Gus apologists

ChltteTiger

As long as Gus is coaching, our whole team will be playing behind the 8 ball. That will never change. It's all about Gus and his inept way of coaching.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

this makes me sad

And to think Orgeron was nearly blackballed at big time schools for inept coaching. LSU fans hated him at first. Took him many years but seems he has arrived. Kudos to him

I like Gus Malzahn as a man and respect him. I do not describe myself as a Gus "apologist" but I once believed that he had the ability to move Auburn to the next level and keep them there. I have now realized my belief was only wishful thinking. I see now that our head coach who once was described as an "offensive guru" has let the game pass him by. His HUNH style is dead and he has no answers to the adjustments that modern day defensive coordinators throw at him. This season he has wasted a top 5 defense busting its tail game after game despite his inconsistent offensive schemes. This reminds me of the late 70's and early 80's when defenses figured out how to stop the wishbone offense. Some older head coaches clung to the wishbone and were forced to change or be fired. Even Pat Dye was forced to scrap that offense at AU. Gus apparently is unable or unwilling to change. I hate to say it because I like the man and have defended him in the past, but enough is enough. He simply cannot win the big games consistently and I see no evidence that he ever will be able to. I appreciate his run as an OC in 2010 that helped win us a Natty and i appreciate his efforts in the 2013 season as head coach when we came within an eyelash of winning another. Unfortunately those days are gone and IMHO Gus cannot bring them back. It is time for Auburn to part ways with Coach Malzahn and bring in someone who can elevate Auburn to become a consistently elite SEC program.

10 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

You have a very selective memory my friend. I’ve taken as much as I’ve given from those two and watched them rail on others that disagree with them. Mikey gets real quiet after a game like this but he’ll pop back up in a day or so and call out all those who disagree with him. This aint a one way street here as much as you wanna paint it that way. 64 and mikey can be huge jackasses too and plenty of folks on here will back me up on that Im sure. I understand you probably aren’t happy with Gus and are just being loyal. But they question everyone’s loyalty constantly just by saying one negative thing about Gus. I’m negative because I’ve watched this same sh## show for most of the last 6 seasons. If mikey and 64 enjoy this type of ball then more power to them.

if 64 and mikey are calling names then i have to apologize. i never saw it to be honest and i always try to be fair in my thinking. i would never call you out and give them a free pass. and i am being sincere. i try to scroll past the negative stuff so i understand i miss stuff. while i believe anyone has the right to return fire i can see where certain comments can fire up anyone. it just adds to all the other negative stuff. and while i am being honest if i feel i am attacked or called out regardless if by name or by group i am probably going to give it right back although i usually let it build a while. so i am far from perfect. but i chose to give some the benefit of the doubt and it seems i was wrong. bird would never lie. thus the apology. and believe it or not i was really trying to be mostly nice. i promise i can get so cross eyed over stuff people would be shocked. my bad side is ugly. look it is ok to say well gus failed again. but the i hate gus.he picks his nose and eats it. or he has man hooters.or i hate gus and his sweater vest. and that is some of the calmer stuff. at the end of the day except for some juveniles it is just not classy and has nothing to do with coaching. yesterday one cat stated he loved auburn but he hoped we lose the rest of our games to get rid of gus. i am just not made that way. i would never throw the team under the bus. and i refuse to knowingly give our enemies things to laugh about. i am trying to make my case but rambling so i will quit. but again i do apologize for calling you out when you have been attacked.

Wins and loses are the bottom line and I completely understand and agree with this sentiment.  However, I am more of a “how does the team look and play kinda person”.   The product that is put out on the field on offense this season is down right ugly.   The stat line for the QB yesterday was something like 15-35, 165 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, 2 intentional grounding penalties.    There were a couple of drops but for the majority of passes they weren’t even catchable.    I’m sorry but that is not the stat line of a quality starting QB of a top 10 ranked team.   

There are several plays throughout this year that completely changes the outcome of a season and in years past have gone AU’s way.   I don’t have to mention them because everyone that follows AU football knows them.   Here are some of the plays this year that shows it’s not our year.  

1.  Derrick Brown’s fumble recovery and stumbling over his own feet when a touchdown was in clear sight 

2.  DJ Williams running out of bounds for no particular reason enroute to a touchdown.  A defender was closing on him, but why run out of bounds?

