I want Mario Cristobal

SKIPPER_01

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One key point is if Gus is let go this year whoever takes over won't have to compete against Saban that much longer as Saban is 68 years old.

Saban will die in his office or on the field. He's scared he will die if he stops coaching. Given the money he has, the doctors, pharmaceuticals, stem cells, blood transfusions, etc. could keep him alive and functioning a lot longer than you would think. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon, but if that gives you hope, so be it.

Edit: Paterno has 409 wins and Bear 323.  At around 11 wins a year, he'd need about 8 to break Bear's mark and around 15 to beat Paterno.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Freak said:

Do you really want the list AGAIN?

No. I want one name that has better credentials than Gus and will accept the AU job. Cristobal is in the grab bag category, he doesn't have the record.

12 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Have you publicly stated a coach that fits your criteria, or are you just being contrarian because it's the role you like to play?

I haven't named such a coach. I'm not on the fire Gus and grab anybody bandwagon. It's up to the anti-Gussers to name their man and so far all they have is guesswork and he might work out guys.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I haven't named such a coach. I'm not on the fire Gus and grab anybody bandwagon. It's up to the anti-Gussers to name their man and so far all they have is guesswork and he might work out guys.

I don't think anyone's biting anymore, Mikey.  You have made it clear where you stand, going back to the earliest days of this thread.  We can agree that we all love Auburn and we can disagree about how to fix what is clearly in front of our eyes.  With all due respect, the schtick you are using has gotten old.  Would love for you to visit the All Things Considered Thread if you'd like to talk about more than this particular issue--provided you want real conversation.  Have a good night, sir.

:AUBig:

12 hours ago, selias said:

I realize trying to speak to you is like shouting at a brick wall but, what in his HC history makes you possibly believe he will suddenly start winning rivalry games?

He's already beaten those teams, if not as frequently as we'd like. There's a good, solid staff in place. He's as or more likely to take us to the top in the near future as is someone that will have to start over here.

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I don't think anyone's biting anymore, Mikey.  You have made it clear where you stand, going back to the earliest days of this thread.  We can agree that we all love Auburn and we can disagree about how to fix what is clearly in front of our eyes.  With all due respect, the schtick you are using has gotten old.  Would love for you to visit the All Things Considered Thread if you'd like to talk about more than this particular issue--provided you want real conversation.  Have a good night, sir.

:AUBig:

The schtick I'm providing isn't nearly as worn out as the whining of the posters who want change without having any reasonable assurance that change will result in improvement. When they shut up, I'll shut up.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's already beaten those teams, if not as frequently as we'd like. There's a good, solid staff in place. He's as or more likely to take us to the top in the near future as is someone that will have to start over here.

Please speak to the offensive staff and how solid they are and how they are sought after in the D1 arena.

47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No. I want one name that has better credentials than Gus and will accept the AU job. Cristobal is in the grab bag category, he doesn't have the record.

That's not the question.  The list is long on which coaches could muster up an 8-5 average at Auburn.  It's really not even a gamble to replace Gus,  There are dozens of guys that could do it for less than $7M.  The grab bag is who can do better.  Gus ain't earning his salary, so lets find someone who will.

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

That's not the question.  The list is long on which coaches could muster up an 8-5 average at Auburn.  It's really not even a gamble to replace Gus,  There are dozens of guys that could do it for less than $7M.  The grab bag is who can do better.  Gus ain't earning his salary, so lets find someone who will.

That may not be your question but it certainly is my question. There are dozens of guys who could go 8-5? OK, if that's what you are aiming for. If you want improvement, then provide the name.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

That may not be your question but it certainly is my question. There are dozens of guys who could go 8-5? OK, if that's what you are aiming for. If you want improvement, then provide the name.

8-5 isn't what the ones who want change are aiming for but it's what we are getting 3 out of 4 years with Gus. The folks who are okay with him are the ones aiming for 8-5. 

