***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy for Bo!. I had a feeling after Spring he would edge out JG. Not taking anything away but If it was that close after Spring (and to me Bo looked better in the Spring) then He had to be doing something right. It is hard to imagine Gus naming a Tru Frosh QB the starter but it is hard to imagine a talent like Bo riding the bench. Same for Joey G. I envy and at the same time do not envy the situation the coaches and team were put in. Two great young men, both deserving in their own way, but only one can start.

Joey, and I think I speak for the entire Auburn fan base on this, Great job improving to where you have. You have made huge strides since last year and it is not unnoticed. We love you. We hope and expect to see you be a major contributor, and even more so a leader of this team this year. We need you to stay focused which I know you will, because you are one play away from being giving the opportunity to take this team on your back (I.E. Alabama 2018 and 2019 UGA games). We are excited for your future as well as Bo's. It is truly great to be an Auburn Tiger. Your dedication to your craft and your efforts put in day  in day out are outstanding. Just know we love you and need you. This is not the end......just getting started young man.

To Bo.......It's time young man.....Do your thing. Lead this team. Over and Out....War Damn Eagle!

12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Can’t believe the biased media pulling for Nix to start convinced Gus to give him the job.  All those false articles they printed.  Some on this board owe some apologies to our beat writers.

This post makes no sense to me, even when trying to read it in sarcasm. All the beat writers did was report the info people who were watchin practices were giving them.

5 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

we are gonna be undefeated heading into Death Valley with Bo I believe, if Gatewood had been named starter I was fearing atleast a five loss season no disrespect to Joey I just don't think he would've been the right choice as starter with this schedule

Wait what?

6 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Bo Won the competition. It was not handed to him. JG is a class act. Those saying he should transfer are jaded.

I want Gatewood to do what he wants to do. He was very loyal throughout his recruitment, even through an OC change, and worked his butt off this year to be QB1. If he wants to be QB1, go for it. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

For anyone wondering if Nix really is more of a run threat than Stidham:

Jarrett Stidham ran a 4.81 forty yard dash at the NFL combine Link

Bo Nix's most recent 40 time is a 4.60 at the Opening in 2018 Link

I know that doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of running production, but Nix certainly looks to have more straight line speed than Stidham.

I know his speed at the spring game shocked me the most 

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I know his speed at the spring game shocked me the most 

It’s really a 4.71 fwiw

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Mods, can we move this to the All Things 2019 QB Thread?  It's cluttering up the board.

No.   It's the biggest news coming out of fall camp.  It needs it's own thread. 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Mods, can we move this to the All Things 2019 QB Thread?  It's cluttering up the board.

@AUDevil Sarcasm? This is big news & needed it's own thread.

ETA: What A4E said.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This post makes no sense to me, even when trying to read it in sarcasm. All the beat writers did was report the info people who were watchin practices were giving them.

I know, people on this forum were literally saying the reporters were biased and only writing pro Bo articles because they wanted him to win the job.  You even called then out at that time.

29 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Can’t believe the biased media pulling for Nix to start convinced Gus to give him the job.  All those false articles they printed.  Some on this board owe some apologies to our beat writers.

Oh, so it was the liberal media, not the talent of Bo. Thanks for clarifying.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I know, people on this forum were literally saying the reporters were biased and only writing pro Bo articles because they wanted him to win the job.  You even called then out at that time.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I get the "let's be patient/supportive of Bo's mistakes" sentiment trickling in here and agree with it insomuch as I would with any QB, freshman to senior who is bound to have moments of struggle over the course of a season.  I don't think he should be given any extra understanding just because he's a true freshman.  True freshmen the last decade have shown they're more than capable of leading teams to championships, and Bo just won what many have called the toughest QB competition Auburn has had in a long time.  Him coming out on top means he's a worthy QB1, regardless of age, and his talent/rise to this role should be above the "well, he is still learning..." crutch when/if he struggles.  Gus thinks he's found the guy who gives him the best shot at a championship.  Let's hope he's right!

I disagree.  I expect him to struggle, and probably often, when he faces good defenses.  Most true freshman aren't ready for the speed of the game, disguised coverages etc.  However just because he's responsible for any missteps doesn't mean they are his fault.  He should never have been put in the situation to have to start as a true freshman.  That's on Gus for poor QB recruiting/evaluation/coaching.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Oh, so it was the liberal media, not the talent of Bo. Thanks for clarifying.

Bro that is not what he was saying lol. He is actually accusing others of maliciously attacking our media because of their reports, solely because it didn't align with who they wanted at qb

I don't understand how if you think he should go to a school where he can play is viewed negatively.....I feel like I could be missing something that's right in my face as I can't see how a person could feel differently. Is there someone who takes that stance AND also knows what he's talking about that can explain it? It would probably have to be someone who wasn't a fan club member. 

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I don't remember that but I trust you. Lol. Thanks for clarifying.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I don't remember that but I trust you. Lol. Thanks for clarifying.

Nobody was complaining about what they were hearing. They were complaining about hearing nothing about Joey at all. Same thing was going on on 247 boards. 

Back in '82(I think) a football player named Bo came to Auburn, and he and Pat Dye changed Auburn forever, 

well it has been a while but I see a Bo and a father Pat(as Pat Nix did)  in our future that will once again change Auburn for the better, 

I was in the stands the day Pat Nix came off the bench without any warm-ups and toss the TD pass to Frank Sanders to beat Alabama, 

I saw him again make the pass in the Corner of the end zone at Florida to beat the then #1 gators, 

if Bo just has 75% of what his father had, what a future we all have to look forward to, 

WDE 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Yes.  All the way back into last season.  I even said it in one of my "My Thoughts from the Stadium" threads.  

giphy.gif

Archived