I knew after the DB stumble and fall it’s not our year.   Sprinkle in the horrible OL play and poor QB play, winning the close games are not going to happen 

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if 64 and mikey are calling names then i have to apologize. i never saw it to be honest and i always try to be fair in my thinking. i would never call you out and give them a free pass. and i am being sincere. i try to scroll past the negative stuff so i understand i miss stuff. while i believe anyone has the right to return fire i can see where certain comments can fire up anyone. it just adds to all the other negative stuff. and while i am being honest if i feel i am attacked or called out regardless if by name or by group i am probably going to give it right back although i usually let it build a while. so i am far from perfect. but i chose to give some the benefit of the doubt and it seems i was wrong. bird would never lie. thus the apology. and believe it or not i was really trying to be mostly nice. i promise i can get so cross eyed over stuff people would be shocked. my bad side is ugly. look it is ok to say well gus failed again. but the i hate gus.he picks his nose and eats it. or he has man hooters.or i hate gus and his sweater vest. and that is some of the calmer stuff. at the end of the day except for some juveniles it is just not classy and has nothing to do with coaching. yesterday one cat stated he loved auburn but he hoped we lose the rest of our games to get rid of gus. i am just not made that way. i would never throw the team under the bus. and i refuse to knowingly give our enemies things to laugh about. i am trying to make my case but rambling so i will quit. but again i do apologize for calling you out when you have been attacked.

its all good. I know I can be a jack ass. A lot... Im just going to stop responding to them. I made that mistake again this morning. It doesn’t do any of us any good. I respect you for your candor and honesty. I have no trouble admitting if I’m wrong and if two years from now Gus has proven me wrong I will stand up and own it. I doubt we’ll ever see mikey or 64 do the same.

10 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I'm not going to point to anyone's conduct but if semantics matter more than the objective realities and the people affected by those objective realities then we have a huge issue as a PEOPLE. 

Objective fact:
Auburn's Players are wasting a year because Gus wants to play politics. 

Objective fact: 
Today's game and many of Gus' Tenure have been lost as a result of his stubborn bullheadedness and Obsequiousness to his "System"

Objective Fact:
We had a very real chance to win this game if Gus would have just swallowed his pride and changed some players around.

How I say this doesn't change the facts and it DEFINITELY doesn't make any difference in what happened. What it can do is belie those points and completely water down reality with sugary language for no purpose. 

sorry but are you not the person that started the thread about how auburn coaches screwed joey? that is not very objective to me. it was in such bad taste it seems to have been deleted. joey chose to stay. he even chose to address that a week or two to go saying he was all in. so while you seem like a nice guy i do believe your personal feelings still cloud the facts. show me a link where what you claim is true. and i am not sure how football players are wasting their time when they chose to be there. also from all i have heard or read is that the players love gus. so maybe we all need to be more objective. and i do not mean this as mean or starting anything. i am just addressing your comments made to me which is fair.

I have a genuine question for everyone railing on the sunshine pumpers: Most of you projected is to lose by double digits.  Since we lost by 3 points, we outperformed your expectations.  Why are you so bent out of shape?  Yes it was winnable, but we still did better than you thought.  

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I told you about that a while ago.....

5 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

its all good. I know I can be a jack ass. A lot... Im just going to stop responding to them. I made that mistake again this morning. It doesn’t do any of us any good. I respect you for your candor and honesty. I have no trouble admitting if I’m wrong and if two years from now Gus has proven me wrong I will stand up and own it. I doubt we’ll ever see mikey or 64 do the same.

yes i saw the drinking comment. hell i bet most of the board drinks during the games. i smoke. we all get lit and sometimes our comments can be more abrasive than normal. but to be honest i will admit i would not be upset if we make a coaching change. i am just not going to trash a good man personally. i can guarantee you the man wants to win as bad as the rest of us. i think he wants to be loved by the auburn family. he is just failing and when he leaves auburn it will be with a broken heart. so i will keep pulling for him until the next guy is hired.

The thing about it is....who ever just abuse pumpers? At most some people talk about certain guys by name and then the "pumpers" come and group all. 

Call out names, who constantly go after "pumpers"? The reason this keep going back and forth nobody is vetting out facts and what are opinions

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i saw the drinking comment. hell i bet most of the board drinks during the games. i smoke. we all get lit and sometimes our comments can be more abrasive than normal. but to be honest i will admit i would not be upset if we make a coaching change. i am just not going to trash a good man personally. i can guarantee you the man wants to win as bad as the rest of us. i think he wants to be loved by the auburn family. he is just failing and when he leaves auburn it will be with a broken heart. so i will keep pulling for him until the next guy is hired.

