superbooster may pursue Bob Stoops

aubiefifty

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

first, to take your comments from last to first:

1. This 3-0 start is nothing new for Gus. It means nothing, if you can't be competitive in your own division.  Gus has only 2 times lost less than 3 games in the SEC. Losing 3 games (4 out of 6 yrs) or more gives you no chance to get to the SECC.

2.  I agree, that unless a current HC jumps out front as a hot commodity, then anyone we hire is a unknown commodity. 

3. What makes you think we are 'looking' like we are headed to a 9-3 finish? I think we are still very shaky getting to 9 wins. Gus' track record is so inconsistent, until we have played through Oct, then we will know. 

4. Looking at Stoops requires some thinking. We would be getting a coach who will be 60 yrs old, if he comes back. And will he want to go head to head in the SEC w/ Ga, AL and LSU? I don't think so.  And how long would he stay, and then we are back to finding a new coach in 4-5 years...

1. Oh, trust me, I'm in the get Gus gone bus. But the decision won't be made at a time where he's (3-0). I think we win out until an embarrassing LSU loss and we could reasonably finish (9-3) which would keep him here.

2. Yup! lol

3. True, like everyone else I can't be sure but looking at the matchups it is rather possible. Texas A&M is a rather possible win (I'm leaning towards yes), Florida is overhyped and down a starting quarterback, LSU claps us, Moo State/Ole Miss/Arky are all awful, Georgia and Bama clap us. Barring another Tennessee brain-fart type game we should finish (9-3) imo. We could finish way worse with losses to TAMU and Florida putting us at 5 losses. We'll know a lot more after this week.

4. Exactly why I'm against Stoops and suggesting younger options. Dabo and Kirby are here to stay (honestly coach O is 58 and will likely be around a while too so long as they're winning). We need someone younger with promise.

Well if it was happening, it won't now.  Reporters for Auburn are like evil villains.  They explain the plan to everyone before proceeding and wonder why it doesn't happen lol. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well if it was happening, it won't now.  Reporters for Auburn are like evil villains.  They explain the plan to everyone before proceeding and wonder why it doesn't happen lol. 

This. If anyone ever sees a beat writer position then hit your boy up.

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

This 3-0 start is nothing new for Gus. It means nothing, if you can't be competitive in your own division

It actually means thus far this year....We are batting 1.000, We are undefeated. We have a perfect record thus far. We couldn't have better results than we have so far. 

Now, I am not naive to misinterpret the point of what you are saying nor am I willing to dismiss the point I am making which is....If we wanted to fire him we should have done so last year. Until results come in that we are not satisfied with this year, there is no reason for anybody to be talking about any potential coach at a University or Booster level. All it does is hamstring recruiting, and possibly the season. We need to either fire Gus and bring someone  in....or Shut TH up and get behind our team, which at this point includes the HC Gus Malzahn. 

PS> There is some anger in my post. I hope you do not take it directed at you. It is not intended that way.

this is Garbage.......no one has heard from this guy in 10 years and now he has the scoop......BS

isn't funny that ever year Auburn Football starts the year off strong and they have some momentum going an article like this comes out.........mmmmmmm

we all know where this BS story came from........

my problem is the Auburn beat writers that publish this BS......I would fire every one of them.................

5 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The yella fella needs to shut up. When Auburn needs his opinion I am sure they will ask him. Hopefully they won't.

i still get pissed when i see rane man trying to argue with tubs over a call or something of that nature on national tele. that was a very bad look for auburn. if this new stuff is true they need to come down on him. it is one thing to fire gus for a bad season but to be undefeated and rane  backstabbing him before he might fall short is classless......

9 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The yella fella needs to shut up. When Auburn needs his opinion I am sure they will ask him. Hopefully they won't.

Agreed, I bet he just googled "college football coaches records" and looked for the guy who is most available.

i wonder if wde knows if this is real or not? if rane said it he might get in some trouble behind the scenes but i doubt they would come out and admit rane said it. they would let it die. if he did not say it then it should be addressed and auburn should put out a statement saying they fully support gus at this time.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3. True, like everyone else I can't be sure but looking at the matchups it is rather possible. Texas A&M is a rather possible win (I'm leaning towards yes), Florida is overhyped and down a starting quarterback, LSU claps us, Moo State/Ole Miss/Arky are all awful, Georgia and Bama clap us. Barring another Tennessee brain-fart type game we should finish (9-3) imo. We could finish way worse with losses to TAMU and Florida putting us at 5 losses. We'll know a lot more after this week.

