I want Mario Cristobal

SKIPPER_01

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i have a question for the board? many would take urbie in a heartbeat at auburn. do we really want to take chance of turning our beloved auburn  into thug u like urb did florida to win two or three or more games a year? not this geezer. rape, assault, robbery, and all kinds of crap went on down there and was becoming the norm. i would be freaking horrified. but i would take cristobal. he is a great coach. and on another site it was stated he told a writer { i think } he would take the auburn job in a heartbeat

Auburn isn't realistically getting Urban Meyer.

I'd love to see the quote from Mario and see how long ago he said he'd come to AU in a heartbeat.  He's currently coaching championship contending team at Oregon, he's recruiting better than Auburn, and has the best facilities money can buy.  All things considered, I think he'd have a hard time leaving that situation right now today if AU needed a HC immediately like FSU or Arkansas.  

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'd love to see the quote from Mario and see how long ago he said he'd come to AU in a heartbeat.  He's currently coaching championship contending team at Oregon, he's recruiting better than Auburn, and has the best facilities money can buy.  All things considered, I think he'd have a hard time leaving that situation right now today if AU needed a HC immediately like FSU or Arkansas.  

it was a tweet posted on the rant. it was a week or two ago but i cannot remember if it was the open board or auburns team board.  i apologize for the bad memory but i can say it was not just a rumor posted from joe blow. maybe you know a poster or two over there that might can help?

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

He said it within the last year.

He's not currently recruiting better than Auburn. He got a first year bump last year but currently sits numerous spots behind us, with 1 more commitment, with a better season, and with far less controversy. Oregon can't recruit like we can year in, year out. 

He's got an easy path to the playoffs, but very little chance of winning once there. Maybe that's good enough for him. But if it's not, he'll answer the phone when we call. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He said it within the last year.

He's not currently recruiting better than Auburn. He got a first year bump last year but currently sits numerous spots behind us, with 1 more commitment, with a better season, and with far less controversy. Oregon can't recruit like we can year in, year out. 

He's got an easy path to the playoffs, but very little chance of winning once there. Maybe that's good enough for him. But if it's not, he'll answer the phone when we call. 

mac i need to hire you to keep my behind out of the fire so to speak. do you accept contraband goods? it is legal in some states now..............lol

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

mac i need to hire you to keep my behind out of the fire so to speak. do you accept contraband goods? it is legal in some states now..............lol

I *only* accept contraband goods. 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, I_M4_AU said:

After reading your rebuttals to the *fire Gus* crowd, it seems you have a very low opinion of Auburn as you believe a lot of the candidates would not even entertain the prospect of becoming the HC at Auburn.  Is this true?

I would agree with that statement about candidates entertaining the Auburn job. People are listing candidates that have been allowed to build their programs the way they see fit.

Our PTB's have demonstrated for decades to be some of the most meddling in the nation in regards to our football program. Even to the extent of almost costing us our accreditation. So while I don't have a low opinion of Auburn I do not have an extreme amount of confidence in the people that football coaches at Auburn work for or will have to answer to.

Hell I am in one of those situations now. Current job was great across the board and a couple changes in upper level management now have me sending out the resume's.

9 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I would agree with that statement about candidates entertaining the Auburn job. People are listing candidates that have been allowed to build their programs the way they see fit.

Our PTB's have demonstrated for decades to be some of the most meddling in the nation in regards to our football program. Even to the extent of almost costing us our accreditation. So while I don't have a low opinion of Auburn I do not have an extreme amount of confidence in the people that football coaches at Auburn work for or will have to answer to.

Hell I am in one of those situations now. Current job was great across the board and a couple changes in upper level management now have me sending out the resume's.

Texan, please keep us posted on your job possibilities. Hate that, but definitely get it. Two years ago, the same situation landed me in a different school system after 12 years in the former, with a different grade, different leadership style, different growth mindset, and definitely different culture. Every commuting mile is absolutely worth it. Blessed.

Do you have a greater confidence with a different AD, a blossoming basketball program, and rumors of waning Harbert influence? Just wondering if the chips might fall more favorably this time. 

15 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

It is speculation that people that ones listed have been allowed to build their own programs the way they see fit.  Everybody has a boss and guidelines.   It’s one of the reasons I like P. J. Fleck, he can change a culture by working within the guidelines.

Life is a gamble, you have to believe in yourself.  Good luck job hunting.

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is speculation that people that ones listed have been allowed to build their own programs the way they see fit.  Everybody has a boss and guidelines.   It’s one of the reasons I like P. J. Fleck, he can change a culture by working within the guidelines.

Powerful...and true. Watching Coach Pearl do it sets a great precedent. 

