I want Mario Cristobal

SKIPPER_01

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think we have 2 "scat" backs on the roster. I guess maybe we have a difference of opinion on what a scat back is. I think Kam Martin would qualify, and only because of his usage I am including Worm Shaun Shivers. I honestly believe he is more than just a scat back, but due to his role and size he is being utilized a such. 

@provibe can describe them anyway he likes, they are not a collection of upper tier RBs.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I kind of figured you'd be one of those people gullible enough to think an AD decides whether or not to keep a football coach.

So, you are saying it wasn't Greene who made the call to keep Coach Pearl in spite of pressure from the PTB to let him go? I'm an Allen Greene fan. He's obviously not anybody's yes man, if he were we wouldn't have Bruce today. Yes, when all the whining is over it will be Greene's call. I'm prepared to live with that call no matter how it goes. Are you?

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Too bad....that loss has likely put the burden on Auburn to save the nation from another bammer NC. 

JMO but about 90% of the football world will be pulling for AU this week...

Yep it was big loss to a then 5-5 Arizona St team smh. Pretty much going to end up working out for Bama if we don’t do something about it. I think we can do it but man the offense makes me nervous. 

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

@provibe can describe them anyway he likes, they are not a collection of upper tier RBs.

He can ....and I can disagree is anyway I like. we have Boobee, who has developed into a pretty good back. DJ has all the makings to be a stud. Harold Joiner who is the highest rated RB on the roster. MAR do not know much about him yet other than he was highly recruited and looked great in HS. That leave Malik Miller who is definitely not a scat back, Kam Martin...and Worm.

4 minutes ago, provibe said:

I don’t disagree with you, I just don’t think we should be classified as scat back u when Whitlow and Williams are our #1 and # 2 backs!

I am sorry proverb....I think I quoted you by mistake I mean to quote the person you were replying to. Yes I think we are in agreement!

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep it was big loss to a then 5-5 Arizona St team smh. Pretty much going to end up working out for Bama if we don’t do something about it. I think we can do it but man the offense makes me nervous. 

Have to contain Harris and make Jones beat us.  Jones was not impressive yesterday, considering the level of  competition - functional, but not impressive.  Having said that, we are still going to need an inspired defense, the best Bo we can extract, and a turnover or two.

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Have to contain Harris and make Jones beat us.  Jones was not impressive yesterday, considering the level of  competition - functional, but not impressive.  Having said that, we are still going to need an inspired defense, the best Bo we can extract, and a turnover or two.

He went 10/12 for 275 yards and 3 TDs.

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Yep pretty much what I’m hoping for. Try our best to shut down Harris, won’t be easy. Don’t kick to Waddle for freak sake! Score early. They are going to score early and we’ll have to match. They will have prepared for two weeks also and have some good scripted plays. On offense I’m hoping we FINALLY step up and get it done (my biggest concern). 5 fifth year senior olinemen.... We need to send Brown, Marlon, and this defense off the field with a win. If they lose it’ll be quite sad especially being at home.

17 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That’s not excusable, could have easily been 12/12 300 yards and 4 TD. But seriously that is a concern even though it was just west Carolina 

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

That’s not excusable, could have easily been 12/12 300 yards and 4 TD. But seriously that is a concern even though it was just west Carolina 

Tua is a great QB but the UA offensive system allows you to plug in any good QB and they have a few.

42 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

His TDs were short passes that Bama's world-class WRs ran the field with.

Most of their TDs seem to be

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Question: If Greene decides to keep Coach Malzahn, does Greene suddenly change from the best AD ever into just another doofus?

No for now. As I said in another thread, he hasn't been here for 7 years, so I'll give him a pass.

Now if Gus goes 0-9 against the big 3 during Greene's 3 years here, and Greene keeps him after next year, then yeah, it turns out he's just another doofus in the make believe AD role at Auburn.

2 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Those 3 slippery receivers are the problem with YAC....QB tosses the ball about 15 yards across the field and the receiver takes it for 60.   Our DBs are the key IMO.....I think we can get a reasonable pass rush even with them holding on most plays to cut down the long passes but mostly he gets rid of the ball quickly and lets the receivers do the damage after they catch the ball.

On November 17, 2019 at 11:38 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

And he cost us Pickens.  He has no business in big boy football, and we call him a Co-OC....

Pickens was going to Ga all along, it just cost them more

17 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Pickens was going to Ga all along, it just cost them more

You sure sound confident for someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Those 3 slippery receivers are the problem with YAC....QB tosses the ball about 15 yards across the field and the receiver takes it for 60.   Our DBs are the key IMO.....I think we can get a reasonable pass rush even with them holding on most plays to cut down the long passes but mostly he gets rid of the ball quickly and lets the receivers do the damage after they catch the ball.

This.   Containing the WRs for no YAC is important.  There's no doubt, Dark Helmet has three NFL first-round picks at WR right now.   They will get their catches.  We have to make sure they go down right after the catch.

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

This.   Containing the WRs for no YAC is important.  There's no doubt, Dark Helmet has three NFL first-round picks at WR right now.   They will get their catches.  We have to make sure they go down right after the catch.

Then that means Steele is probably going back to his 3-1-7 defense. So we might give up quite a few yards again

In today's edition of be careful what you ask for....Mario "Dang, the Ducks just lost to a 5-5 team and blew their chance at the playoff" Cristobal.

Come on folks, Malzahn may not be $aban but then again, no one else is either.  Only one other coach in the SEC West owns a win over $aban. Malzhahn has done it a few times.  And Gus hasn't lost to many 5-5 teams that I can recall, especially with the conference and a shot at the playoff on the line.

No Cristobal for me, please.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No for now. As I said in another thread, he hasn't been here for 7 years, so I'll give him a pass.

Now if Gus goes 0-9 against the big 3 during Greene's 3 years here, and Greene keeps him after next year, then yeah, it turns out he's just another doofus in the make believe AD role at Auburn.

Sadly we’re gonna need to lose to more than just the Big 3 next year.

22 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

In today's edition of be careful what you ask for....Mario "Dang, the Ducks just lost to a 5-5 team and blew their chance at the playoff" Cristobal.

Come on folks, Malzahn may not be $aban but then again, no one else is either.  Only one other coach in the SEC West owns a win over $aban. Malzhahn has done it a few times.  And Gus hasn't lost to many 5-5 teams that I can recall, especially with the conference and a shot at the playoff on the line.

Texas A&M 2014 off the top of my head. 2nd year coach with a top 5 team losing at home to an unranked team to put them out of playoff contention. Still think Cristobal would be an upgrade from Gustav but again JMO.  

25 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I watched the entire Oregon/ASU game.  Herbert was having a bad game.  In addition to the 2 interceptions he threw, there were several more bad throws where he was lucky they weren't intercepted as well.  Fromm also had a bad game against S. Carolina, remember.  It happens.  And it doesn't make Cristobal a bad coach.  

4 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It reminded me of when they had Blake Sims and he threw 2 years passes that Amari Cooper took 75 years for a TD. Then at the end of the game Sims had incredible stats. Jones did the same yesterday. One thing we know about our defense, they tackle great in space and near the LOS. If we do that and force Jones to stay in the pocket While our D line closes in, I believe we can beat them. 

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Texas A&M 2014 off the top of my head. 2nd year coach with a top 5 team losing at home to an unranked team to put them out of playoff contention. Still think Cristobal would be an upgrade from Gustav but again JMO.  

aTm was NOT a 5-5 team. aTm was 6-3 coming into that game at AU. And the loss, while it hurt, was not exactly on Gus.  He didn't fumble the ball.

Archived