Gus apologists

ChltteTiger

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Bro don’t leave the site 

Man we are losing everybody it seems.  First JMR and now flex?  Is STAT still here?  I just hope 23 comes back and starts posting again.  I know he hasn’t left quite yet.  I will be ashamed if we happen to turn Momma Worm away completely too.  This has been a really weird few months on here with how new posters are turning away respected posters.  

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Man we are losing everybody it seems.  First JMR and now flex?  Is STAT still here?  I just hope 23 comes back and starts posting again.  I know he hasn’t left quite yet.  I will be ashamed if we happen to turn Momma Worm away completely too.  This has been a really weird few months on here with how new posters are turning away respected posters.  

Well with jmr and flex are the posters new?

Flex was the most knowledgeable and precise internet forum poster that I ever read on a sports board. If he leaves, and Coach gone, I guess I'll forget football for this year. Basketball season is here, and a couple of  BB forums are going to be heating up. Flex was awesome

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well with jmr and flex are the posters new?

I believe JMR’s person was, or newish

16 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Flex was the most knowledgeable and precise internet forum poster that I ever read on a sports board. If he leaves, and Coach gone, I guess I'll forget football for this year. Basketball season is here, and a couple of  BB forums are going to be heating up. Flex was awesome

Flex is legendary , knowledgeable and has credentials to back it. I truly respect his analysis . 

46 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I believe JMR’s person was, or newish

I want to say I've had words with him a while ago. Maybe he just stopped posting for a while and he came back.

I actually feel that with these last few people that has left it's chickens come home to roost so to speak. I know it's me but it's exactly what I said. Both of those posters offer critique of Bo and they had harsh reactions replied back to them. I tried to point this out but they turned their nose up at the idea.....unfortunately it happened to two of the more knowledgeable posters

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I want to say I've had words with him a while ago. Maybe he just stopped posting for a while and he came back.

I actually feel that with these last few people that has left it's chickens come home to roost so to speak. I know it's me but it's exactly what I said. Both of those posters offer critique of Bo and they had harsh reactions replied back to them. I tried to point this out but they turned their nose up at the idea.....unfortunately it happened to two of the more knowledgeable posters

flex did not say for absolute sure he was leaving. but he was leaning hard to it. and yes i made him mad because i thought he was being unfair about bo. but the kicker was he posted about joey getting screwed by the coaches........not his exact words but similar and one of the mods deleted it.his last huge post was mostly aimed at me he was just being polite i guess and mentioning no names.

19 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Addendum:
Forgot to drop my twitter handle and page. 

image.png

Shameless self plug. Its been real guys. If you like what I do, connect with me on this page. I'm prob gonna deact. this acct after.

All very well said.  See you on Twitter.

So he's 0-3 against Ed O and we're paying him an insane amount.

My fear is he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and beats either UGA or Bama, and we keep him, even though our chances of an SEC Championship are over, when we had one of the best teams in the country.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Case and point... If you have to be so nice that you can't tell the truth or speak about something because its "Disloyal" or "Tearing Down".

This is how you end up with dumpster fires and yes men that ignore the fire.

Image result for everything is fine meme

Man I don't know how I missed this post....story of my life

6 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

My fear is he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and beats either UGA or Bama, and we keep him, even though our chances of an SEC Championship are over, when we had one of the best teams in the country.

Oh he will find that rabbit.  We'll beat UGA & bammer and finish 5th in the regular season.  bammer & LSU will make the playoffs with one loss & rematch for the national title while we lose to Baylor in the Sugar and I ring in the new year by drinking bleach.

I'm certainly not apologizing for Gus and his boneheaded decisions. But almost no one except our most ardent pumpers really thought we could win that game in Tiger Stadium against the No. 1 team and Heisman Trophy favorite no matter who was our coach. We all knew calls and non calls would go against us but we almost pulled it out. However our guys played their hearts out and if Gus had called a decent game and Bo had made a few more plays we win the game going away. But that's hind sight.  I would rather focus on the positives and get behind this team. We have two big ones coming up down the road that are even bigger than the two we blew.  WDE!!!!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, ChltteTiger said:

Give the rest of us (the majority) some reason to think there is hope that Gus will "get it turned around" and challenge in November for the SEC title again next year.

Lets hear it. We are waiting.

