Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

8 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I am about to sound very dumb, BUT...someone explain (but really someone like @bigbird) so is Gus calling the plays for them to run or is Bo getting a short leash to make these decisions/last second changes?

I believe that Gus is calling them but the option to pull or give is decided by Bo and dictated by the defense.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game. Defense looked incredible after the atrocious 1st Q. Tutt, Britt, Seth, Sal, Boobie, Stove all deserve praise. Bo is a baller. Kid is going to keep getting better hopefully and PLEEEEASSSEEEE tailor the offense to his strengths. . Not holding my breath on this though, and nobody else should either. Or else we would've tailored the O to the most recent QB we put into the NFL, yet we didn't. This was a big win for us and moving forward. We see some weaknesses that we gotta fix but there are also things that won't get fixed. I am ecstatic we got the win against a top ranked Pac12 team to start the year but it didn't mean a whole lot for us when we did it last year.

Concerned about:

No blitz counters

No easy throws to get the QB settled

Blundered red zone playcalls

Running Boobie until he almost died

No pressure on QB with just the front 4 -- especially early.

I am skeptical that we have something sustainable here. And I ain't talkin Nix/RBs/WRs or the defense. It's the coaching. We won in spite of Gus doing his typical Gussy things. He does deserve some credit, obviously, like showing the guts to go for the TD late and trusting his players. That's not something he's shown in the past. Also for not continuing to go all Game 1 Al Borges/Brandon Cox on Bo and letting him throw it 18 more times in the 2nd half and leaned on the run game.

Also, Nix is a true dual threat IMO. Kid can move. I just hope we put the kid in a position to succeed. Not confident we will do that. It's gonna take me quite a while to trust that Gus is doing right by his players on the field. Gus saying it was hectic after the TD as some sort of excuses to not have his damn head in the game to make a proper decision on what to do next is soooo dumb.

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

In limited appearance as a true freshman.

74 att. 

371 yds

5.0 ypc

3 TD

Results on the field do matter. You not knowing who he is or understanding what he brings is the only thing that is unfathomable...well that and phathom.

From many within the program Worm was easily the best back during Summer workouts and fall camp. Your insight and opinions are breathtakingly bad yet you double down on it and make yourself look even more clueless than you did when you first posted. 

If you continue with this take, I'd advise strongly to educate yourself about who he is, what he has accomplished, what he brings, and what the coaches believe. That way you don't look so dumb...excuse me, that way your opinion doesn't look so dumb.

What Brannigan realized after you shut him up:

lvlH465.gif

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Honestly, after seeing some of that guy's other antagonistic posts, including TRYING to offend Worm's Mom and taking his screen name into account, he's clearly a bammer who fancied himself a voyager on a mission to cause trouble.  I'd take his posts with a grain of salt.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, bigbird said:
On 9/2/2019 at 5:05 PM, DAG said:

It's not your info, it's probable that your posting style is coming off as an ass. 

Nah, his info sucks too

It’s because his info sucks ass.

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

It’s because his info sucks ass.

When I saw him post I was literally like this. This is also like @DAG in the second quarter, reverse jinx worked tho! 😂

81E33EB2-C89A-41B7-BA92-A029FED77809.jpeg

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

lvlH465.gif

I still think Charlie Murphy, “Bruce lee cross kick(ing)” Rick James was  an accurate representation 😂😂

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Honestly, after seeing some of that guy's other antagonistic posts, including TRYING to offend Worm's Mom and taking his screen name into account, he's clearly a bammer who fancied himself a voyager on a mission to cause trouble.  I'd take his posts with a grain of salt.

Wish this has been handled swiftly, before momma saw it at least, since its obvious he’s not one of us, from what I’ve gathered. I know there’s family pride here but when somebody makes the comment “ I wish he had gone somewhere else when people say things like this” verbatim, that hurts, especially for a player that I’d say 99.9% of AU fans love. I mean momma saying that literally has bothered me since it was said.

