Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Elbow, and it doesn't look good. Screaming in pain on the court.

I both love and hate Petty. Hate that he's a bammer, love his play when he's on. 

Right arm injury. Return doubtful. A glimmer of hope for him/them? And I'm not pulling for them to win unless it were to help us. 🙂

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

SAME! His energy is missed so much on this team.

He and Horace both were enforcers, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I liked how we looked defensively, game in rupp should be an interesting one 

Lol that's because unless they ain't making BS last second shots at the end of the shot clock the best defender for ole Miss has been Kermit himself and his "system".

Jaylin is obviously not a ideal "stretch" 4 because he can't shoot outside well.... But neither is okoro!!! Lol. Chuma was a perrrrrrfect stretch 4 in Bruuuuuce offense.

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

His stank face after dunks was always amusing. 

This is where Bruce doesn't get enough credit. The player evaluation and player development for  guys who were not highly recruited is un freaking real. Bryce Brown didn't have one other single power 5 college offer and he only went on to make the second most threes in sec history.

A Mac,  Malik, desean Murray (transfer), Samir (transfer) and jvon are other guys that were not highly recruited that Bruce and staff turned in to legit rotation players or even starters.

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol that's because unless they ain't making BS last second shots at the end of the shot clock the best defender for ole Miss has been Kermit himself and his "system".

between it and his zone D, he makes every matchup fun. I personally appreciate occupying that much space in someone else's head

Hey enough about basketball, can we talk about the bachelor please? that was my favorite part of the game! Especially when they had that fellow's head on the left side of the screen, just talking about the bachelor, while the boys were playing basketball in a shrunken screen on the right. For those of us who watch basketball games for bachelor talk, this was BY FAR my favorite moment! Need more of this please.

/s

Yaaaaaah I wonder who's fault it is for that keeerrrremmmmy!!!!! Lol

giphy-23.gif

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

between it and his zone D, he makes every matchup fun. I personally appreciate occupying that much space in someone else's head

Fun!?!? Fun!!!!!! What part of that is fun!?! It's the basketball equivalent of going in for a root canal!!! Lol

Jamal Johnson needs to put some extra time in gym. Glad some others have picked up playing time and improved where the needed it with a much deeper bench than last year. Great win at home

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Chuma was a perrrrrrfect stretch 4...

First round draft pick, therefore FYP. 

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Jamal Johnson needs to put some extra time in gym. Glad some others have picked up playing time and improved where the needed it with a much deeper bench than last year. Great win at home

Imo it's way more than  just his shot. He has been exposed imo as not a sec athlete. He can't hang at all on defense and he can't break free enough to get up a clean look on threes.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger03 said:

Hey enough about basketball, can we talk about the bachelor please? that was my favorite part of the game! Especially when they had that fellow's head on the left side of the screen, just talking about the bachelor, while the boys were playing basketball in a shrunken screen on the right. For those of us who watch basketball games for bachelor talk, this was BY FAR my favorite moment! Need more of this please.

/s

Between that and the little segments they've done in our games with Lunardi, hard pass. 

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

SAME! His energy is missed so much on this team.

Funny that you guys mention Malik. I see some of that same energy and motivation in Jaylin.  

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yaaaaaah I wonder who's fault it is for that keeerrrremmmmy!!!!! Lol

giphy-23.gif

Ya know, there is a video out there if Big Bird getting Kermit stoned. Maybe we need Help from our own @bigbird

1 hour ago, AUTiger03 said:

/s

I detect sarcasm.

1 hour ago, AUTiger03 said:

/s

as much as I am loving Maddie on the Bachelor, I was highly annoyed by their complete babble while the game was going on.  Ridiculous!

I'm glad we weren't playing a good team tonight, we'd have gotten waxed by 20 points.

Ole' Miss seems to bring out the worst in AU basketball teams. I remember back before many of y'all were born, AU coach Bob Davis got permission from the Ole' Miss coach to hold a practice in their gym after we lost over there, a two hour practice. Then when the bus got back to Beard-Eaves, he made the team walk around back, pile their uniforms on a spot of grass and they burned them there. Things haven't improved a lot over the years, we still seem to save our worst for the Rebels.

Yes, we had a big comeback and won in double OT over there this year. WTH was a team of our quality doing way behind and having to go into OT with them anyway? I'd like to drop them from the schedule forever!

Archived