Richard Jibunor has entered the transfer portal

GwillMac6

14 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I seriously hope Garner wasn't taking an indirect shot at Jibunor.

I wouldn't want to bust my ass if I weren't happy doing what I was doing and didn't get a position I really wanted and knew I wasn't going to get a chance at the position I wanted. If the guy's not happy then he should leave.

I just left a job after busting my ass for almost 4 years and never got a chance to move up or get another position that I wanted to do. I guess I'm afraid of hard work according to Garner.

Jibunor was a trouble maker. Garner is a quality coach too. He treats his players like men on the field, and cares for them like his babies off the field. Not much more you can ask for in a coach. 

You seem pretty disgruntled too. Don’t give up. Somebody wants to hire an employee that will work their ass off.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jibunor was a trouble maker. Garner is a quality coach too. He treats his players like men on the field, and cares for them like his babies off the field. Not much more you can ask for in a coach. 

You seem pretty disgruntled too. Don’t give up. Somebody wants to hire an employee that will work their ass off.

I don't care what kind of guy Jibunor is. He's on his way out so he's no longer going to be an issue going forward. 

I don't have much respect for someone, even if it's a coach, taking an indirect shot at someone on their way out. That's not a good look for Garner, if that's the case or reason why someone would post that in a thread about Jibunor. I'd be saying the same thing whether it was an Alabama, UGA, LSU or any other assistant coach taking a shot at a player leaving. 

Can anyone give me clarification on how this is a shot at Jibunor? What am I missing?

Screenshot_20190617-191531.png

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't care what kind of guy Jibunor is. He's on his way out so he's no longer going to be an issue going forward.

I don’t know why you took exception to the tweet that is assumed to be a shot at Jibunor’s work ethic then.

Word to be read again: assumed

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Can anyone give me clarification on how this is a shot at Jibunor? What am I missing?

Screenshot_20190617-191531.png

I find it odd  that someone would even post that or bring it up in a thread about Jibunor unless there was a  reason for doing so. 

I already said I hope Garner's not. Because in this thread there was speculation earlier today about Jibunor not taking to Garner's coaching and speculation on why he's leaving. Then randomly Garner's tweet about Lawson "not being afraid of work, hard work" gets posted afterward.

47 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

C ya. CGM emphatically said he will be playing for a different team next season. 

He’s entered the portal, and he’s going to be somewhere next year — somewhere else next year,” Malzahn said. “We wish him the best.”

When a player enters his name into the transfer portal, it does not necessarily mean that he will actually transfer. A player can remove his name at any point and potentially remain at his current program. That apparently will not be the case with Jibunor, given the finality of Malzahn’s remarks.

When asked afterward if there was a reason for Jibunor’s transfer, Malzahn simply reiterated that the 6-foot-3, 218-pounder entered his name into the portal and will be with another team for the 2019 season.

32 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I find it odd  that someone would even post that or bring it up in a thread about Jibunor unless there was a  reason for doing so. 

I already said I hope Garner's not. Because in this thread there was speculation earlier today about Jibunor not taking to Garner's coaching and speculation on why he's leaving. Then randomly Garner's tweet about Lawson "not being afraid of work, hard work" gets posted afterward.

Interesting to see the trend line of this thread.....started with the view that a really valuable player is leaving AU because coaches moved him from his "natural" position apparently against his will....so he decided to transfer and AU was taking a PR hit over the possible loss of this player because some coaches screwed up.. 

So about 3 or 4 days later, the tone has changed as what might have been the causal factor and now maybe some questions about whether he was even in good graces with some of his coaches.   I guess there is more to know that might dribble out from some insiders who are familiar with the details. 

But this series of comments does reinforce my general view that I never get upset when an AU player decides it's in his or her best interest to transfer.  Basically, if the player feels that way, .it's almost always in Auburn's  best interest for him or her to move to a school that more nearly meets the player's expectations. 

“He’s entered the portal, and he’s going to be somewhere next year — somewhere else next year,” Malzahn said. “We wish him the best.”

