Florida vs Miami - Who do you like?

gr82b4au

Ordinarily I'd pull for UF over Miami but I feel the same about Mullen that I did about Cryer. ... don't like him.

Ironically, I believe both of them had a hand (or two) in the Cam trash.  Both had sour grapes and both are slimy liars.

So I'll be pulling against Florida.... although I can't quite say that I'll be "pulling for" UM.  Just never liked 'em.

As for who wins?  No idea.  Both have had questionable press in Florida due to players leaving, etc.  Ultimately, I'm going to go with.....the 'Canes.

I like owning Florida (haven't beat us since 2002*) so I want Miami to expose the hell out of them to make things easier for our matchup against the Gators.

If Miami wins and people start piling on the SEC I won't care.

But if Florida does win and props up the SEC I'll take the incoming credit but still hope Florida gets exposed.

*Yeah we've only played 3 times since then but shhhh

Miami is breaking in a new QB, new offense, new HC, and hasn't established an identity. On the other side, Florida has Mullen is in his 2nd year and has an experienced QB in Franks. They have some returning supporting pieces at WR, RB, and a few guys on defense. 

I think Florida will win but depending on how Florida's O-line does against Miami's defense, it could be a close game if Miami's defense can keep it a lower scoring game.

I'm pulling for the 'Canes. I don't know enough about either to make a prediction, but I do despise Mullen. Besides which, I grew up in Miami and was a Hurricane fan until I came to school at Auburn.

No fan of Mullen or Richt here -- I'm quite ambivalent about either team winning.  However, I do have about 8 family members (multiple generations) who either attended or graduated from UF.  So if UF wins I can celebrate with them and if UF loses I can pretend to commiserate with them all the while secretly laughing inside.  This is a win-win game for me. 

Florida. I want Florida undefeated when we spank them in Gainesville. Would also be nice to have another team in the east to challenge UGAg. 

17 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

No fan of Mullen or Richt here -- I'm quite ambivalent about either team winning.  However, I do have about 8 family members (multiple generations) who either attended or graduated from UF.  So if UF wins I can celebrate with them and if UF loses I can pretend to commiserate with them all the while secretly laughing inside.  This is a win-win game for me. 

Curious how you feel about Manny Diaz?

:poke:

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I actually like Diaz..................... have no idea how he will do as HC

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other of him.  I was just needling Loggerhead about his Richt mention. 😉

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other of him.  I was just needling Loggerhead about his Richt mention. 😉

I forgot about Diaz taking over as HC ... oops.  Thought he did well as a DC & really don't have anything against him as HC.  Doesn't change my feelings about Sat's game -- still a win-win situation. 

UF

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Curious how you feel about Manny Diaz?

:poke:

I love Diaz. I wanted Chizik to hire him when he hired Roof. He is a very smart coach.

I hope it’s some embarrassment, atrocious, laughable game with some bizarre 18-16 score ... so bad that it gets talked about for days as being bad.  I with they could tie with a final score of 8-8.

I haven’t gotten over the Canes letting me down majorly one evening in NO a few moons ago, but, I’ll probably be pulling for them again come Saturday.

definitely want Miami to win this one.  I'll be watching.  Have a high school game to officiate tonight then this game tomorrow.  Football is BACK....

Hoping for a 0-0 tie going in to the fourth overtime....after that.....I don't care...

I thought this was a who will receive the death penalty first.........also thought Manny Diez was a comedian that frequents the Joe Rogen podcast........sorry running a high fever and food has no taste........what was the ? again😁

Florida is going to take Thug U to the shed. Franks is "meh" at best but they should absolutely demolish Miami. The ACC is worse than the AAC right now. If it weren't for Clemson they would be the obvious conference to leave out in the playoffs.

I’d take UF if I was betting on the game. I expect Franks to look much improved this year. Mullen knows how to get a QB ready. And if his OL sucks he’ll adjust the offense to quick passes. I don’t like Mullen but I respect the hell out of him as a coach

On 8/22/2019 at 8:23 PM, bigbird said:

UF

I love Diaz. I wanted Chizik to hire him when he hired Roof. He is a very smart coach.

I never thought much of Diaz as a DC and I for reasons I can't explain think he is about to become a modern illustration of the Peter Principle.  I think he flops as a HC and I think it starts with this game.  

Archived