Annual Alternate Uniform Debate

Gowebb11

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Uniforms in the year 2030....

Related image

Gives an entirely different meaning to dressing out for the game. Even Rudi would have passed on that. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Do they have anything in red and green...or are we married to orange and blue?  Also, the pants...what about shorts in September...it gets really hot.

Some are actually already there. And then of course the Chizik shorts that we unfortunately can't unsee. 

Screenshot_20190708-135742~2.png

Screenshot_20190708-135725~2.png

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup.

This thread is always fun for bringing out the intense Get Off My Lawnness of our fanbase. Flat-front chinos are a little too risque for some of these folks. 

Hahaha I am here! How late am I?! That is soooo muhhhhhhh! lol.  Cause I would not change 1 single thing about our uniforms. They are perfect! Most beautiful and prestigious uniforms in all of college football. Not even for 1 game a year UNLESS they look like the ones we used in 2007 at home against vandy. Those throwbacks were absolutely stunning. LOVED EM FAM! 

erer.gif

rrt4.gif

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Uniforms in the year 2030....

Related image

The many faces of the WolfPack revealed. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha I am here! How late am I?! That is soooo muhhhhhhh! lol.  Cause I would not change 1 single thing about our uniforms. They are perfect! Most beautiful and prestigious uniforms in all of college football. Not even for 1 game a year UNLESS they look like the ones we used in 2007 at home against vandy. Those throwbacks were absolutely stunning. LOVED EM FAM! 

Agree with you there for sure. But I would add the all navy in matte on occasion. I just think it looks so clean and tough. I think it would look particularly awesome in domes. 

But there is literally not one single thing I would change about our home or away kits. Definitely the best in the land. 

As with each year my vote is for orange facemask and white cleats.😁....................oh and rotary phones.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup.

This thread is always fun for bringing out the intense Get Off My Lawnness of our fanbase. Flat-front chinos are a little too risque for some of these folks. 

When did we stop wearing pleated khakis 😁

Y

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Let's ask Jake:

Image result for pleated khakis gif

Good one brother............you mean to tell me you dont lounge around the house in cordaroys and padded elbow sweaters............geez I should get out more.

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Good one brother............you mean to tell me you dont lounge around the house in cordaroys and padded elbow sweaters............geez I should get out more.

Oh, don't misunderstand me, my dearest dapper friend. The sexy stuff is for Mrs. Loof's eyes only. It's only outside the home that she doesn't trust me in my padded elbow sweater, pleated cords and a sweet, sweet neutral-toned turtleneck.

Am I even allowed to type that on a family site?!?!

32 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

When did we stop wearing pleated khakis 😁

When we realized rather than hiding anything, they just make you look fatter.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Also like pleated chinos but the wife says they are out of style.

Not so sure about that.  Pleated may be back, and if not, it's only a matter of months.  Rule of thumb...when those of us older than 35 catch on to a fashion trend...then it's officially over.  IMO, you get bonus points for pleats and anything with extra pockets.  And no belts...belts are totally uncool.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Two of me will watch in your absence.  Football in dresses has always been a dream in my family.

The Addams family? Is that your family?

On 7/7/2019 at 11:38 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

My opinion is that football is not a fashion show.   Pull on a  T shirt,  draw a number on it,  go out in the parking lot and play some ball.

All these teams with the fancy fashion uniforms are ridiculous.   Whats next  lipstick and blush?

;)

Shhhh..... Careful.

In the 60's & 70's, I'm sure rock fans couldn't imagine the 80's coming....

gettyimages-554905363_custom-68a666e55fc94df67ded54dad64830a328b5b16e-s800-c85.jpg

6b5aaa9adb00977555ff83d45f5730f7.jpg

We've got great looking uniforms that are instantly recognizable by fans across the country.

Navy and white are great "base" colors.  Orange is fine as a trim but is an awful base color.  (I actually feel sorry for Clemson with their various combos.)

Black shoes and socks is the only change needed - it's a bad ass look. 

And keep the navy facemasks.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, gr82be said:

Some are actually already there. And then of course the Chizik shorts that we unfortunately can't unsee. 

Screenshot_20190708-135742~2.png

Screenshot_20190708-135725~2.png

Little known fact:

The 3-9 season actually didn't have anything to do with Chizik being fired. It was these booty shorts that essentially got him axed  

37 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Little known fact:

The 3-9 season actually didn't have anything to do with Chizik being fired. It was these booty shorts that essentially got him axed  

The one time the BOT got it right. The shacket already had him on thin ice.

image.jpeg

IMHO many AU fans would be on board if our players wore a special uni annually in whatever home game is closest to Veterans Day. And I do not necessarily mean the overused camouflage look, rather (e.g.) all blue and a slected lead player out of the locker room run out w/ a US flag. Other than Texas A&M we are the only school in the country with all 4 branches of ROTC on campus (at least that was the case when I was at Auburn) so we lead in honoring military as it is.  

8 minutes ago, AuburnFast said:

IMHO many AU fans would be on board if our players wore a special uni annually in whatever home game is closest to Veterans Day. And I do not necessarily mean the overused camouflage look, rather (e.g.) all blue and a slected lead player out of the locker room run out w/ a US flag. Other than Texas A&M we are the only school in the country with all 4 branches of ROTC on campus (at least that was the case when I was at Auburn) so we lead in honoring military as it is.  

I would disagree with this. I don't think it should be represented or based on any holiday. Not to mention, you are asking for a dispute on your hand. Last year players were kneeling and rasing fists during the anthems. Make it about the football game. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnFast said:

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I would disagree with this. I don't think it should be represented or based on any holiday. Not to mention, you are asking for a dispute on your hand. Last year players were kneeling in anthems. Make it about the football game. 

Love the sentiment but I agree with DAG. 

Interesting. Solid thoughts. Have to admit Auburn players running onto field in Veteran-inspired unis waiving American flag in Auburn resulting in protest did not cross my mind.

3 minutes ago, AuburnFast said:

Interesting. Solid thoughts. Have to admit Auburn players running onto field in Veteran-inspired unis waiving American flag in Auburn resulting in protest did not cross my mind.

There are a few issues with it IMO. One of those would be, if you can use Auburn players as a billboard for one cause then what else can you use them for? I think @DAG touched on that, also, unless I misinterpreted. Which I often do. 

Archived