Tulane Post Game Thread

Auctoritas

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s be real, Gus got the Auburn job too fast and coasted off the phenomenal talents of Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, and Jarrett Stidham. All transfer quarterbacks with phenomenal talent. 

Gus would have done better staying at Arky State for at least 2-3 years, then some small P5, and then maybe Auburn. He didn’t cut his teeth anywhere and he hasn’t learned on the job well. 

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Is the Texas field bigger than ours?  Seems like there is lot more open space for receivers to catch the ball. 

Yeah it is actually. It’s weird but at UT’s stadium, and every other school’s stadium, they stretch the field wide and add an extra section between the hashes that the teams can use. 

6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Is the Texas field bigger than ours?  Seems like there is lot more open space for receivers to catch the ball. 

They use the middle of the field. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Oregon just scored 77 on a Nevada team that beat Purdue. Our D is good.

I dont mean to poop on the defense, I really dont. But Oregon teams, as of late, make a killing on embarrassing nobodies and flopping against real teams. They had a...one....TD against MSU and got airplaned by Arizona last year

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think so. The future looks bleak I hate to say. Next week will say a lot. It’s frustrating seeing somebody like LSU make so much progression and we are stuck.

I agree. Coach O hires capable coaches and then lets them do their job.

I’m convinced now that if Gatewood was in and he handed it off as much as he kept it, we’d start putting up 40 points and 500+ yards a game. I love Bo, but we just don’t do well offensively when the QB isn’t a legit threat. It’s the sad truth, but when JG came in and they ran that triple option looking set, the offense looked so much better. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Oregon just scored 77 on a Nevada team that beat Purdue. Our D is good.

Unfortunately 3 and outs against the better SEC teams will negate some of our defensive strength. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

Were all are all the these 4 star receivers and rbs, step up!

The receivers are hindered by having no route tree and a position coach who, though I love the man, didn’t really earn his job.

RBs aren’t being rotated out despite an Auburn legend expressing his desire to do so. One should have transferred a while ago and could have killed it a group of 5 school (Kam), one Gus doesn’t trust as a full time back (Shivers), the other is fumbling and exhausted (Boobee), Joiner and Malik might as well transfer the way they’re not used and then you’re left with two injured studs (MAR and DJ).

Plus, even Cadillac would struggle behind this OL

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just think Gus does not have the progression to be a playcaller. Granted the line isn’t great, but that also falls at his feet. I always support the boys and they play so hard, but I am at a point that I can’t stand see us like this. 

I agree.. we will win games this year because of our defense keeping us in it.. the play calling looks so similar to last year. I would like to see him put Our offense in better positions. Play to our strengths.. and run blocking is not a strength. 2 runs up the middle and having 3rd and long is not good for a freshman qb. We will have to get lucky to win 8 games. If this is the game plan they came up with all summer.. man.. it’s going to be bad. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Eh. Very vanilla play calling all night. Hopefully Gus is just hiding stuff from A&M. At least we covered the spread...

Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m convinced now that if Gatewood was in and he handed it off as much as he kept it, we’d start putting up 40 points and 500+ yards a game. I love Bo, but we just don’t do well offensively when the QB isn’t a legit threat. It’s the sad truth, but when JG came in and they ran that triple option looking set, the offense looked so much better. 

^^^THIS^^^ 

Won't work my friend. It ain't 2010. Defenses have caught on to that high school crap.

They even knew he was going to run and couldn't stop him. Imagine if he mixed in a couple simple pass plays.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I agree.. we will win games this year because of our defense keeping us in it.. the play calling looks so similar to last year. I would like to see him put Our offense in better positions. Play to our strengths.. and run blocking is not a strength. 2 runs up the middle and having 3rd and long is not good for a freshman qb. We will have to get lucky to win 8 games. If this is the game plan they came up with all summer.. man.. it’s going to be bad. 

I agree that the run blocking has been bad, but part of me thinks the main problem is that we run it right up the middle every play. If they’d throw a stretch, toss, pitch, read option, etc in the defense would have to spread out a little. Teams are just cramming the box on us.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?

Yeah there’s no offense to hide at this point. Same crap we’ve been doing since 2010 but without a generational talent at QB and a stud OL. Also, we don’t run the buck sweep anymore and the quarterback doesn’t actually make reads on the run and we don’t do hurry up. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

That's kind of like saying I had a heart attack, but I lived through it

Can't argue with that. Sad, but true. :(

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Why is anyone surprised by our offensive output. I mean, really. Why? 

Some here are still surprised when a stove burns them lol

Archived