***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d love to see Joey go to somewhere like OU 

I'd love to see Joey stay right here in Auburn, AL and contribute to this team! He's too good of an athlete for me to want to see him anywhere else. I think he'll have a big role on this team this season regardless of him being the starter or not. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How did you miss it? Politely asking. The tittle has 3 stars on each side of it to make sure it's not missed.

I was already in the QB thread when I hit refresh and nobody mentioned it so I did. When I left that thread and went to the main page then I saw it. 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Please leave!! How do you come out here with a comment like that, on such a great news day like today!

Crap! I was hopefully Joey would edge it out.The only easy way to have kept both QBs was for Joey to start. 

Welp, hopefully Gus has a plan to prevent Gatewood from transferring. Being stuck with 1 scholarship QB is not a good place to be. I don't want our season to be in the hands of Sandberg!!!

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thanks for editing my unconfident attempt at being the breaking news guy, whoever you are. You’re the real MVP!

giphy.gif

I also feel like Joey will have a big role. Not to mention that he is just one injury away from starting. I hope that he knows that it was a difficulty decision and that he is valued as a player at Auburn, not only by the coaches, but by his teammates and the fans. This has been heart wrenching for me, because I know that both guys are talented and both deserve to play. I hope Joey keeps working hard to be ready. I don't want him to feel like he wants to be somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Crap! I was hopefully Joey would edge it out.The only easy way to have kept both QBs was for Joey to start. 

Welp, hopefully Gus has a plan to prevent Gatewood from transferring. Being stuck with 1 scholarship QB is not a good place to be. I don't want our season to be in the hands of Sandberg!!!

Don't think Gatewood will transfer this season. He will have a pretty big role on this team and will get plenty of PT to show off his abilities. If he does transfer next season, We'll be bringing in Garnett as a third scholarship QB. (Bo, Cord, Chayil). Certainly hope he sticks around and the coaches find a way to get a guy with his talent on the field (maybe as a receiver/tight end??).

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Someone may need to check on Jeff tho (yellow font)

1AC05554-5215-4327-A8AE-3A7A99DB7A36.gif

@ellitor called this a few weeks ago when he chose Joey G as his man crush. Said with his track record he probaly jinxed him. WAYYYYYYYYYUL....................... 

THE CURSE IS REAL!!!!!!! lol 

eewrwer.jpg

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Can't make a decision based on this. But I do understand your premise.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Can we not start talk like this unless the kid actually decides to transfer? Even though not the starter there can be a very valuable part for him on this team & the success of this season.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just believe it’s inportant he considers his future, I don’t believe Bo will lose the long term starter role if you’re looking for a compliment 

I am not looking for anything. Just thought that comment was not very great, but whatever. Bo being named the starter does not mean the story has to end for JG. JG can still get an opportunity to regain the opportunity, even so, I hope he learns as much as he can and can be successful here.

As the VP of the Joey Fan club, I accept this. I’m thrilled for Bo (I bet his dad is soooooooo happy), but do think Joey will be used more than we think. 

WAR EAGLE! 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am not looking for anything. Just thought that comment was not very great, but whatever. Bo being named the starter does not mean the story has to end for JG. JG can still get an opportunity to regain the opportunity, even so, I hope he learns as much as he can and can be successful here.

Yeah well...it’s nice to believe I suppose 

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'd love to see Joey stay right here in Auburn, AL and contribute to this team! He's too good of an athlete for me to want to see him anywhere else. I think he'll have a big role on this team this season regardless of him being the starter or not. 

Amen brotha, amen!

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

I just hope people will give him time to develop if /when Bo makes some early season mistakes. This kid will be fine, but there’s bound to be some growing pains!

Agree!!!

Can't wait to watch this kid play. If he can make defenses respect his running ability...watch out. Looking forward to the season! WDE

I get the "let's be patient/supportive of Bo's mistakes" sentiment trickling in here and agree with it insomuch as I would with any QB, freshman to senior who is bound to have moments of struggle over the course of a season.  I don't think he should be given any extra understanding just because he's a true freshman.  True freshmen the last decade have shown they're more than capable of leading teams to championships, and Bo just won what many have called the toughest QB competition Auburn has had in a long time.  Him coming out on top means he's a worthy QB1, regardless of age, and his talent/rise to this role should be above the "well, he is still learning..." crutch when/if he struggles.  Gus thinks he's found the guy who gives him the best shot at a championship.  Let's hope he's right!

Welp, I was wrong. I still think JG is a better choice for CGM's offense. That is especially true given all of the reports of drops from the

receiver's and the number of that group that are coming back from injuries. Anyway, JG just became the best quarterback on the team, without

question. The number two guy always is.

Archived