Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

To be fair, our 2s are better than most teams 1s 

I doubt that's true if you're including UA, UGA, and LSU.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One thing for sure EVERY decision right or wrong someone will dress it up and try to explain it ok.....I've learned you just have to realize who you're talking to then go on from there

Not necessarily my friend.  Or least in this case.  At least from my point of view, it’s just to wait for more of a resume in scrimmages before we write off a position group.  You are a former basketball player right?  It’s like if you had a rough exhibition, that doesn’t mean you didn’t come back the next game and splash all over everyone.  The one game did not define your season.  

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:
10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

To be fair, our 2s are better than most teams 1s 

Crossed my mind too.

AU's 2's are certainly better than a LOT of teams' 1's but I'm not sure we'd want to trust only the 2's with the 2019 schedule (I'm also thinking Oregon, aTm, Florida).  ....heck, I wouldn't want to trust only the 2's against the Mississippi teams TBH.  ....I remember most of the 1's being embarrassed by UCF a couple years ago.

Auburn needs to stay healthy!!

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

So it wasn’t Gus that was saying the OL improved.  It was other people that were ranking them high, like Phil Steele, and Cole Cubelic to name two off of the top off my head.  Cole actually had Auburn 4th in the SEC in top OL, ahead of LSU.  Then players like Derick Brown coming out and saying they were flat out beat with one-on-ones against guys like Horton in the spring.

So, my reasoning is with all of these positive reports coming out of the spring, and one bad outing, let’s give them another shot before we try to pass judgement.  Not saying they will be Elite, but my guess is they are certainly better than their representation from the first scrimmage.  

We can be a top 25 OL and still be 4th or so in the sec west.  Sec is brutal ...

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Well those three teams are perennial Top ten talent E.G. the top 1 percent. And of course we face all three. 

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not necessarily my friend.  Or least in this case.  At least from my point of view, it’s just to wait for more of a resume in scrimmages before we write off a position group.  You are a former basketball player right?  It’s like if you had a rough exhibition, that doesn’t mean you didn’t come back the next game and splash all over everyone.  The one game did not define your season.  

I played both, in football I would say I know secondary play very well

But I'm not talking about anybody gambling our season just off one scrimmage, but like anything it's more so in the middle wouldn't say the season is over but I wouldn't say it's no big deal either. 

But no matter what it is, it could be clear dead wrong there would be a group saying no it's ok to any problem. That's my opinion

I skipped a few pages. I can’t deal with useless arguing today. I’m looking for fall camp/ practice schedule. Did we practice Friday or Saturday/ today?

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I played both, in football I would say I know secondary play very well

But I'm not talking about anybody gambling our season just off one scrimmage, but like anything it's more so in the middle wouldn't say the season is over but I wouldn't say it's no big deal either. 

But no matter what it is, it could be clear dead wrong there would be a group saying no it's ok to any problem. That's my opinion

Thanks for explaining.  Makes sense.  Didn’t know you played football as well.  

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I skipped a few pages. I can’t deal with useless arguing today. I’m looking for fall camp/ practice schedule. Did we practice Friday or Saturday/ today?

I would think we would’ve made an updated thread if we had practice today. Athletes are doing the fan day thing so even if they had practice, I can’t imagine it was too thorough 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would think we would’ve made an updated thread if we had practice today. Athletes are doing the fan day thing so even if they had practice, I can’t imagine it was too thorough 

I don’t think we practiced yesterday either?

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

No practice starts up again tomorrow

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:
1 hour ago, alexava said:

No practice starts up again tomorrow

I think I read where Gus mentioned another scrimmage mid or late in the week too.

Mon, Aug. 13

3:05-3:25 p.m. - Open to the media
6 p.m. - Selected players post-practice interviews

Wed, Aug. 15

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Thur, Aug. 16

Off
11 a.m. - Assistant coach interviews

Fri, Aug. 17

Practice, no interviews

Sat, Aug. 18

Practice, no interviews

Sun, Aug. 19

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug. 20

First day of class

Nothing about scrimmage days though.

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Mon, Aug. 13

3:05-3:25 p.m. - Open to the media
6 p.m. - Selected players post-practice interviews

Wed, Aug. 15

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Thur, Aug. 16

Off
11 a.m. - Assistant coach interviews

Fri, Aug. 17

Practice, no interviews

Sat, Aug. 18

Practice, no interviews

Sun, Aug. 19

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug. 20

First day of class

Wednesday for sure.  Possibly next Sunday based on the time.

57 minutes ago, Win4AU said:
1 hour ago, toddc said:

Wednesday for sure.  Possibly next Sunday based on the time.

Quote from an AL.com article on Thursday: "The Tigers’ next scrimmage will be Wednesday morning at Jordan-Hare Stadium, and Malzahn will look to see those improvements from each of the quarterbacks as he continues to evaluate and draw closer to a decision on a starter."

I am going to go out on a limb and say the offense greatly improves in the 2nd scrimmage.  With all the additional practices, the execution will improve and the results will be much better.  The defense will still win the day because they are just the better unit and there are certain advantages the defense has in this format, but the reports will be much more positive. 

5 hours ago, Howard Roark said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say the offense greatly improves in the 2nd scrimmage.  With all the additional practices, the execution will improve and the results will be much better.  The defense will still win the day because they are just the better unit and there are certain advantages the defense has in this format, but the reports will be much more positive. 

?????

There will only have been one practice in between the two scrimmages. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

?????

There will only have been one practice in between the two scrimmages. 

Are you sure about that? 

There may have been practices without media viewing windows or interviews. I seem to remember some one posting a practice schedule before camp started that indicated that players would get one day off a week since practice began. However, the schedule could have changed and you could be right! 

33 minutes ago, akcwde said:

Are you sure about that? 

There may have been practices without media viewing windows or interviews. I seem to remember some one posting a practice schedule before camp started that indicated that players would get one day off a week since practice began. However, the schedule could have changed and you could be right! 

I just went by the schedule posted above and they didn't practice Friday or Saturday with nothing scheduled for today. That leaves Monday as the lone practice before the second scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I just went by the schedule posted above and they didn't practice Friday or Saturday with nothing scheduled for today. That leaves Monday as the lone practice before the second scrimmage. 

A lot of film study and getting healthy 

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

My guess is Cord didn't drop the clipboard a single time.

Also, when Gus was ready for a fresh piece of Double Bubble, Cord has a piece unwrapped and ready to go.

:partey:

56 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to another board it was Nix 

Archived