2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we ever flipped an UGA commit? Bulldog coaches always get the ones they want.  But sometimes a few of the 11-20 rated recruits in state of Georgia end up better than 1-10.  Same is probably true in all states I guess.

2 minutes ago, autan said:

Have we ever flipped an UGA commit? Bulldog coaches always get the ones they want.  But sometimes a few of the 11-20 rated recruits in state of Georgia end up better than 1-10.  Same is probably true in all states I guess.

I can’t think of us flipping anybody but we’ve took top recruits in their state that they’ve really wanted 

1 hour ago, autan said:

Have we ever flipped an UGA commit?

Darius Slayton and Dontavius Russell should come to mind immediately without even thinking about it.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Bulldog coaches always get the ones they want.

No they don’t. We got four or five guys in the last class they wanted.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Darius Slayton and Dontavius Russell should come to mind immediately without even thinking about it.

I never knew we flipped them. I just thought there was major UGA interest. Never realized they were committed 

47 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I never knew we flipped them. I just thought there was major UGA interest. Never realized they were committed 

This shocks me sizzler!!! You live and breathe fball crutin almost more than anyone on here not named E!!! I've been bamboozled!!! Lol.

Hey remember that one time that was not at band camp that we flipped Craig Sanders, kalvarez bessent and Stephen Roberts from bama all in a span of a few classes apart from each other!?! Goooood times!! 

That may of been the last time we flipped someone from Bama. Had to be bessent and roberts since they were in the same class. Ok I'm out!!! Tagging in muhhhhhh Brodie!! @McLoofus lol

43 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s all on their timelines on their recording pages on 247. Slayton was committed to Georgia for two months before flipping to Auburn the day before signing day. Russell was committed to Georgia for eight months before flipping to Auburn in late December.

Just now, ellitor said:

It’s all on their timelines on their recording pages on 247. Slayton was committed to Georgia for two months before flipping to Auburn the day before signing day. Russell was committed to Georgia for eight months before flipping to Auburn in late December.

I. Miss. D Craig. Sorry if that triggers Mr d Craig hater Mikey but he is a elite recruiter and continues to show it at TAMU. So glad we still have the OG Rodney G though!!! Wooooo!!!!

On 3/30/2020 at 7:53 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I. Miss. D Craig. Sorry if that triggers Mr d Craig hater Mikey but he is a elite recruiter and continues to show it at TAMU. So glad we still have the OG Rodney G though!!! Wooooo!!!!

Why would you miss Craig? I thought T-Will was your main 'Cruter Crush.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why would you miss Craig? I thought T-Will was your main 'Cruter Crush.

He is. So that means I can't miss D Craig? 

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Whoa-ho-ho there, Mr. Rocket Surgeon. No need to bring big math into this. 

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Think about it: Both of them hanging around would be too many cooks in the stew.

5-star OT Amarius Mims names final 10

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 23 hours ago 

Share8 Comments

One of Auburn's biggest and most important targets in the 2021 recruiting cycle is down to his final 10 schools. Five-star offensive tackle Amarius Mims of Cochran (Ga.) Bleckley County released his list via Twitter on Wednesday. Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee made the cut.

Mims, the No. 2 tackle and No. 8 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, plans to announce his college commitment Oct. 14.

At this time, Mims has Alabama on top with Georgia second, Clemson third and LSU fourth, he told Kipp Adams of 247Sports. Auburn currently sits in the No. 5 spot.

"Love their coach and facilities," he told Adams.

Mims has visited Auburn three times since last November, starting with the Iron Bowl -- an Auburn win over the Tide. He already has returned twice this year -- once in February and again in March.

“It feels like home when I’m here,” Mims said. “I feel at home. I’m going to keep coming back.”

Mims is the No. 1 prospect in the state of Georgia. On both trips to Auburn this year, the 6-feet-7.5, 315-pound standout not only met with Auburn football coaches but stuck around to watch the Auburn basketball team play.

For the Tigers, Mims is a priority recruit to new offensive line coach Jack Bicknell.

“It’s been good,” Mims said of their relationship. “He’s a friendly coach and I like him. He tries to get to know you and everything. I mean, that’s the key thing, trying to get to know your position coach.”

According to Mims, Auburn’s need at tackle “definitely” is significant to him.

8COMMENTS

“That’s very important,” Mims said. “Everybody needs tackles, especially to protect the quarterback’s back side.”

Here is his most recent 247Sports evaluation, courtesy of Charles Power: "Possesses an elite combination of size and length for an offensive tackle. Has rare length by way of long arms and big hands along with a sturdy build with room to add some muscle to his frame. On the hoof, looks as good as you could hope for at this stage for an offensive tackle prospect. Already is over 300 pounds without much bad weight. Shows his athletic ability while playing both ways at offensive tackle and defensive end. Moves well at the second level, using quick feet and his length to get his hands on linebackers. Shows good flexibility and bends at the knees. Has some pop in his hands and easily plants opposing defensive linemen on contact. Will need to continue getting stronger and refining his pass set technique. Looks to have a very high upside early on and should develop into a top national prospect. Has the ultimate upside of developing into a multi-year starter at the Power 5 level and eventual high NFL Draft pick."

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-5-star-offensive-tackle-recruit-Amarius-Mims-names-final-10-145607218/

It's not a full list but here are some positional numbers Keith is hearing AU will take in the class

QB 1
RB 2
WR 2-3 (leaning 2)
TE 1
LB 1-2
S 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It's not a full list but here are some positional numbers Keith is hearing AU will take in the class

QB 1
RB 2
WR 2-3 (leaning 2)
TE 1
LB 1-2
S 2

George Santayana: Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

1-2 won't do. We are currently in good shape at LB. We didn't get there by signing one or two a year and that number won't keep us there either.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

"Turn that surfin' crap off. Rock 'n' Roll's been goin' downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."~~~ John Milner in the movie American Graffiti

On 4/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, Mikey said:

Think about it: Both of them hanging around would be too many cooks in the stew.

tenor-8.gif

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

1-2 won't do. We are currently in good shape at LB. We didn't get there by signing one or two a year and that number won't keep us there either.

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Yes, crazy how we went +_ ten years without having an All-SEC linebacker.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Then how many LB’s should we sign?

26 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Then how many LB’s should we sign?

Well, since we normally play 2 the majority of the game and we have solid depth and development, then I'd say 17 or 18 per class

Archived