ellitor

With Big Z & J-Wright on the board we now have 6 OL committed to the class

3* OG/C Tate Johnson
4* OT Javion Cohen
3* OG Avery Jernigan
3* #1 Juco OT Kilian Zierer
3* #5 Juco OT Jonathan Buskey
3* OT/OG Jeremiah Wright

With us leading or in the thick of it for a number of guys it will be interesting to see which one we land if we take another one...

3* #2 Juco OT Brenden Coffey - AU leads
4* OG Chris Morris - Surprise BCW visitor. #AU #2 behind aTm.

AU may take 1 more OL in the class. It would likely be a juco OT or a college ready OT from high school.

Discuss...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is now a great class. so now do we need one or more Juco to have enough depth for 2020 or do we want one or two more for a longer range future. Personally I want one to be Wright giving us 2 Freshman OT's  along with Jernigan and Johnson and the other can be any of the other three. 

36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I want one to be Wright

I might want Robinson more. He’s a mean cuss.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With Big Z on the board we now have 5 OL committed to the class

4* OG/C Tate Johnson
4* OT Javion Cohen
3* OG Avery Jernigan

The plan is to take 1-2 more. With us leading or in the thick of it for a number of guys it will be interesting to see which one or ones we land...

3* OT Jeremiah Wright - AU leads
3* #2 Juco OG TJ Bass - AU in the thick of it
3* OT/OG James Robinson - AU in top 2 with Vols

The plan is 0-1 more OT & 0-1 Interior OL.

Discuss...

What a difference a month makes in oline for 2020=$$$$$$$

I hate we had to dedicate so much of our class to the position group but am more than happy with the direction and results.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I hate we had to dedicate so much of our class to the position group but am more than happy with the direction and results.

This, there’s always hope to pickup bigger fish but I do really like this group. War Eagle.

I would take Coffee & Robinson of that group. Does this mean we are out of the running for 4* OG Chris Morris? Are we still trying to recruit Omari Thomas as an OT?

29 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Does this mean we are out of the running for 4* OG Chris Morris?

No. I just put in the 4 most likelys as of now. Odds are & have been long with him.

30 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Are we still trying to recruit Omari Thomas as an OT?

Since we offered not long ago we likely are still recruiting him. Not much is known about him right now so didn't include him in the OP.

Robinson, Wright and Coffee are all takes unless we promised the German we would not take another juco tackle. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Robinson, Wright and Coffee are all takes unless we promised the German we would not take another juco tackle. 

They may be but only until 1 or 2 jump in the boat.

FWIW Keith thinks it would be hard to take Coffey now with 2 juco OTs already committed.

If we had to take 1 more then I want Robinson. If we keep all those guys and sign them then that’ll be a nice haul. Robinson would be the cherry on top

I typically agree, but all three have a redshirt year remaining. If we’re considering grad transfers, I’d weigh them against trying to sign Coffey with Buskey and Zierer. 

Personally, Wright is the more position flexible guy. I’d take him over Robinson. But really, I’d hold out fighting for Morris until he told me to stop. 

I think the coaches have done an excellent job of filling this need assuming all these guys stick with their commitments.  We need another HS OT for sure. I don't think it is likely we sign 3 JUCO OTs unless one is very likely to move to an inside spot. JUCOs guys don't want to compete with other JUCOs for spots. Their time window is just too small.  

I know that we are likely to only take 1-2 more.  If I got my wish list I would take all 4.  We currently have 14 commits.  That leaves 11 spots.  We are looking great at LB, WR & RB.  The DBs are a bit sketchy but everyone is saying this is a weak class anyway.  So we should have the spots to take the extra two OL and when you look at the success rate of OL prospects it is not great.  Between injuries and abilities, I feel like OL is the worst in percentage of hits vs misses.  So go ahead and use all 4 spots (if we got them all) and get the cupboard full of talent.  Just in case some of them turn out to be more of Ashley type players.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

With Big Z on the board we now have 5 OL committed to the class

4* OG/C Tate Johnson
4* OT Javion Cohen
3* OG Avery Jernigan

The plan is to take 1-2 more. With us leading or in the thick of it for a number of guys it will be interesting to see which one or ones we land...

3* OT Jeremiah Wright - AU leads
3* #2 Juco OG TJ Bass - AU in the thick of it
3* OT/OG James Robinson - AU in top 2 with Vols

The plan is 0-1 more OT & 0-1 Interior OL.

Discuss...

I'd love to get Coffey for the sole reason of being able to say we got the top 2 JUCO OT's and 3 of the top 5. Just sounds cool.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

That leaves 11 spots.

13 but Gus likes to leave 1 or 2 spots for transfers down the line.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So go ahead and use all 4 spots (if we got them all) and get the cupboard full of talent

Wont have room with the staff's plans for other positions in the class. The most is 2 more OL.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

13 but Gus likes to leave 1 or 2 spots for transfers down the line.

Wont have room with the staff's plans for other positions in the class. The most is 2 more OL.

Way to just ruin it for me E.  Thanks sooooo much...

6 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Way to just ruin it for me E.  Thanks sooooo much...

giphy.gif

Per JLee we now may take 7 OL at minimum with the 2 high schoolers, Wright & Robinson, being the most likely additions.

The staff needs to get on Robinson pretty quick as he is leaning to the Vols according the 247 analysis, and I think Robinson maybe the better blocker of the two. 

anyway.……….

Next 

just like a barbershop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDE 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Per JLee we now may take 7 OL at minimum with the 2 high schoolers, Wright & Robinson, being the most likely additions.

So your saying there may be room for all 4 :)

17 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So your saying there may be room for all 4 :)

No. Says 3 at most.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

That doesn't make sense with our OL depth...

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That doesn't make sense with our OL depth...

Serious or Mikey-jab?

Archived