Annual Alternate Uniform Debate

Gowebb11

Time for the annual “alternate uniforms’ debate. Traditional vs something new. I’m personally ready for some orange jerseys. I know some staunchly resist. But if you look back over the years, our uniforms have changed a lot through the years; orange jerseys, orange facemasks, variations in number shading, etc...Where are you on this one: ‘Status quo’ or ‘Time for a change’?

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/College-football-Michigan-Wolverines-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Notre-Dame-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-alternate-helmets-uniforms--133479491/#133479491_3

6_8422912.png
(Photo: Next_Gen_Uniforms (Instagram))

Auburn Tigers

Fans have been craving more orange for years on the Plains, whether that's in the form of a home alternate jersey, subtle additions to gameday pants or going full circle with an orange alternate Tiger-stripe helmet much like this. It's too bright of a color to simply use it in a secondary sense, like the program has done for decades, don't you agree? Auburn's current white lid screams tradition, but a flashy orange option would turn the rest of the SEC West on its axis to make ground in the on-field apparel game. But chances the Tigers make such a drastic move are slim.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don’t change the most beautiful and iconic uniforms in college football.  Auburn doesn’t need tacky gimmicks.  Period.  

The road whites don’t move the needle for me. 

I like the home unis as is with black socks and black cleats. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Time for the annual “alternate uniforms’ debate. Traditional vs something new. I’m personally ready for some orange jerseys. I know some staunchly resist. But if you look back over the years, our uniforms have changed a lot through the years; orange jerseys, orange facemasks, variations in number shading, etc...Where are you on this one: ‘Status quo’ or ‘Time for a change’?

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/College-football-Michigan-Wolverines-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Notre-Dame-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-alternate-helmets-uniforms--133479491/#133479491_3

6_8422912.png
(Photo: Next_Gen_Uniforms (Instagram))

Auburn Tigers

Fans have been craving more orange for years on the Plains, whether that's in the form of a home alternate jersey, subtle additions to gameday pants or going full circle with an orange alternate Tiger-stripe helmet much like this. It's too bright of a color to simply use it in a secondary sense, like the program has done for decades, don't you agree? Auburn's current white lid screams tradition, but a flashy orange option would turn the rest of the SEC West on its axis to make ground in the on-field apparel game. But chances the Tigers make such a drastic move are slim.

Still waiting on the all navy blue matte unis. 

My opinion is that football is not a fashion show.   Pull on a  T shirt,  draw a number on it,  go out in the parking lot and play some ball.

All these teams with the fancy fashion uniforms are ridiculous.   Whats next  lipstick and blush?

;)

I'd like to see us have an all blue kit that we use sparingly. Blue pants, blue tops, blue helmet with a matte finish.

As long as it is one game a season I would be okay with it.. We already have the best looking uniforms in the SEC one of the best in all of college football. 

Helmets- love the white, not interested in a blue one. 

Jerseys- I was present when Auburn broke out the orange jerseys against Georgia. Stadium went nuts. I didn't like the shade of orange because it was lighter than our orange. Get the orange right and I'm okay with it. That's why I won't buy Auburn apparel from Walmart and the like...the orange is off, badly sometimes.

Pants- This is where I could go for a more frequent change. Blue pants would be a great addition because you could use them at home or on the road and mix it up. I like our road whites but blue pants would look great too. 

Shoes- I'm a fan of the white shoes but the black looked good too. Got to do black socks though, white socks and black shoes are a no go. Leave that crappy look to Bama and USC. 

Logo- the interlocking AU is the best in football and as iconic as Green Bay's G. Please don't ever change this. This should be the one constant regardless of any other changes. It says Auburn.

I believe in the special jerseys once or twice a year . Sell them high and donate the proceeds . Au can do this tactfully and still keep the best uniforms in the ncaa cool. 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep! Those would be the only ones I would really be interested in. They are sharp!

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It's too bright of a color to simply use it in a secondary sense, like the program has done for decades, don't you agree?

No.

The orange is used perfectly. In my opinion it's not a strong base color for a uniform. It's a beautiful, subtle contrast to the navy that sets both off without being glaring or obnoxious. Unlike another orange and blue combination used in the SEC.

Don’t know why so many people are against alternative uni’s. Just because you wear them sparingly doesn’t mean the original will be changed permanently. These unwritten rules are killing sports. It’s not 1957 anymore. It’s time to have some fun and wear an alternate every now and then. If the team wins in them nobody would say anything. Remember this is just a game at the end of the day

I wish they’d get rid of the metallic stripes. 

And bring a modernized version of these bad boys back, once in a while, with an orange face mask to pay homage to a couple of different eras at once.
QC4JKOL2NVGNTFI77RKOKRJBCI.jpg

11 hours ago, DAG said:

10 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'd like to see us have an all blue kit that we use sparingly. Blue pants, blue tops, blue helmet with a matte finish.

Yup.

This thread is always fun for bringing out the intense Get Off My Lawnness of our fanbase. Flat-front chinos are a little too risque for some of these folks. 

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Uniforms in the year 2030....

Related image

If this happens, not watching anymore. Sorry.

Do they have anything in red and green...or are we married to orange and blue?  Also, the pants...what about shorts in September...it gets really hot.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If this happens, not watching anymore. Sorry.

Two of me will watch in your absence.  Football in dresses has always been a dream in my family.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Two of me will watch in your absence.  Football in dresses has always been a dream in my family.

Football in lingerie was just the start. Still so much more mountain to climb. But climb, we shall. 

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The road whites don’t move the needle for me. 

Love our road whites and would hate to see us in all blue. Could tolerate the orange jersey every now and then just because other fans seem to want it. I personally opt Auburn Blue shirts for game-day in cooler weather. White on hot days. Also like pleated chinos but the wife says they are out of style.

"Cary Grant wore suits with pleated pants as did Sean Connery in the role of James Bond. "

35 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Love our road whites and would hate to see us in all blue. Could tolerate the orange jersey every now and then just because other fans seem to want it. I personally opt Auburn Blue shirts for game-day in cooler weather. White on hot days. Also like pleated chinos but the wife says they are out of style.

"Cary Grant wore suits with pleated pants as did Sean Connery in the role of James Bond. "

Listen to your wife on this one. She knows what she's talking about. 

15 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Give me some 90s nostalgia for the road trip against Florida. Give us the jersey number shadows 😂😂

Never happen....number shadows a brain child of Tater Tot. Just like the "Terrys Tigers" poster/sign hung in the end zone. Lots of junk disappeared with him.

Alternative Uniforms would be awesome. 

But it likely wont ever happen in the current way Auburn operates. A younger generation will likely need to be in charge before that happens at Auburn. 

Too many people think we have the unquestioned best uniforms in all of college football. They dont relate to what kids like these days.

Archived