Biden picks Kamala Harris (plus Soccer!)

homersapien

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to turn off some black voters, and some other voters sympathetic to race related policing issues. I hope there is a plan to secure those votes anyway.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is going to turn off some black voters, and some other voters sympathetic to race related policing issues. I hope there is a plan to secure those votes anyway.

Some potentially.  But she'll be someone that suburban America will feel comfortable with.  I think that's the calculus here.

She'll also be effective on the attack against Trump.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Some potentially.  But she'll be someone that suburban America will feel comfortable with.  I think that's the calculus here.

I hope it is enough to offset.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I understand why you say that, but I don't see her history as being that influential. Same goes for Biden's record on the same issues. 

Having said that, I hope both are straightforward in addressing it - perhaps by acknowledging the unintended consequences.

The Trump campaign will probably play the Tulsi Gabbard attack on her incessantly on loop. 

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hope it is enough to offset.

For Biden, the math is relatively simple right now.  Don't pick someone that will cost you:

- A chance at winning Florida

- Your lead in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin

Anything else is gravy, but those four states have to be the focus in any decision right now.

Tearing Biden down at debate now sings his praises🙄.........do agree with dub above as its his best chance..........still a hold your nose election all over again.

3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Tearing Biden down at debate now sings his praises🙄.........do agree with dub above as its his best chance..........still a hold your nose election all over again.

Meh Biden had traded barbs with Obama and it all worked out.

Eh Biden being rich is a relatively new thing so I'll give him a pass on that. He was known for his modest means going back to when he was first elected to public office. The vast majority of his wealth is relatively recent, cashing in post Obama era with a book deal and lucrative speaking engagements.

Kamala being all "law & order" during her time as a prosecutor is true though. 

31 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Eh Biden being rich is a relatively new thing so I'll give him a pass on that. He was known for his modest means going back to when he was first elected to public office. The vast majority of his wealth is relatively recent, cashing in post Obama era with a book deal and lucrative speaking engagements.

Kamala being all "law & order" during her time as a prosecutor is true though. 

Off topic, did you watch Trump’s Axios interview? The one being memed currently. 

I was hoping for Karen Bass. We knew it would be a black woman. I wanted someone who isn't mean-spirited. I will bet that we see Ms. Harris smiling a lot more than she used to.

Wait until he finds out that many black people in Jamaica can trace their lineage to slavery, only with sugar cane being what they were forced to farm rather than cotton. 

18 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I was hoping for Karen Bass. We knew it would be a black woman. I wanted someone who isn't mean-spirited. I will bet that we see Ms. Harris smiling a lot more than she used to.

Bass puts Florida at major risk for Biden.  Right now he has a lead there.  Trump can't win without Florida and Biden is smart not to risk it with her.

He still has time to lose Florida, but the VP won't be the reason now.

22 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Yeah she should definitely smile more🙄

22 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Maya Rudolph is going to have fun with this on SNL. 

BB17Q7rL.jpg

Yeah she's got 4, 8, maybe 12 years locked in going forward. Good for her. 

I liked KH in the primaries. I’m not sure what I feel about the pick yet. I’m still deciding. But I do think she is a beautiful woman. I don’t know why that matters?

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I liked KH in the primaries. I’m not sure what I feel about the pick yet. I’m still deciding. But I do think she is a beautiful woman. I don’t know why that matters?

She is indeed.........still not sure I care for many of her comments she made while she was running for Pres........then both Dems and repubs have disappointed me over stimulus handling and stimulus doesn't effect me but for many it does.........It's been handled poorly by both sides.

The executive order may be worst of all knowing many states cant afford to continue unemployment.........and for the record 600.00 wouldnt have been enough to stay afloat in 2000 when working let alone 2020...........certainly not enough to keep me from wanting to return to work.

Archived