Sounds like Malzahn does not want Richard to return.  Pure speculation, but he may have gone to Jibunor and told him if he doesn’t transfer he will be booted, as a way to help Richard save face.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

“He’s entered the portal, and he’s going to be somewhere next year — somewhere else next year,” Malzahn said. “We wish him the best.”

Sounds like Malzahn does not want Richard to return.  Pure speculation, but he may have gone to Jibunor and told him if he doesn’t transfer he will be booted, as a way to help Richard save face.

That's my thinking also. The wording of CGM speaks volumes 

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Because in this thread there was speculation earlier today about Jibunor not taking to Garner's coaching and speculation on why he's leaving.

It’s not speculation at all that he wasn’t taking to his coaching. From his own teammate earlier in the spring:

"He showed us speed, but he has to get better with hands and he’s got to be coachable," Moultry said at the time. "Because [defensive line coach] (Rodney Garner) can’t keep saying the same thing, and once he keeps saying the same thing, he’s going to give up on him. We don’t need that. He needs to play. He’s got too much talent."

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Then randomly Garner's tweet about Lawson "not being afraid of work, hard work" gets posted afterward.

I agree it was a random tweet. Could plausibly have zero to do with Jibunor or could plausibly be a message to his current players. 

33 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Probably was going to cover for him until some people on the state blogs made it sound like the coaches had mishandled the situation...and now there might be doubts about the players and why he is departing.   JMO but sometimes it's best to just not ask too many questions. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s not speculation at all that he wasn’t taking to his coaching. From his own teammate earlier in the spring:

"He showed us speed, but he has to get better with hands and he’s got to be coachable," Moultry said at the time. "Because [defensive line coach] (Rodney Garner) can’t keep saying the same thing, and once he keeps saying the same thing, he’s going to give up on him. We don’t need that. He needs to play. He’s got too much talent."

I agree it was a random tweet. Could plausibly have zero to do with Jibunor or could plausibly be a message to his current players. 

T.D. needs to look in the mirror. Dadgum, kid. I had to reread several times to make sure he wasn't talking about himself here.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

T.D. needs to look in the mirror. Dadgum, kid. I had to reread several times to make sure he wasn't talking about himself here.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This. If you switched the players names around from that quote, it would still make perfect since. He described himself to a T from what I have seen. I'm hoping that a light came on during Spring for TD. I'm calling it now though.....Derick Hall is going to be our next Carl Lawson. It might not be this year but he will show us a bright future at the very least this year i think. He is going to be a beast.

Good luck Richard. You had a chance to be successful here. 

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I laffed at this one 😂

It looks like Garner was scrolling his twitter feed, saw someone post the article about Carl Lawson and he retweeted it showing his former player some support. Nothing more, nothing less IMO. There is nothing in Garner's history to indicate he would take petty shots at outgoing players.

Such a pity. Thought this young man looked like a young Dee Ford last season. But he was definitely already on a shortish leash since he came in with a DUI. I was actually really surprised they even allowed him to sign his LOI at all

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

TD just needs to avoid offside penalties. He’ll be fine. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

TD just needs to avoid offside penalties. He’ll be fine. 

And rushing straight up the field, past the QB, to the goal posts.

Just now, AUght2win said:

And rushing straight up the field, past the QB, to the goal posts.

Dee Ford learned to stop that. TD can too . 

Look it is one of two things Jibunor really wants to play LB and coaches have told him he is a DE/Buck so he is leaving or he did something he shouldn't have and Gus being a class act is letting him save face.

As a coach there have been many valid arguments against him but as a human being and the way he treats his players he has always been a class act.  That is why when the team is having a bad game you never see the team give up they like Gus and play hard for him. 

Take this for the grain of salt that it is worth....  KN was on local radio this morning and said he definitely felt that this was AU not wanting him on the team any longer and this was a way for him to leave and not be kicked off team.  He followed that with the comment that he doesn't have any definite word on that from staff but it is just his gut feeling from all the things he has heard and pieced together.

Gus and Rodney both sent a clear message, there is no doubt about it.  The message was being sent to the entire team publicly. As it should have in cases like this.  It publicly sets standards and expectations.  

The big thing that is getting lost with the portal is those that enter it control the dialogue.  Once a player enters a coach is limited in what they can say.

Archived