Annual Alternate Uniform Debate

Gowebb11

1 hour ago, WarEagle1982 said:

I could definitely get with the orange facemasks without the number shadowing though.  I think that is a sweet look!

Isn’t that orange shadowing of the numbers circa Bowden years?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, Frooby Sips said:

Auburn needs to really start showing that they're able to adapt to the changing college football landscape whether that be uniforms, or how there run their program. The unis need some alternative changes even if for a game or two just to show the fan base that their important and taken seriously. Small tweaks would do wonders for just an alternative unis. Keep the white helmet and white pants just change the facemasks to orange and the AU sign on the helmet orange for say two games WA LA! U MAGIC. WE WOULD LOVE THIS LOOK EVEN IF THE SIGHT CAMO IS GONE

AuburnUniform.jpg

We need some sort of camo for the military appreciation weeks.

Speaking of Alternate Uniforms what did everyone think about Bama's helmetless look they tried in the Iron Bowl? That was different. 

Screenshot_20191204-105519~2.png

I'll chime in to say I'd love to see an all navy look at least once a year. Doubt it will ever happen but I think it would look cool- maybe against OM, MSU, Arky or the like....

not sure if its still open but you can see a real orange Auburn jersey in the Petrie Hall pop up shop on the north end of Jordan Hare.

Petrie Hall pop-up shop will feature merchandise that showcases Auburn's vintage College Vault logos and a new line introducing the Original Aubie, which celebrates the storied history of Auburn's award winning mascot.

Originally drawn by Phil Neel, the Original Aubie adorned many of Auburn's game programs and tickets from 1959 to 1976. This lively character became a favorite part of gameday as fans anticipated what he might be doing to the opposing team that week. Aubie received his name in 1969 when he appeared on the program for a game against Clemson.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wish they’d get rid of the metallic stripes. 

And bring a modernized version of these bad boys back, once in a while, with an orange face mask to pay homage to a couple of different eras at once.
QC4JKOL2NVGNTFI77RKOKRJBCI.jpg

Those were great!!

• 3 months later...

https://auburnuniforms.com/2019/10/07/orange-jerseys-history/

An interesting excerpt from the article although it is not a recent article:

In the 2020 Chick-fil-a Kickoff Game, Auburn and North Carolina are set to face off for the first time since 2001. Early information about the game stated Auburn would be the designated home team, and would wear “orange or white jersey,” as UNC will wear their “blue jersey.”

This could be sign that Auburn is planning for the orange jerseys to return, or it could simply be an instance contractual language, keeping the possibility open.

If you need a uniform to stimulate you, you aren't watching for the same reasons I am.

We are not and do not need Oregon style motivation.

29 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If you need a uniform to stimulate you, you aren't watching for the same reasons I am.

If you’re not for alternate unis, that’s fine. A lot of AU fans feel similar. But Oregon is now one of about 100 CFB that have them. Including 12 of 14 SEC teams. And it’s not about gameday motivation. It’s about making money and branding.

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

If you’re not for alternate unis, that’s fine. A lot of AU fans feel similar. But Oregon is now one of about 100 CFB that have them. Including 12 of 14 SEC teams. And it’s not about gameday motivation. It’s about making money and branding.

I can very well see your point on that. I think I am one of the few that really like the traditional uni's just as they are, but I also like the orange jerseys that were worn in 79-80 on occasion and would not mind if they were worn in a game or two each year. I just don't care for the Oregon type flash. Maybe because i'm old and more an traditionalist...LOL!

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Exactly. I'm a fan of the traditional unis we have but I'm not opposed to alternates either. The NFL does it with throwbacks and color rush games. Auburn changes up the uniforms in all other sports from time to time. NBA and MLB do it too. As long as we kept the traditional look for most games I'd be happy. 

On 12/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, fredst said:

I'll chime in to say I'd love to see an all navy look at least once a year. Doubt it will ever happen but I think it would look cool- maybe against OM, MSU, Arky or the like....

Those powder navy helmets are so freaking bad ass. And you're right, one of those soft spots in the middle of the schedule is the perfect time to bring them out. 

18 hours ago, CCTAU said:

please just stop it, Auburn is still operating like cavemen, snap out of it we are now in 2020 and we are still STUCK IN MUD.