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Texan, please keep us posted on your job possibilities. Hate that, but definitely get it. Two years ago, the same situation landed me in a different school system after 12 years in the former, with a different grade, different leadership style, different growth mindset, and definitely different culture. Every commuting mile is absolutely worth it. Blessed.

Do you have a greater confidence with a different AD, a blossoming basketball program, and rumors of waning Harbert influence? Just wondering if the chips might fall more favorably this time. 

I am hoping to shorten my commute now lol. The commute before was worth it, hopefully I fill find the new fit like you did.

I will have confidence when Auburn actually demonstrates it can change (much like most say with Gus). Football has always been the important sport so I don't think basketball success influences that much.

A good start for me would be tomorrow they announce Gus will be here one more year and the department will work on changes or they thank him for his time and fire him. I don't see how the Alabama game (especially without Tua) will make a difference in their decision.

Lol though maybe Tom Herman will be available, the woman that left to buy groceries for dinner is ready to can him!

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It's my understanding that was a big factor for Patterson not taking the Auburn job. Then we eat dinner about once a month with a guy that played for the retired coach than many around here want lol.

Even a guy like Cristobal that is rumored to be interested in the job has seen how a program is (Saban's) when allowed to do it their way. I don't expect a coach to have full autonomy at every university, but man our PTB's have one of the worst reps in the nation.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

It's my understanding that was a big factor for Patterson not taking the Auburn job. Then we eat dinner about once a month with a guy that played for the retired coach than many around here want lol.

Even a guy like Cristobal that is rumored to be interested in the job has seen how a program is (Saban's) when allowed to do it their way. I don't expect a coach to have full autonomy at every university, but man our PTB's have one of the worst reps in the nation.

I understand, but JJ was the AD when we wanted Patterson and Green is now.  If we want to eliminate JABA we need to start with a man that can change the culture.  Bruce Pearl is doing it, we can find a football coach that can do it too.  Nothing beats a failure but a try.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I understand, but JJ was the AD when we wanted Patterson and Green is now.  If we want to eliminate JABA we need to start with a man that can change the culture.  Bruce Pearl is doing it, we can find a football coach that can do it too.  Nothing beats a failure but a try.

Out of reactions, right here with you.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

But our handling of Gus is not from what I have heard changing anyone's minds.

As I said I have no issues with firing him if the money doesn't touch academics/student fees. Also if they come out and just do it. No secret games of who can we get while trying to keep Gus on the line. Cause make no mistake, they up that buyout and fire a coach that isn't losing and things go worse they will be laughed at and highly criticized. Man up and do it like Texas aTm boosters did.

19 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I don't expect a coach to have full autonomy at every university, but man our PTB's have one of the worst reps in the nation.

How can the PTB really be that bad when Gus is making the same mistakes, running the same offense, and hiring the same unqualified coaches as he was in 2015. If the PTB meddled that much, wouldn't things be a lot LESS Gusified? 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

How can the PTB really be that bad when Gus is making the same mistakes, running the same offense, and hiring the same unqualified coaches as he was in 2015. If the PTB meddled that much, wouldn't things be a lot LESS Gusified? 

Mentioned it before, but I have a D1 tied in friend that tells me out PTB's play an impact on having to settle for unqualified coaches at spots.

No idea on this one, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gus was had to take Nix as the starter and stick with him.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Mentioned it before, but I have a D1 tied in friend that tells me out PTB's play an impact on having to settle for unqualified coaches at spots.

No idea on this one, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gus was had to take Nix as the starter and stick with him.

His dependence on Bo (making him throw more than any QB he has ever had) coupled with his mistreatment of Joey, I think the Bo call was all Gus.

Jimmy Rane, Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley needs to Pony up the money to get rid of Gus before we play Samford. If we're lucky, we might beat them for our last win.

It all makes sense now why he is such a great recruiter!!!! Lol. He has been recruiting great for yeaaaaars!!! Haha.

PPYeCOqj.jpg

-1fa62b41ca320289.jpg

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It all makes sense now why he is such a great recruiter!!!! Lol. He has been recruiting great for yeaaaaars!!! Haha.

PPYeCOqj.jpg

-1fa62b41ca320289.jpg

Hire him now.....

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PPYeCOqj.jpg

-1fa62b41ca320289.jpg

Super! Mario.

5 minutes ago, fredst said:
15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PPYeCOqj.jpg

-1fa62b41ca320289.jpg

Hire him now.....

Gentlemen..... Gentlemen.....

If this is your criteria, then AU needs to hire Bert.....STAT!!!

I mean, talk about outkicking the coverage....Bert booted it out of the STADIUM!!!

Jennifer-Hielsberg-1-640x427.jpg

jen-bielema-arkansas.jpg

Archived