2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Screenshot_20200303-154912.png

For those like me who are not familiar with Caldwell he is a 6'11" C prospect.

Can someone give me the short and skinny on this kid? He plays a position we need badly but i don't see AU mentioned on his rivals page. Is he a second tier prospect for us right now?

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

For those like me who are not familiar with Caldwell he is a 6'11" C prospect.

Can someone give me the short and skinny on this kid? He plays a position we need badly but i don't see AU mentioned on his rivals page. Is he a second tier prospect for us right now?

Did not play all year as detailed on previous pages because of some politics and bs. He is a backup plan for us who we will take if we don't get our desired choices at his position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Mackenro Alexander!

What about him. He was a football player.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What about him. He was a football player.

lol yah IDK what he is implying here. Because we got the 5 star blue chip recruit already in the fold with Coop. I guess that is what he means by Mackenro Alexander. Cardwell is Mackenro in this example?!?! hahahaha IDK. I never know WTF Dual Threat is talking about half the time!!! lmao.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol yah IDK what he is implying here. Because we got the 5 star blue chip recruit already in the fold with Coop. I guess that is what he means by Mackenro Alexander. Cardwell is Mackenro in this example?!?! hahahaha IDK. I never know WTF Dual Threat is talking about half the time!!! lmao.

Well Ro wasn't even a back up plan. The only reason we took him was to try to have a better chance of getting his brother.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I've explained it on earlier pages

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

and here's a restating of it

Restating what exactly? This cat is a good prospect in his own right & can play unlike Ro. Also who would Cardwell help us with? We already have Sharife.

A couple nuggets from Hooks. He says he expects 7 open spots to bring in new players after this season (We already know 6 with 5 SRs & Okoro likely gone). Also says Thor could play the 4 or 5 for us because of his 3 ball to stretch defenses out.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple nuggets from Hooks. He says he expects 7 open spots to bring in new players after this season (We already know 6 with 5 SRs & Okoro likely gone). Also says Thor could play the 4 or 5 for us because of his 3 ball to stretch defenses out.

If I had to guess the 7th spot might be Turbo transferring out.  I would if I were him because with the shuffling around, he may not get settled until his junior year at best, which is a lot of time lost.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

If I had to guess the 7th spot might be Turbo transferring out.  I would if I were him because with the shuffling around, he may not get settled until his junior year at best, which is a lot of time lost.

If we don't land Jalen Green we may need him at his natural position at the 2.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if we need Turbo then next season is done 

I don’t know about that. Bruce has a history of developing his twos.

• Like 1

Yeah counting a guy out after his freshmen season is setting yourself up to look silly. Turbo may not be the one to do it to you but someone will. Remember Ronnie Brown was redshirted once upon a time. I'm sure there is a basketball example as well but ones not coming to mind atm. 

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know about that. Bruce has a history of developing his twos.

Bruce has a history of developing all positions.  Wiley is much better than when he arrived as was Spencer,  Jared , Samir , J'Von, Mac before he got hurt, Chuma had tons of talent but the Chuma as freshman versus the Chuma at the end of his second year before he got hurt  was night and day.  I expect all this years Freshman to have bigger impacts next year because of being coached up and because they will get more PT. 

The only returning player from this years team that I don't have a lot of hope for is Johnson he is not quick enough and athletic enough for the SEC and while he has a nice stroke the ball is not going through the net.  

I think Sharife will be very  good next year but he will still be an undersized freshman PG it will take him time to put his stamp on the team I honestly believe part of the reason he was rated as high as he was is because in recent years there have been undersized PG's like Harper who have made a big impact. Powell will give us a legitimate SG even if we don't get Jalen, If we do get Jalen we will have two players who can shoot the three and we have seen flashes of Cambridge as a shooter give him a summer to work on his shot and we might see a huge improvement in Auburn's 3 shooting percentage. Add in Moore at forward Williams at forward and the Redshirt foward Javon Franklin and we will have a good bit of talent we can put on the floor. We should get some minutes from stretch at Center and if we don't get a big man we can play small at Center with one of the forwards and because of the length and athleticism we have at 2, 3, and 4 we should still be strong on the boards. 

Flanagan is intriguing as he played very solid D for a Freshman and made some great moves to the basket but did not quite finish on some of those plays Give him the summer and Cambridge the summer  and Williams to bulk up a little and we will have a solid 2, 3 and 4 right there as Cambridge and Flanagan can both play 2 and 3.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Screenshot_20200306-163118.png

• Love 2

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Screenshot_20200306-163118.png

Dude is the best recruiter on our staff, and that's really something

I really dont think we have a chance with Green without him, and I would bet my foot he's convinced at least one other guy to give us that chance 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Dude is the best recruiter on our staff, and that's really something

I really dont think we have a chance with Green without him, and I would bet my foot he's convinced at least one other guy to give us that chance 

Just remember our staff has to work twice as hard as other staffs for these type of blue chip recruits for us to even be in the discussion with us being a UA school. WE HAVE TO BE RELENTLESS and tireless. If AU was a Nike school? With Bruce freaking Pearl as the head coach?! GAME OVER!! It would not be nearly as hard as it has been getting these guys to jump in the boat. All the "handlers" and people around these guys are pushing them to anywhere but AU.

BUT to your point HELL YAH!!!!!!! COOOOOOOP HAS BEEN A AMAZING RECRUITER!!!!! It was so so so sooooooo key getting him to sign in the early bball signing period!!! He has basically given us another elite recruiter on staff to help the cause.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

!

kid is gud

Most likely going to be a class of 2021 kid now.

• Like 1

No idea if AU would be interested just something to monitor.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No idea if AU would be interested just something to monitor.

I've seen this kid play a couple of times. Pretty damn good and a very smart player

• Thanks 1