it’s worth. Gus is a very detailed person. You can see that in the design of his offenses. As an OC he was terrific at what he did. He came back to AU in 2013 as HC he still was much more an OC with some added responsibility. 2013 turned out great but you could see while the offense was stellar defense was not. 2014 Gus stayed with the same game plan. Again the offens was good but not quite as good as 2013. The defense dropped even further. Like loosing to uat 55-44. After 2014 everyone including the AD was in Gus about having to be involved in all phases not just offense. So Gus goes full speed HC spending less time with the offense. Problem is he tried to continue, especially on game days, to override the OC at critical times. That was a recipe for disaster. You can’t be a remote OC. The final chapter of GM/AU is still to be written but I like what I see so far. I think AG May have worked things out where Gus can be a remote HC by delegating a lot of time consuming HC functions to others and being a full time OC doing what he loves to do. If and a that is a major “if” Gus can follow what AG has helped him establish he and AU can be sucessful. One of two things will likely happen. We will be sucessful winning 10+ regular season games and be in the hunt for a championship or the opposite losing 5 or more games with Gus being fired. I hope that he will be sucessful and take this opportunity to set his future in a good direction. War  Eagle. 

On the Enneagram chart Gus is either a 5 or a 9...with a slight possibility that he’s a very introverted 3.  3s are achievers.  5s are very detailed technical types but have very low people skills and come across as having low empathy...he seems genuinely warm.  I think he’s probably a 9 with a 1 wing.  Stubborn, Idealistic and driven when he needs to be, but overall low energy and a personality that tends to briefly merge w/ those he’s surrounded by (as a coping mechanism b/c his basic fear is loss of relationship). Interestingly, in health, 9s migrate to healthy 3 status, capable of achieving great things.  In unhealth, they migrate to unhealthy 6 levels where they’re insecure, overly cautious, reactive.

Look it up.

14 hours ago, AUDevil said:

On the Enneagram chart Gus is either a 5 or a 9...with a slight possibility that he’s a very introverted 3.  3s are achievers.  5s are very detailed technical types but have very low people skills and come across as having low empathy...he seems genuinely warm.  I think he’s probably a 9 with a 1 wing.  Stubborn, Idealistic and driven when he needs to be, but overall low energy and a personality that tends to briefly merge w/ those he’s surrounded by (as a coping mechanism b/c his basic fear is loss of relationship). Interestingly, in health, 9s migrate to healthy 3 status, capable of achieving great things.  In unhealth, they migrate to unhealthy 6 levels where they’re insecure, overly cautious, reactive.

Look it up.

Interesting analysis....but I'm wondering that if by the time a person becomes an adult.....certainly 30s or 40s, they have figured out what society expects of them in their job or with social involvements.....and to some extent are able to fake it in public.  

I know nothing about Gus as a child or how and where he grew up....but I'm willing to bet he has become the most prominent member of his HS graduating class....maybe to the surprise of those who knew him when he was 15 or 16.   

Seems also that the "system" is for self discovery and not for trying to analyze another person ….especially from a distance since many people only let you know a little  bit of who they really are.   

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Interesting analysis....but I'm wondering that if by the time a person becomes an adult.....certainly 30s or 40s, they have figured out what society expects of them in their job or with social involvements.....and to some extent are able to fake it in public.  

I know nothing about Gus as a child or how and where he grew up....but I'm willing to bet he has become the most prominent member of his HS graduating class....maybe to the surprise of those who knew him when he was 15 or 16.   

Seems also that the "system" is for self discovery and not for trying to analyze another person ….especially from a distance since many people only let you know a little  bit of who they really are.   

Good points!

So... This Joey Gatewood guy looks like he could be something... and beat out the "best true freshman QB" Auburn has ever had. 

I sure hope he wins the job. I've been waiting for him to be our QB for years.

17 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Look it up.

Devil done wrote a textbook.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So... This Joey Gatewood guy looks like he could be something... and beat out the "best true freshman QB" Auburn has ever had. 

Years? He's a redshirt freshman.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

In fairness to Joey he has just been here a year and there was no way last year Gus was seriously going to let anyone move ahead of his boy Jason and realisticly a true freshman wasn’t going to do it neither was a sophomore . So I don’t really believe either Joey or Malik was given a chance to do much more than burn out the clock. As for Bo remember Tua nor the kid from Clemson started the first game of their freshmen year. In fact Tua didn’t start a game his entire Freshman year. Remember Bo is quite capable, in my opinion, but he still has to learn Gus’s playbook and he still has to win the team with his leadership. I feel confortable saying QB quality will NOT be a factor in us losing any games this year. If we lose then it’s on the coaches. We have plenty of experience and quality across the team. Coaches have to step up like Pearl and his assistants and get this team where the need to be. And that is both ability and mind set. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:11 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

