SEC adds South Carolina and Tennessee to our schedule

WarTiger

11 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

We go to South Carolina and we have Tennessee at home.

Man, I wish we could have a full Jordan-Hare for Tennessee. A full stadium with a raucous crowd for that game could be a difference maker.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do we have an official schedule with dates yet?

@abw0004 No. Been reported a few times today those come out next week.

If we were going to go for ideal East matchup, I would've rather had Florida instead, but USC jr, UTk and UK isnt awful I guess 

Bo pretty much plays the murderer's row of other young QBs in the conference; Hilskinki, J.T Daniels, possibly Joey, Bryce Young, that bum Brennan, basically anyone that could be his contemporary in conf 

Matchups based on approximate order of finish. I am happy that we didn't get absolutely screwed, but it is pretty clear that Bama, LSU, UGA got a favorable outcome

SEC_POOF.png

I just don’t think this makes a whole lot of difference since are headed toward cancellation of the entire season when COVID explodes two weeks after the students come back to campus.  Maybe a few games will be played in the spring if/when a vaccine is developed and widely distributed but it ain’t happening in the fall.  This is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As stated in another thread, AU and Bama are playing nearly an identical schedule.  The only game that's different is that we play South Carolina and they play Mizzou, which is kind of a wash.  Every other opponent is exactly the same.

LSU got off easy.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Auburn got shafted.

We did not get shafted, especially relative to Bama when you look at total strength of all 10 opponents, especially given the likelihood of not much home field advantage this season given few, if not no, fans. The only difference in our schedules is they got Mizzou while we have SC. That could be a wash or Mizzou could turn out to be the better team.

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

Where is the actual schedule?

Comes out next week on an episode of SEC Now.

So happy to see that Bama got blasted with Misery and Kentucky.
And to see that UGA got shafted with Arkansas andd Miss State

The SEC is definitely trying to make sure that the SEC Championship is Bama vs UGA.

As always, Auburn will have to overcome a seriously tough schedule in order to evenn be competitive.

To those looking at the big picture of the full 10 game schedule & not just the 2 teams each team added, I & logic thank you.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To those looking at the big picture of the full 10 game schedule & not just the 2 teams each team added, I & logic thank you.

The reactionary nature and short-sightedness of our fan base baffles me sometimes.

13 minutes ago, AURex said:

So happy to see that Bama got blasted with Misery and Kentucky.
And to see that UGA got shafted with Arkansas and Miss State

I'm not so sure the UGA Dawgs aren't gonna get bit by Mike Leach's MSU Bulldogs.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The reactionary nature and short-sightedness of our fan base baffles me sometimes.

And reporters. Jason Caldwell was moaning for teams on twitter & has a tag line in a tweeted article that says "No rhyme or reason for additions to SEC football". SMH

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We did not get shafted, especially relative to Bama when you look at total strength of all 10 opponents, especially given the likelihood of not much home field advantage this season given few, if not no, fans. The only difference in our schedules is they got Mizzou while we have SC. That could be a wash or Mizzou could turn out to be the better team.

You are correct Bama already had Georgia and I was only looking at the teams that got added. This means that Bama does finally have an equivalent schedule to Auburn.  If they would have added LSU to Georgia schedule then Auburn , Georgia, Alabama, and LSU would have basically played the same schedule and Florida would have been the big winner. As it is Florida now has best chance in East and LSU in West based on schedule only. Also if Alabama and Georgia complain about this schedule we can always say welcome to our world every year.

Arkansas and Missouri...😵

Still don't think it actually happens for the same reasons Brad mentioned. But a part of me actually wishes this set up would become permanent...we're not stuck playing FL and TN once every six years.

UNC lost 3 DBs today.  That plus 1 model doesn’t look so bad now.  If there is a bowl season after this season how interesting is that going to be?  It will be purely by invitation because there will be no way to know if a 4-6 SEC team is any better/or worse than a 6-4 ACC, Big Ten team.  I’ve got terrible gas.  War Eagle.  How is Sky Bar going to be effected/affected by the Covid? 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1291863656968392704?s=10”

Yeah well welcome to the club!! That was us last year

Arkansas could play Vandy ten times and it would still be a challenging schedule for them. 

Archived