I agree and appreciate your sentiment. And again, I freely admit I can be horrible on here and I let my emotions get the better of me. No issue admitting that. And yeah, I would guess at least half this board is lit on a Saturday night win or lose lol. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I told you about that a while ago.....

i missed it cole. i have a bad habit of having three or four windows open at one time and i miss stuff. and nowmy memory is trash in my old age so it is possible i saw it and forgot. but i got it now anyway.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The thing about it is....who ever just abuse pumpers? At most some people talk about certain guys by name and then the "pumpers" come and group all. 

Call out names, who constantly go after "pumpers"? The reason this keep going back and forth nobody is vetting out facts and what are opinions

I’m guilty of calling them out. But usually its in response to seeing them belittle someone for being disloyal to Auburn by criticizing Gus. As I just told fifty, Im guilty as charged of letting emotion and bourbon get the better of me last night. But there are some on here who deserve to be refuted.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I agree and appreciate your sentiment. And again, I freely admit I can be horrible on here and I let my emotions get the better of me. No issue admitting that. And yeah, I would guess at least half this board is lit on a Saturday night win or lose lol. 

be like the dude..........................white russians and a fatty. then you can change into the funnier stuff liek " this travesty will not stand man".  lol

16 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I know you saw this. I said that Bo not being able to hit wr needs to be addressed even though we won.....it's the worst thing I've ever said about him and I don't like using the word attacked because who cares, but had 5 or 6 people come at me easy.....NOBODY came with the why are you acting like this posts.....you had the crow thread....now when somebody says something back to them it's a problem. I can't stand that.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There are a few.  Specifically if you look at who responds to 64 in particular.  Some head hunt the guy.

Even calling them apologists can be derogatory.  To be fair, so is calling others pessimists.  

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i missed it cole. i have a bad habit of having three or four windows open at one time and i miss stuff. and nowmy memory is trash in my old age so it is possible i saw it and forgot. but i got it now anyway.

It was a one on one convo and I told you that I didn't have to lie and you replied that you weren't calling me a liar which you didn't, but I'm just saying we pretty much had the convo that you and bird had but you didn't come to the conclusion well I know he wouldn't lie about it. 

Actually in the convo you let me know somebody said something about hoping someone dies or something like that and I agreed with you as far as that is completely classless

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

There are a few.  Specifically if you look at who responds to 64 in particular.  Some head hunt the guy.

Even calling them apologists can be derogatory.  To be fair, so is calling others pessimists.  

64 is super smart and polite so I think many of you miss it....you have to see the things he says to people as well. Just because he's not as bad as Mikey doesn't mean he doesn't say bad stuff. I say that not to sway you at all, you can like whoever you like and I support you doing so.....dude is far from innocent though. Which we all have come short. My point is you can be snarky when you're right, you can take it when you're wrong. 

9 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m guilty of calling them out. But usually its in response to seeing them belittle someone for being disloyal to Auburn by criticizing Gus. As I just told fifty, Im guilty as charged of letting emotion and bourbon get the better of me last night. But there are some on here who deserve to be refuted.

Well I think you do it right, you call out stuff by name and don't generalize, that's the way to do it. The passive aggressive generalization crap is why this stuff carries on

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

64 is super smart and polite so I think many of you miss it....you have to see the things he says to people as well. Just because he's not as bad as Mikey doesn't mean he doesn't say bad stuff. I say that not to sway you at all, you can like whoever you like and I support you doing so.....dude is far from innocent though. Which we all have come short. My point is you can be snarky when you're right, you can take it when you're wrong. 

I do agree that people can be like that, but from what I have been he does it in defense of himself.  But, when he does, he has a limit on how far he takes it, and never calls anyone out specifically, always to a greater group so no one feels singled out.  And then others do single him out.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I do agree that people can be like that, but from what I have been he does it in defense of himself.  But, when he does, he has a limit on how far he takes it, and never calls anyone out specifically, always to a greater group so no one feels singled out.  And then others do single him out.  

abw I really do respect you but bro you need to watch his posts more closely. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was a one on one convo and I told you that I didn't have to lie and you replied that you weren't calling me a liar which you didn't, but I'm just saying we pretty much had the convo that you and bird had but you didn't come to the conclusion well I know he wouldn't lie about it. 

Actually in the convo you let me know somebody said something about hoping someone dies or something like that and I agreed with you as far as that is completely classless

like i said before cole i have no problem with you and enjoy most of your posts. we actually have a lot in common as some folks think we stalk these pages looking for a fight. and i am not saying that is true. i  think we just take little bull off folks.

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

abw I really do respect you but bro you need to watch his posts more closely. 

I will.  I could be wrong but that is just my impression.  

Archived