In fairness to Joey he has just been here a year and there was no way last year Gus was seriously going to let anyone move ahead of his boy Jason and realisticly a true freshman wasn’t going to do it neither was a sophomore . So I don’t really believe either Joey or Malik was given a chance to do much more than burn out the clock. As for Bo remember Tua nor the kid from Clemson started the first game of their freshmen year. In fact Tua didn’t start a game his entire Freshman year. Remember Bo is quite capable, in my opinion, but he still has to learn Gus’s playbook and he still has to win the team with his leadership. I feel confortable saying QB quality will NOT be a factor in us losing any games this year. If we lose then it’s on the coaches. We have plenty of experience and quality across the team. Coaches have to step up like Pearl and his assistants and get this team where the need to be. And that is both ability and mind set. 

Yeah the coaches have to do their job but so do the players. Saban said Belichick taught him his greatest lesson and that's to not over-coach and let the players go out there and win the game.

I’d be cool with running some modern rendition of the 2010 offense but A. We’re not gonna be able to have sub 100 yard passing games against modern defenses like that year B. He’s gonna have to employ a real RB rotation, which I am very interested if he can.

i haven’t had to think auburn football in a while so I don’t know how the RB rotation is progressing but Boobert and JG is a really interesting buck sweep 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d be cool with running some modern rendition of the 2010 offense but A. We’re not gonna be able to have sub 100 yard passing games against modern defenses like that year B.

Cam threw sub 136 yards one time and that one was against LSU...You’re hilarious.

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah the coaches have to do their job but so do the players. Saban said Belichick taught him his greatest lesson and that's to not over-coach and let the players go out there and win the game.

Not talking about over coaching but about reaching inside them like Coach Pearl has his guys. They play as a team, they play for each other. They are not greedy or self indulgent. They are a team. They are confident and most of all they give it their all. That’s the biggest part of coaching. Saben does it by using the business approach. Pearl does it by the family approach. I like Pearl’s way better👍

45 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not talking about over coaching but about reaching inside them like Coach Pearl has his guys. They play as a team, they play for each other. They are not greedy or self indulgent. They are a team. They are confident and most of all they give it their all. That’s the biggest part of coaching. Saben does it by using the business approach. Pearl does it by the family approach. I like Pearl’s way better👍

Good points but I think coaching football and basketball is hugely different.....BP can personally interact with each individual player and is personally coaching them day after day.    A football coach has nearly ten times as many players and mostly interacts with them indirectly via an army of assistants and coordinators.   Don't know how any particular football coach does it but I know from personal business experience that once your "workforce" gets to a certain size, the amount and type of personal interaction diminishes.....which is why Saban uses the business approach I expect. since likely he does not personally coach any of his players to any great extent. 

JMO but basketball coaches have the ideal size squads to personally coach and bond with and inspire.  BP is really good at it.   

Coming in late and maybe sideways on this angle of the conversation, but one of Gus's major accomplishments for most of his tenure has been coaching the guys to keep their heads up, play hard and play for each other. He's also helped himself tremendously- again, to his credit- by mostly recruiting class and character in addition to talent. There have been times when they were simply pushed too far by a lack of competence in preparation, game planning and in-game coaching and faltered as a result- see the defense during the MSU game last year- but for the most part they have refused to give up or give in when many lesser individuals would have. I think Gus mostly gets that part right. It's the actual football coaching he has to get better at. IMO.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You can't coach football like basketball. It just doesn't work that way. 

Coaching b-ball and football, while not apples and oranges, is different when it comes to player/coach interaction. One thing about CGM though is he is really good at keeping his teams together,. I don’t remember a time when he lost control of a team, but there have been several times when that could’ve easily happened-so kudos to him for that.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam threw sub 136 yards one time and that one was against LSU...You’re hilarious.

Okay...we won't be able to have that game or that would be a loss. Defenses are so versatile now, they'd eat up the run before long. I'm glad you found that fact funny though!!!

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Okay...we won't be able to have that game or that would be a loss. Defenses are so versatile now, they'd eat up the run before long. I'm glad you found that fact funny though!!!

Well you said we wouldn’t be able to have sub 100 passing yard games like in 2010 like that was a trend.  Stidham actually had multiple games this past year under 136 compared to Newton’s one. 

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well you said we wouldn’t be able to have sub 100 passing yard games like in 2010 like that was a trend.  Stidham actually had multiple games this past year under 136 compared to Newton’s one. 

We threw the ball 7 times vs Tennessee and 9 times vs Arkansas in 2013.  Scored a combined 90 points in those games.  I'd do dirty things to have that offense back.

Archived