Gus apologists

ChltteTiger

5 hours ago, keesler said:

When those two are posting in here, the board gets educated

There are quite a few coaches that don't want to be outed that post really good things that people scoff and ridicule. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

There are quite a few coaches that don't want to be outed that post really good things that people scoff and ridicule. 

My problem is not info or technical stuff or technique.  I am ok hearing Stat telling me where we failed. 
My problem is a individual or site which advocates the detriment of Auburn University.  That includes the age old whine sometimes you have to shoot your own for the betterment of all.  
You speak of hating my coach and I have a problem.  You speak of desiring his failure and I have a problem.  I hate bammerism 

I love Auburn and what it stands for.  These kids -  I would have done anything to have been good enough to play baseball at a SEC level and wore the AU on my back.  But I wasn’t. So I went J C.  

7 hours ago, bg5 said:

Not a Gus apologist and I am certainly not going to give any reasons why I think Gus can turn it around so people on this board can bash me but I will say that this constant drum beat to fire Gus is really getting old. The powers that be will make the decision that they think best once the season is over. People say they want better recruiting but all the can do is bash the coach which hurts recruiting. Every week there are thread after thread saying the same thing. Give it a rest already. What happens will happen. Nothing said on this board is going to make one bit of difference one way or the other as to whether Gus stay's or goes. I can give you Pro's and Con's either way. For most people their minds are made up on the message boards and yes I know if I don't like it I don't have to read it. All I'm saying is that for nearly 4 years now this same post comes out week after week in some form and it's just old.   

The fanbase feels the same way about Gus offense for the last 4yrs week after week, I cannot even think of player that was fun to watch but kj. I love Auburn so much but it hurts & no fun to watch us lose to who’s who of college football wen we have the better roster 

39 minutes ago, lost said:

Debacle?  What game were you watching?  Unfortunately they get to play 11 on the other side to

The game that Auburn lost its chance at going to the SECCG in December.

We are not going to buy out Gus' contract this year so my solution is force Gus' hand.  Fire his entire offensive staff for him and hire a new staff for him.  Hire a real qualified OC and take the play calling duties away from Gus.   Is this a good solution.  No it's not but it is still a lot better than having Gus in charge.  It will be for only a few years until we can fire without paying for it.  In addition, we will find out what kind of coach he really thinks he is.  There is not a good coach in the world that would stay under those conditions.  So if he stays we know what kind of coach he thinks he is.

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

We are not going to buy out Gus' contract this year so my solution is force Gus' hand.  Fire his entire offensive staff for him and hire a new staff for him.  Hire a real qualified OC and take the play calling duties away from Gus.   Is this a good solution.  No it's not but it is still a lot better than having Gus in charge.  It will be for only a few years until we can fire without paying for it.  In addition, we will find out what kind of coach he really thinks he is.  There is not a good coach in the world that would stay under those conditions.  So if he stays we know what kind of coach he thinks he is.

Have you read my mind? Leashes need to tighten when self-directed freedom fails. Before someone says no "next coach" would come to a university who grabbed the reins so tightly, I'd say, "Coach/lead/mentor by how you handle things in a way so they don't have to." National eyes are on Auburn for the LACK of oversight, too. 

The problem with the buyout is that as far as we know, no conditions for quality were included. One-sided to a T. So it behooves Auburn to use whatever leverage it will to ripen the conditions for better measures of improvement. 

52 minutes ago, lost said:

Debacle?  What game were you watching?  Unfortunately they get to play 11 on the other side to

Yup...this is the problem.  To expect that this was going to be a championship team is completely insane.  Trying to deal in logic with folks who are delusional is insane as well.  Only idiots have idiotic expectations.  

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Who that is a really good and proven good OC/offensive assistant would come here under a  lame duck situation?? Nobody.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who that is a really good and proven good OC/offensive assistant would come here under a  lame duck situation?? Nobody.

Good point, but maybe someone who, like the coaches of "cupcake teams" (fewer and fewer these days, truly) who schedule powerhouses who might want a national platform to shine a skillset for a future goldmine opportunity?