This is just a question I'm wondering about. Gus sees he has 16 seconds on the clock. He calls a pass play to the end zone. If it falls incomplete, there's still maybe time to toss another out pass to shorten the field, but even if that too fails, you kick the FG. Right?

Why is Gus being praised like crazy for such a "gutsy" call to throw a pass with 16 on the clock? This is just ordinary end-of-game clock management.

Is it because nobody actually expects Gus to be able to manage clock at the end? What am I missing? This just seems like ordinary good decision making to me, like any coach would make who was a decent coach.

Speaking of Shivers. On the 2nd play of the 2nd half he had a run off tackle right. We had trips out to the right and all three ran routes running right past defenders. Why were our receivers running routes while the rest of the team ran an off tackle play? Things like that will kill us in SEC play. 

19 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wish this has been handled swiftly, before momma saw it at least, since its obvious he’s not one of us, from what I’ve gathered. I know there’s family pride here but when somebody makes the comment “ I wish he had gone somewhere else when people say things like this” verbatim, that hurts, especially for a player that I’d say 99.9% of AU fans love. I mean momma saying that literally has bothered me since it was said.

Well, anyone with message board experience has to be thick skinned sometimes for sure.  Truthfully, if I had a son on the team I'd stay FAR away from these things, LOL!

That being said, I thought it was pretty clear early on that dude was a legit troll but then there's a lot of names that pop up, once the season starts, that look unfamiliar so...

Just glad he seems to be gone for now.  Guess he'll show up, with a different handle of course, the week of the thUga or bammer games.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Well, anyone with message board experience has to be thick skinned sometimes for sure.  Truthfully, if I had a son on the team I'd stay FAR away from these things, LOL!

That being said, I thought it was pretty clear early on that dude was a legit troll but then, there's a lot of names that pop up, once the season starts, that look unfamiliar so...

Just glad he seems to be gone for now.  Guess he'll show up, with a different handle of course, the week of the thUga or bammer games.

If he shows up again, you don’t want to see me. Lol, bout had my fill

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Speaking of Shivers. On the 2nd play of the 2nd half he had a run off tackle right. We had trips out to the right and all three ran routes running right past defenders. Why were our receivers running routes while the rest of the team ran an off tackle play? Things like that will kill us in SEC play. 

I noticed that too. Unless everybody isn’t on the same page 

Nerd with some nice analysis.. I know Derrick didn't have gaudy stats but I really want him to have that Nick fairly year. The effect that he has on every game will do wonders for us.

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Love his attitude. I hope he gets a chance to showcase his ability more than just on the goal line.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Cole is right. We don't win this game without Bo's mobility. That is paramount to our success with such a leaky OL

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Cole is right. We don't win this game without Bo's mobility. That is paramount to our success with such a leaky OL

He actually thought the OL was improved which was nice to hear from him.  I figured if anyone would know it would be him.  Not many people have talked about the OL this week so I was waiting for someone knowledgeable to speak on it.

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He actually thought the OL was improved which was nice to hear from him.  I figured if anyone would know it would be him.  Not many people have talked about the OL this week so I was waiting for someone knowledgeable to speak on it.

Yup he did say that. During the game with my non-sober eyes it felt like Bo was under duress often and had to make something happen by getting out of the pocket but Cole mentioned that Bo was bailing a little early. I'll have to re-watch the offense to get a better feel. I hope Cole was right about that part too. 

But I will say I like the prospects of what can happen when Bo gets outside the pocket and looking to make a play with his arm or his legs.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Yup he did say that. During the game with my non-sober eyes it felt like Bo was under duress often and had to make something happen by getting out of the pocket but Cole mentioned that Bo was bailing a little early. I'll have to re-watch the offense to get a better feel. I hope Cole was right about that part too. 

But I will say I like the prospects of what can happen when Bo gets outside the pocket and looking to make a play with his arm or his legs.

Cole is the only saving grace to al.com.

15 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

If it wasn't this time, it would have been another.  Don't know if you were around with Kiehl Frazier here, but his dad started out posting on the forum.  That ended badly.  No way I would go on a fan forum as a parent if my kid was on the team.  

Archived