17 hours ago, gr82be said:

Exactly. I'm a fan of the traditional unis we have but I'm not opposed to alternates either. The NFL does it with throwbacks and color rush games. Auburn changes up the uniforms in all other sports from time to time. NBA and MLB do it too. As long as we kept the traditional look for most games I'd be happy. 

I love AU unis. I think the we have the best home and definitely away unis in the country. I do see some cool alternates for other schools and I am kind of in the middle. I fall in the younger generations I am 35, but I lean more towards tradition and old times. The problem I see is right now we are a traditional school. I wouldn't mind seeing something different once or twice a season either, but then Pandora's Box is opened. Where would it end from that point. 

Suppose AU comes out with something to mix it up...and the fans hate it...then AU comes out with another one. Next thing you know we turn into Oregon and never wear the same look twice ( exaggeration).  Some fans would be perfectly happy if that happened. I am just rambling at this point in time...I have no point lol.

I'd like to see Auburn have orange jerseys and orange facemask for homecoming and 1 other game during the season.

23 hours ago, eaglenest said:

please just stop it, Auburn is still operating like cavemen, snap out of it we are now in 2020 and we are still STUCK IN MUD.

Like this post a lot!   Time to have something different at least for one game.  And to all that aren’t on board, all of the other sports at AU have orange jerseys 

On 7/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, Tiger said:

We told our athletic programs to cut their budgets by 10% each, yet refuse to sell alcohol and refuse to make an alternate jersey that would sell. 

We are so dumb 

you my friend is "captain obvious" the leadership at Auburn is very weak minded, they can not make good decision and do what is best for Auburn, this fan base is holding Auburn back with their voices and this admin is in fear of moving Auburn forward in fear of what fans will say and do because they are to worried about what Bama/UGA will say about us. The rest of the world is moving full steam ahead while we sit here protecting the flag just sad.

10 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

you my friend is "captain obvious" the leadership at Auburn is very weak minded, they can not make good decision and do what is best for Auburn, this fan base is holding Auburn back with their voices and this admin is in fear of moving Auburn forward in fear of what fans will say and do because they are to worried about what Bama/UGA will say about us. The rest of the world is moving full steam ahead while we sit here protecting the flag just sad.

giphy.gif

On 3/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, eaglenest said:

The XBOX generation must be totally stimulated before they can engage.

The rest of us enjoy knowing that we don’t need the stimulation to be hyped and excited about Auburn football. 

8 hours ago, CCTAU said:

The XBOX generation must be totally stimulated before they can engage.

The rest of us enjoy knowing that we don’t need the stimulation to be hyped and excited about Auburn football. 

What about the Atari generation like me? Those were the days!

I was looking at some concept jerseys with NFL and came across some Auburn related alternates.  Just posting for the fun of it. I like the look of the first one best. Pretty clean with the nice Aubie logo. Then the matte blue helmet set at the bottom.  

24901167288_2da3e461e3_o.jpg

AuburnUniform.jpg

79f16ff38e9bd38d41fedd0bb364b51c.jpg

cool-college-football-helmets-2013-AuburnAlternateUniforms.png

The matte blue helmet was very close to a reality but was blocked by couple of very influential people. 

I think that the #7 helmets last year were a good baby step in showing how the fan base would react to the occasional interesting change up. I mean, who else gears up for Alabama A and M in the middle of the season?

Couple of thoughts: 1) I can’t remember in the middle of this comment which team in Tennessee has our same kits, but basically they have awesome uniforms and could test drive looks for us. 2)Anybody remember that week when Tubs said we were going to wear alternate jerseys for a game and everybody was so stoked, then we came out in our road whites with no AU on the helmet...that was as out of the box as we could get!😂

14 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The matte blue helmet was very close to a reality but was blocked by couple of very influential people. 

I think that the #7 helmets last year were a good baby step in showing how the fan base would react to the occasional interesting change up. I mean, who else gears up for Alabama A and M in the middle of the season?

Couple of thoughts: 1) I can’t remember in the middle of this comment which team in Tennessee has our same kits, but basically they have awesome uniforms and could test drive looks for us. 2)Anybody remember that week when Tubs said we were going to wear alternate jerseys for a game and everybody was so stoked, then we came out in our road whites with no AU on the helmet...that was as out of the box as we could get!😂

UT- Martin is who you are looking for.

10 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The problem I have is the one time they bust out a uniform modification, they play like doggie doo doo. 

Archived