38 minutes ago, gr82be said:

8-5 isn't what the ones who want change are aiming for but it's what we are getting 3 out of 4 years with Gus. The folks who are okay with him are the ones aiming for 8-5. 

It's not going to sink in any sooner than Gus is going to adjust his offense.

We are already in the trough that Captain Clowntown and his minions suggest we'll fall into if we make a change. What a new coach would offer that Gus does not is the possibility of something better. It's only by choice that anyone still fails to recognize this. 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nice straw man argument.  You're good at these I've noticed.

Gus needs a passing game coordinator like Coach O hired.  We are wasting a very good corps of receivers.  Bo standing back there too long looking for home run balls rather than getting the ball out of his hands.  

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm not on the fire Gus and grab anybody bandwagon.

And who here is on such a bandwagon?  I've yet to read a post from anyone who just wants Gus gone and doesn't give a damn who we replace him with.  We might disagree over who we think would be the right fit, whose resume best indicates they'd be successful here, and so on, but "grab anybody" is just you exaggerating to make your lame counterarguments look better than they are.

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He doesn't think that Stoops will come here, so he's publicly stated Stoops. 

It's much more the latter. He just keeps ignoring, insulting and deflecting. He gave up on intellectually honest conversation when Gus blew that lead to LSU in 2017. He blamed that loss on the players. It's been nothing but a constant stream of mental diarrhea since. 

Band name...

aaaaand I’m out.

B36014DC-00D9-473F-9618-BADDB76CF060.gif

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes, we've seen your half-assed analysis of Cristobal's resume.  Try harder.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And who here is on such a bandwagon?  I've yet to read a post from anyone who just wants Gus gone and doesn't give a damn who we replace him with.  We might disagree over who we think would be the right fit, whose resume best indicates they'd be successful here, and so on, but "grab anybody" is just you exaggerating to make your lame counterarguments look better than they are.

Those that want Gus gone and can't provide the name of the guy with a better record who will take the job.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Understatement of the year.

2-5 against LSU
2-5 against Georgia
2-4 against Alabama

Good Lord.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Those that want Gus gone and can't provide the name of the guy with a better record who will take the job.

No, that's you selectively framing the debate to your own liking.  No one here is on that bandwagon so stop mischaracterizing their arguments.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

No, that's you selectively framing the debate to your own liking.  No one here is on that bandwagon so stop mischaracterizing their arguments.

I'm the one that's supposed to stop mis-characterizing arguments? When do those with the 100+ posts who have done that to my statements get asked to stop? I never have cared much for one way streets.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fleck and Cristobal both have better records than Gus this season with an enormous talent deficit as compared to Auburn. 

20191115_083353.jpg

Screenshot_20191115-083325_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm the one that's supposed to stop mis-characterizing arguments? When do those with the 100+ posts who have done that to my statements get asked to stop? I never have cared much for one way streets.

Dude, focus.  We aren't litigating the history of bad arguments here to deflect from your context-free hot takes on coaching candidates.

No one is advocating for ditching Gus for just anybody.  Full stop.  If you meant something else, then say something else. 

6 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Fleck and Cristobal both have better records than Gus this season with an enormous talent deficit as compared to Auburn. 

Fleck has faced the weakest schedule imaginable, thus his team's low ranking in spite of their record. Then there's a question of why on earth he would take the AU job.

Cristobal has faced a similar schedule to Fleck, with the exception of losing to AU. He's had an NFL 1st round draft pick at QB for the past two years. Lets see what he does without that resource.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fleck has faced the weakest schedule imaginable, thus his team's low ranking in spite of their record. Then there's a question of why on earth he would take the AU job.

Cristobal has faced a similar schedule, with the exception of losing to AU. He's had an NFL 1st round draft pick at QB for the past two years. Lets see what he does without that resource.

Yes, let's waste more time while our regional recruiting foes get stronger and stronger. 

If you're scared, just say you're scared. 

Archived