I think 9-3 is pretty realistic, but I also see a path to better. (please do not misinterpret this for me making a prediction) 

Texas A & M- I think it's a toss up but we win. If we win it could propel this team forward in a massive way. Injuries will be a HUGE factor on how the rest of season plays out

UF-I think we win. I think UF was already way overrated. 

LSU-Their Offense has looked out of this world, but against a Big 12 Defense, and some cupcakes. They havent ran the ball great and their Defense has not looked great either. I actually think due to their Defense being down we have a chance

UGA- I think unless something changes they may mop us.

Bama- I see a path to beating Bama. They have some flaws on their OFF and DEF lines. OFF line hasnt looked great and Tua doesn't play great when he gets pressured heavily. They also have alot of injuries and youth on Defense. I think depending on how the season goes between now and then will be a huge factor but Bama doesn't look or feel invincible as in years past. 

I think you really hit the nail on the head when you said "We'll know a lot more after this week."

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

LSU-Their Offense has looked out of this world, but against a Big 12 Defense, and some cupcakes. They havent ran the ball great and their Defense has not looked great either. I actually think due to their Defense being down we have a chance

I agree with 99% of your post and I mostly agree with this bit about LSU. My concern is our history in Death Valley hasn't been great and with a true freshman I'm not comfortable with that game. If we win against them I'll be floored and pleased. Coach O really showed his butt last year when the refs handed them the game and it's made me hungry to crush them lol.

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Whether it's true or not it's embarrassing that this comes out at this point of the season. 

It's terrible that it's out there. Who's interests are served by creating controversy during Auburn's early football season?  

All this talk about firing Gus needs to stop until after December. It's been discussed on every game broadcast more than once. It does not help the team at all and it makes Auburn look bad. Lately Auburn fans have been their own worst enemy. This constant griping just gives the lazy media something to spin, and they will use it to make a nice drama that can be strung out for the entire season. 

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I agree with 99% of your post and I mostly agree with this bit about LSU. My concern is our history in Death Valley hasn't been great and with a true freshman I'm not comfortable with that game. If we win against them I'll be floored and pleased. Coach O really showed his butt last year when the refs handed them the game and it's made me hungry to crush them lol.

I am not comfortable ever playing in DV...LOL, but I am just stating non-biased observations from what I have seen. I do not think LSU nor anybody else looks invincible thus far. Even Clemson has shown flaw. Now ...Don't take that as me saying We are running the table. We need our best game every week and then some plus a lot of lucky bounces for a remote chance of that. 

57 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

embarrassing?....more like encouraging!

The timing is embarrassing but maybe that's just me. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Whether it's true or not it's embarrassing that this comes out at this point of the season. 

Sorry for saying this but Big Yella Fella is the biggest behind the scenes problem at Auburn.......has been for years in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This. I saw this late last night and refused to post anything about it. Also, I think we can do better than Bob Stoops. I think he is a good coach but I don't think he would light it up in the SEC. I don't know who I would want...because as of now WE HAVE A COACH AND WE ARE 3-0. I honestly think people from Bama are paying for this crap to come out. 

It may be old news resurfacing but I'd really like the season to play out first before these flames get fanned. I don't know who I'd want either but the position is filled right now anyway. 

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Sorry for saying this but Big Yella Fella is the biggest behind the scenes problem at Auburn.......has been for years in my opinion.

It's rare when the ego doesn't grow with the bank account of a person. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It may be old news resurfacing but I'd really like the season to play out first before these flames get fanned. I don't know who I'd want either but the position is filled right now anyway. 

Same here my friend. 

This appears to be nothing but a rumor.  Personally I wouldn't have posted this, just because remember how dumb we all looked freaking out over Josh Moon's tweets?  It is just setting us up for that.  And also isn't the timing of these Twitter posts odd to anyone else?  Whenever Auburn has momentum these start to come out of the woodwork.  I would just delete this entirely.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Definitely a bad look by Rane but also poor writing by a few sources. Man I'd love to write about Auburn for 247 or another source but the positions are rarely open.

The HC position isn't open either but it doesn't seem to be important. Just get a story out there that you are taking the position at 247 and we'll back you. :)

10 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Appears to be nothing more to me than the bama-media trying to stir pots and get distractions on a team that is 3-0 & going into a very tough game on Sat.

And perhaps divert attention from Saban being quoted yesterday saying if he could change anything in his professional career, he'd have never left LSU.  That had to hurt the Bama faithful.

Archived