superbooster may pursue Bob Stoops

aubiefifty

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

I wanted Leach years ago but age and seasoning has made me reconsider. His defenses are generally not good, which you need to win in SEC. Though he is a great passing game coordinator, his teams are finesse and that usually costs them a game or so a year. I'll pass. 

It does not have to be Leach. I just want to have fun watching AU football again man. IT HAS NOT BEEN FUN since 2014 watching these offenses play! lol.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's the difference in the end?

If Gus would hire the next Lincoln Riley and let him do his job, we'd be Clemson. 

A Riley type with Steele still running the defense would be so fun.

19 hours ago, wde21 said:

I wish I had kept a record of how many “ controversial” articles come out about Auburn the week before a big game if we are doing well. It is all part of the bammer media machine!

Imagine actually thinking Auburn is doing well...

Why would we want him? His recruiting was was dropping at Oklahoma, his defenses were not very good the last few years. Lincoln Riley got the job for a reason not just because Stoops was ready to retire. He obviously wasn’t ready to retire and has said such. He has taken a job coaching in the XFL I wouldn’t think he would be to difficult for any program to get unless he has some ownership interest in the XFL?

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Good question. I just think it is completely crazy to even bring it up at this point in the season. Oh well. Just shocking to see. JABA

Well, you're either spot on or not far off, because I think somebody said earlier in the thread that Melchior has legit chemical imbalances in the brain. 

I agree that it's not a best case scenario, especially the week of our second first biggest game of the season. Maybe some of this uproar will galvanize the program a la Jetgate?? And hey, last time it gave Gus financial security for life and a November to remember. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, you're either spot on or not far off, because I think somebody said earlier in the thread that Melchior has legit chemical imbalances in the brain. 

I agree that it's not a best case scenario, especially the week of our second first biggest game of the season. Maybe some of this uproar will galvanize the program a la Jetgate?? And hey, last time it gave Gus financial security for life and a November to remember. 

LOL. It is border line embarrassing. This isn't just being talked about on this forum. I guess that is what bothers me so much. This could really have a an impact....hopefully positive.

does gus pretty much get along with all the folks at auburn that he worked with and including the power guys with all the money? i understand folks want his record to be better. i am willing to bet he does as well. i like gus but i try to be loyal to all auburn coaches so i do not consider myself a sunshine pumper by being loyal. back in the day it used to be the norm for auburn fans or at least i remember it that way but i admit my memory sux bad. but what if after all this time with the highs and lows what if gus is finally going to turn the corner? he always seems to be close but there is always one part of his game that seems to be lacking. but he sure beat the crap out of ga and bama two years ago and not many folks are beating either. so putting personal preferences aside do we give gus that chance or has it been long enough. i cannot imagine if gus was let go and went somewhere else and started beating the brakes off folks. that would just be auburns luck.

and i saw where some folks think this thread should be deleted. personally i think there is some truth in what the cat said. i do not trust certain folks at auburn after jetgate and best i remember they lied their behinds off until the truth got out. i posted this so aufam would know what was going on and certainly not to make my beloved auburn look bad. i believe in democracy so if more people say can it than keep it i will happily do so. i have hnever heard ofsports by brooks or whomever. but now it has gotten to the point where very few people claim any news source is not biased against auburn. so many i cannot in fact keep up. so do i just quit posting articles period? i am no puter whiz as i have to copy and paste most of the time and sometimes in sections so it is a pain. i am not asking for sympathy i am just being honest. i would be the last cat in the world wanting to hurt auburn trying to keep my fellow posters in reading material.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Meh. I’d rather have Josh Heupel or Michael Locksley. Though, Locksley pooping the bed last week kind of scared me.

I rather NOT hire the guy with a 5-32 overall career head coaching record. People are so snowed by how he did at Bama last year. That was his first year EVER calling plays and Dan Enos was the real genius behind that passing attack. Not Locksley.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Heupel is/has been my first choice for an offensive minded coach.

I think he’s my first choice too. The guy knows how to win and put up tons of points.

10 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Is SportsbyBrooks auburn4ever in disguise?

lol no SportsbyBrooks is a crap journalist who puts out crap garbage like this  he spared no expanse at downgrading our Tigerettes a few years back basically calling them "hookers" the guy is a  crap journalist and a troll

35 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Is he the one from UCF that followed up on what Scott Frost started?

Followed and improved

Archived