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yup...this is the problem.  To expect that this was going to be a championship team is completely insane.  Trying to deal in logic with folks who are delusional is insane as well.  Only idiots have idiotic expectations.  

Are you calling our players insane?  I guarantee those players where playing for a championship this year and it was one of their goals.  You know *ride for the brand* and all that.  The LSU game was a winnable game and we would still be in the mix, not now and that is going to hurt the team.

You might want to check yourself.  Love this team, the coach, not so much.

1 hour ago, lost said:

My problem is not info or technical stuff or technique.  I am ok hearing Stat telling me where we failed. 
My problem is a individual or site which advocates the detriment of Auburn University.  That includes the age old whine sometimes you have to shoot your own for the betterment of all.  
You speak of hating my coach and I have a problem.  You speak of desiring his failure and I have a problem.  I hate bammerism 

I love Auburn and what it stands for.  These kids -  I would have done anything to have been good enough to play baseball at a SEC level and wore the AU on my back.  But I wasn’t. So I went J C.  

But if you speak on your coach doing things to lead to his own failure you shouldn't have a problem at all

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Actually, both can be true at the same time.

I have had enough for one day. I finally decided that Gus Malzahn has ruined the day for the last time. It is what it is and will not change as long as he is here. Football is just not important to me anymore because like it not, his high school harry ass ain't going anywhere any time soon, and I am tired of seeing the same stuff over and over. Wasted talent, teachers pets, poor fundamentals, pathetic playcalls, piss poor schemes, inability to adjust and on and on. I am not wasting any more of my life concerned with Gus Malzahn and his self-serving desire to put himself before AU and the fans. Hiring a staff full of "yes men" to bolster his your ego to try to hide insecurity does not make you a college football coach nor does it help the fact that you get out-coached almost on a weekly basis. No point in getting bent out shape anymore. Really does not make any difference anyway

On 10/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, DAG said:

Flex is legendary , knowledgeable and has credentials to back it. I truly respect his analysis . 

I agree 100% and it pisses me off to know he left the board.  I don’t freaking Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.  so if he leaves for good that’s it for me.  I love that guy.

Like Bird said earlier, there are some very knowledgeable Coaches that post here and they get ridiculed and shunned when they bring the facts that people don’t want to hear.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I wish I could show some things in my inbox....it's a shame how some can't post because they know they will be attacked by people.....coincidentally it seems that the people that coach and really know the game rarely disagree and they don't ever go back and forth with each other.....have you noticed that? 

36 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

So exactly what year are we to expect a championship team again?? 2025, 2030?  I’m just wondering since apparently a coach in his 7th year is not supposed to win a title. 

39 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Oh, and who exactly said we should win the championship this year??? I didn’t have those expectations. I simply expect an offense that looks like a college team and not the local pee wee group...the bad ones...

The expectation of a coach in his 7th year should be more than watching this idiot try to run stupid plays and misuse personnel for the 180th time. 

Oh, and maybe you should change your name to “We’re the Ok but not great of Dixieland” 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I appreciate what many of you guys bring here. And it’s sad to see some top self posters walk away feeling like their contributions here aren’t valued while we see others whining about trivial crap some idiotic “drive by” posters threw out in the heat of the game.  

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wish I could show some things in my inbox....it's a shame how some can't post because they know they will be attacked by people.....coincidentally it seems that the people that coach and really know the game rarely disagree and they don't ever go back and forth with each other.....have you noticed that? 

There's no reason to.

I expect, with our offensive genius, to score at least once per quarter and maybe the occasional consecutive 1st downs. That shouldn't be hard with the talent we have.

49 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who said it would be a lame duck situation if he has a chance to be head coach.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I expect, with our offensive genius, to score at least once per quarter and maybe the occasional consecutive 1st downs. That shouldn't be hard with the talent we have.

I kinda feel like you have really taken the gloves off lately bird...😂

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Really? I've been trying to be more subtle in my delivery lately. I guess after another good week of practice I'll be ready.

7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I've been rubbing off on him, next I'm going to try to give @augolf1716 a sense of humor!

Archived