Richard Jibunor has entered the transfer portal

GwillMac6

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I had assumed that Jubinor being put at DE was a temporary one year thing since we had three senior starting LB's on the team last season. (Davis, Atkinson and D. Williams) My thought was that with those guys gone Jubinor would be moved back to LB this spring practice but that wasn't done. Who knows why?

Coaches know.....:)  they made the decision.....

And JMO but I think we are drawing far to many conclusions about how well he would do at LB based on spring football and the usual unreliable hype that comes from the players and staff.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And JMO but I think we are drawing far to many conclusions about how well he would do at LB based on spring football and the usual unreliable hype that comes from the players and staff.  

I don’t know what position be should’ve been at but his game tape showed he was a capable SEC player.

Kids leaving will only become more frequent and the transfer portal will make it damn near impossible to develop depth. 

Stability kind of depth: like having a quality backup and a third string back up that’s nearly ready to start. If quality backups leave, sure we can pull from the transfer portal, but what do we know about those players that left for their own reasons? Hadn’t seen them in locker rooms, in the classrooms, or in the weight rooms, and there is whole lot of guessing work figuring out who can transition easily and who can’t. 

:no: no not jibunor. We needed this guy. 

Could have been a tackling machine at OLB. We need to retain the kids we have and stick with true DE. Come on staff. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know what position be should’ve been at but his game tape showed he was a capable SEC player.

Kids leaving will only become more frequent and the transfer portal will make it damn near impossible to develop depth. 

Stability kind of depth: like having a quality backup and a third string back up that’s nearly ready to start. If quality backups leave, sure we can pull from the transfer portal, but what do we know about those players that left for their own reasons? Hadn’t seen them in locker rooms, in the classrooms, or in the weight rooms, and there is whole lot of guessing work figuring out who can transition easily and who can’t. 

THIS  ^ ^ ^

There are nearly 100 quarterbacks on the transfer portal list and most are 3* and higher.......and your questions have to be answered for most of them..

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

:no: no not jibunor. We needed this guy. 

Could have been a tackling machine at OLB. We need to retain the kids we have and stick with true DE. Come on staff. 

The problem with sticking with a "true DE" is we have had very few with any real pass rushing talent.  I don't think we've had one in at least 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Isn't that Mikey's favorite saying? Priceless!

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Isn't that Mikey's favorite saying? Priceless!

I think that's so....but seems reasonable that coaches would know why they did what that did...and folks sitting at a computer several hundred miles away would be the least likely source of reliable  information....:-\

Just now, AU64 said:

I think that's so....but seems reasonable that coaches would know why they did what that did...and folks sitting at a computer several hundred miles away would be the least likely source of reliable  information....:-\

Well, except for the world renowned linebacker expert...

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, except for the world renowned linebacker expert...

maybe he has "insight"...:)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

maybe he has "insight"...:)

The only thing he has sight on is his colon

Just now, bigbird said:

c'mon....this is father's day....you can play nice.....

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

c'mon....this is father's day....you can play nice.....

That wasn't?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That wasn't?

Your version perhaps...:dunno:

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Your version perhaps...:dunno:

The light must be strong to reach the darkest places

The NCAA needs to do something about players entering this NCAA portal at any time. Take Cam'Ron Kelly. He signs with Auburn then a few months later, he leaves AU  for NC.

Many nfl linebackers were college DEs. I hate to see him go. I don’t think he would have been forced into DE if he was one of the top 3or 4 linebackers on the roster. I will wait for an explanation before I blame coaching. 

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

The NCAA needs to do something about players entering this NCAA portal at any time. Take Cam'Ron Kelly. He signs with Auburn then a few months later, he leaves AU  for NC.

They have done something. They have made it easier. Its called the Transfer Portal. It has been discussed quite a lot in this thread and is in the thread title for goodness sake. 

Seriously... Sometimes i wonder if you are doing a World Record troll or if you really believe the things you say...

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Classy remark for a mod to make. Are you sure you attended Auburn University? We normally produce better people than this.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Classy remark for a mod to make. Are you sure you attended Auburn University? We normally produce better people than this.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, alexava said:

Many nfl linebackers were college DEs. I hate to see him go. I don’t think he would have been forced into DE if he was one of the top 3or 4 linebackers on the roster. I will wait for an explanation before I blame coaching. 

Not to mention guys who can get to the quarterback might be the 2nd-most valuable commodity in football after the quarterbacks themselves. There's gotta be something else going on imo.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:42 PM, aujeff11 said:

All of this and our defense knew there was basically no threat of a vertical passing game. A fairly detailed article I read basically said that Steele never adjusted. So beyond herp derp the offense herp derp, there were plenty of spots of concern from that game on D. To Steele’s credit he admitted that his D didn’t do well, but you know, he’s entirely escaped any blame from that game on here. 

The article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballstudyhall.com/platform/amp/2019/5/23/18564309/master-class-chess-games-of-2018-moorhead-vs-steele-mississippi-state-auburn-nick-fitzgerald

MSU game was a mess on and off the field. Not one of the coaches and players best weeks. Lack of leadership on both sides. 

As far as the transfer portal? Kids face any kind of adversity and they bolt. It's a good rule that has got out of control. I don't think it's the lack of playing time or the position, Jibunor was going to line up all over the field. Maybe the coaches can get him back? If not, oh well.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think it's the lack of playing time or the position, Jibunor was going to line up all over the field. Maybe the coaches can get him back? If not, oh well.

If he got in trouble again I’m not sure how hard the coaches will push to get him back.

Just now, ellitor said:

If he got in trouble again I’m not sure how hard the coach will push to get him back.

Agree. Don't think we will find out but people are "saying" that isn't the reason.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree. Don't think we will find out but people are "saying" that isn't the reason.

Ahhh. JGT speculated he wouldn't be surprised if he did so that's where my thought came from.

Archived