Not a Gus apologist and I am certainly not going to give any reasons why I think Gus can turn it around so people on this board can bash me but I will say that this constant drum beat to fire Gus is really getting old. The powers that be will make the decision that they think best once the season is over. People say they want better recruiting but all the can do is bash the coach which hurts recruiting. Every week there are thread after thread saying the same thing. Give it a rest already. What happens will happen. Nothing said on this board is going to make one bit of difference one way or the other as to whether Gus stay's or goes. I can give you Pro's and Con's either way. For most people their minds are made up on the message boards and yes I know if I don't like it I don't have to read it. All I'm saying is that for nearly 4 years now this same post comes out week after week in some form and it's just old.   

39 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

So your fear is that Gus does what everyone has been complaining that they want him to do more of? I personally hope he win's them both and makes it a really hard decision. I would never fear that Auburn would lose a game for any reason. We should be fan's of the team not enemy's of the coach. I get what your saying but let's always want to win no matter what the consequences are. 

14 minutes ago, bg5 said:

fire Gus

Nobody wants him fired unless he refusing to see,admit and fix the damn problem. He is the problem! His stubborn arrogant,prideful selfish personality is what is holding him back, an unwillingness to hire a real COLLEGE offensive coordinator and then step out the way. He won't do that because he is insecure about being in the position he's in.

He connived his way into the job at Ark with the Springdale 5 and did not work his way up like other coaches do. Unless he does a reset on his entire mental approach, might as well fire him

On 10/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, bigbird said:

If we lose because we're beaten fine. If we lose because we can't do anything on offense after our D balls out and look just as inept as always, then...

BINGO! The problem is that so many of our losses against our rivals are traced back to this issue. Multiple losses against Clemson, LSU and UGA. In many of those games, if our offense is simply average...we win. That's the hardest part for me to swallow with those games. 

I have been here a good while-- a good while--  Even just wrote how good this site was.  But  I must join the collective few and and disagree with the majority on this board.

As the LSU/AU thoughts were pinned on here, very few gave us a chance to win.  And logically it was because of what we knew.  At Baton Rouge where we had not fared well, against the strongest LSU team maybe yet--- with a freshman qb and an inept offense.  Well it came true, and suddenly you all fell apart.....  Instead of praising the best defensive stand , and plan  It fell apart in here....and except for a interception at half.... AUBURN GAVE THEMSELVES A GREAT CHANCE TO WIN.  oH, i KNOW...  15-35 and many misses.... But,  This team is way disappointed than you are.....  Come on, THEY DO READ THESE BOARDS....

It's all about Gus in your minds, It's all about AUBURN IN mine.  I am so disappointed.  Gosh i am.   This is our year, next year all these great seniors will be gone and it will be back to the starting line.  But come on....  I had a great post, and it got kicked out of here BY A DISAPPOINTED INDIVIDUAL, who would not give me the same opportunity to express my grief--- MY WAY

I MAY FOLLOW OTHERS OUT THE DOOR.  We have the Creed, and it speaks of something greater than us....  Auburn

War Eagle

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

I think he stays even if we lose to UGA & Bama. Especially if we keep one of those games close (most likely the UGA game) but still lose....he's staying IMO. I think he'll be fired mid-season or after the Bama game next season. Next year is going to be a rebuilding year all around. I wish we could cut bait after the season but an 8-4 record going into a bowl game (which we'll likely lose) will be enough to save him unfortunately. It's just delaying the inevitable IMO but that will likely give us time to research and target the next coach and of course the buyout is lower.

19 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That right there is a massive loss to this board.  I absolutely love Flex, he is a wonderful writer and he has a way of simplifying and breaking down a football game into small bits and pieces while offering alternative options to correct deficiencies he sees on the field.  I'll miss JMR's breakdown so much.

When those two are posting in here, the board gets educated without all the sensitivity, the "hurt feelings" and opinions are left out of the conversation.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

We should be fan's of the team not enemy's of the coach

Actually, both can be true at the same time.

As much as I want Gus to go I am not going to root for AU to lose more games this year, although beating GA & Bama in 2017 obviously saved Gus and got him his new contract. I remember when we expected to beat GA & Bama.

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Actually, both can be true at the same time.

Not the way people are doing it on here. Somebody actually said their fear was that we won because it might save Gus's job. That's pretty strong.

9 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Not the way people are doing it on here. Somebody actually said their fear was that we won because it might save Gus's job. That's pretty strong.

Emotions are running high after the debacle in Red Stick.  It was the end of a possible championship season.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Emotions are running high after the debacle in Red Stick.  It was the end of a possible championship season.

Debacle?  What game were you watching?  Unfortunately they get to play 11 on the other side to

Archived