2020 OL Class Reset

ellitor

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

E, if you have the time, could you link the profiles to the remaining potential OL recruits in this thread as a reference , please. 

Do you want 247 profile pages or our OPs from their individual threads on AUF?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want the physical characteristics, but mostly I want mean and nasty regardless of the star value ... we can teach them to be OL.  mean and nasty on the OL is an inherent trait.

7 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

i want the physical characteristics, but mostly I want mean and nasty regardless of the star value ... we can teach them to be OL.  mean and nasty on the OL is an inherent trait.

I have said this for years.  I don't care about *s or size as much as I care about attitude.  The best OL are borderline sadistic when they are on the field.  Those are the guys I want.  I want them to punish a guy just for trying to tackle one of our guys.

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I have said this for years.  I don't care about *s or size as much as I care about attitude.  The best OL are borderline sadistic when they are on the field.  Those are the guys I want.  I want them to punish a guy just for trying to tackle one of our guys.

They all need Marlon Davidson attitude in them! See media days interview.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Do you want 247 profile pages or our OPs from their individual threads on AUF?

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

2016: Sammons & Hamm

2017: Troxell & Ashley

2018: none

2019: Osborn (maybe)

5 tackles in 4 years for 2 positions...

One has left (Ashley)

One won't play and has had to be convinced multiple times not to hang it up (Sammons)

One has bad knees and is injury prone(Troxell)

One has played guard his entire time at AU (Hamm)

One is a tweener that most think will be a guard (Osborne)

Conveniently forgot Jack Driscoll, I see. Prince Tega was moved to OT in short order, and Jackson has been moved there now. So we're at 8 tackles in four years, unless there's another one missing in there...perhaps another transfer from, say, Texas? That takes us to 9 in four years. Not quite so shabby after all.

I want all three juco tackles and hope we get them but I would be surprised if all three commit and stay committed. I imagine they would not want to compete against each other. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Conveniently forgot Jack Driscoll, I see. Prince Tega was moved to OT in short order, and Jackson has been moved there now. So we're at 8 tackles in four years, unless there's another one missing in there...perhaps another transfer from, say, Texas? That takes us to 9 in four years. Not quite so shabby after all.

Well, I posted 2016-2019. A 4 year span and Tega was 2015. I see you missed the entire point of OT recruiting, Jackson was never recruited with the intention to play OT. You're right though, I did forget Driscoll. 

So, 6 possible OT have been recruited in 4 years for 2 positions. With only 1, maybe 2 providing any real meaningful PT at OT.

One has left (Ashley)

One won't play and has had to be convinced multiple times not to hang it up (Sammons)

One has played guard his entire time at AU (Hamm)

One is a tweener that most think will be a guard (Osborne)

And...

One is a grad transfer and will be a two year starter (Driscoll)

Wow! That's so much better. I'm so thankful for your contribution and correction. The point remains the same. Our OT recruiting has been plain awful. Clueless and arbitrary is a comedic combination.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Well, I posted 2016-2019. A 4 year span and Tega was 2015. I see you missed the entire point of OT recruiting, Jackson was never recruited with the intention to play OT. You're right though, I did forget Driscoll. 

So, 6 possible OT have been recruited in 4 years for 2 positions. With only 1, maybe 2 providing any real meaningful PT at OT.

One has left (Ashley)

One won't play and has had to be convinced multiple times not to hang it up (Sammons)

One has played guard his entire time at AU (Hamm)

One is a tweener that most think will be a guard (Osborne)

And...

One is a grad transfer and will be a two year starter (Driscoll)

Wow! That's so much better. I'm so thankful for your contribution and correction. The point remains the same. Our OT recruiting has been plain awful. Clueless and arbitrary is a comedic combination.

Yeah. Pretty hilarious that  Mikey is citing Alec Jackson as a reason that OT recruiting is going just fine.

We're going to get 1 good year each out of Driscoll and Tega. (No, last year, when we finished 68th in the country- Auburn! Gus Malzahn! 68th in the country!- in rushing and 9th in the league in passing yards per completion doesn't count as a good year for any of our offensive linemen.) Yeah, that's what you're looking for when you recruit players. 1 good season. 

It's not like offensive linemen benefit from a couple years of cohesion with the guys on either side of them.

Oh, and the fact that our only OT to get drafted since 2016- and likely until 2021- was recruited to be a defensive end probably isn't a good sign. 

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I want all three juco tackles and hope we get them but I would be surprised if all three commit and stay committed. I imagine they would not want to compete against each other. 

You're right, but one glimmer of hope that @mcgufcm brought up is that they all have 3 years to play 2, and 2022 looks pretty wide open for the odd man out. Or even 2021 if one of them pulls a Greg Robinson next year. 

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Clueless and arbitrary? You should have written a letter to our recruiting coordinator and told them how to do it. Of course OT recruiting of high schoolers hasn't been up to the level we'd all like but adjustments have been made and the position is manned.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Clueless and arbitrary? You should have written a letter to our recruiting coordinator and told them how to do it. Of course OT recruiting of high schoolers hasn't been up to the level we'd all like but adjustments have been made and the position is manned.

At what point did we fail to field a complete linebacker corps? To my knowledge, that position has been manned every year since I moved to Alabama in '82. Yet, you whine and question our recruiting of the position. 

Clueless. Arbitrary. 

4 hours ago, alexava said:

My concern as well.

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're right, but one glimmer of hope that @mcgufcm brought up is that they all have 3 years to play 2, and 2022 looks pretty wide open for the odd man out. Or even 2021 if one of them pulls a Greg Robinson next year. 

Chances are none of them wants to go somewhere they may be RSed off the bat though

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like another bad Vince McMahon WWE gimmick idea. Right @GwillMac6?

Is Vince McMahon the captain of personal insults on a forum where such things are not supposed to be done? I suspect ol' Vince has more class than that, but I don't follow the wrasslers.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Chances are none of them wants to go somewhere they may be RSed off the bat though

Like I said, a glimmer. 

Just now, Mikey said:

Is Vince McMahon the captain of personal insults on a forum where such things are not supposed to be done? I suspect ol' Vince has more class than that, but I don't follow the wrasslers.

You're right, I should just throw out passive-aggressive, collective insults towards all those that disagree with me instead. Much classier.  

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Edited out of the OP. Sorry it took a bit.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As long as we never have a kicker named Doink!

wakka wakka wakka

source.gif

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like another bad Vince McMahon WWE gimmick idea. Right @GwillMac6?

They will just give it to Corbin and all will be good, as he can do no wrong.  :laugh:

33 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They will just give it to Corbin and all will be good, as he can do no wrong.  :laugh:

It’s definitely an appropriate title for his reign as raw general manager.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, The Plainsman said:

I knew we were going to sign 7.   

Coffee and Robinson is how I would close it out.  

Ok well Wright is on board,  so I think we close it out with Coffee now.   I think Wright could go inside too if needed. 

Archived