Biden picks Kamala Harris (plus Soccer!)

homersapien

13 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Tearing Biden down at debate now sings his praises🙄.........do agree with dub above as its his best chance..........still a hold your nose election all over again.

I would rather hold my nose in a men's room where some dude just dropped a fresh deuce then actually be in the toilet where he dropped it. It's not a fun decision but it's an easy one.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, alexava said:

I liked KH in the primaries. I’m not sure what I feel about the pick yet. I’m still deciding. But I do think she is a beautiful woman. I don’t know why that matters?

I have had the same thoughts. I also think she is a beautiful woman, and I wonder if that influences what I think about her as a politician? Really just kind of a thought experiment at this point but as more and more women enter politics, it might become a more meaningful discussion.

This could bring about something unprecedented in U.S. History. If Biden wins and then gropes her like he usually does to women close to him, we could have the first sexual harassment suit ever brought on by the Vice President against the President. Wow!

45 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

This could bring about something unprecedented in U.S. History. If Biden wins and then gropes her like he usually does to women close to him, we could have the first sexual harassment suit ever brought on by the Vice President against the President. Wow!

Funny Situations GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

I was hoping for Karen Bass. We knew it would be a black woman. I wanted someone who isn't mean-spirited. I will bet that we see Ms. Harris smiling a lot more than she used to.

"Mean spirited"?  :-\

I doubt she will ridicule the disability of a reporter.

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

It's like you guys aren't even trying anymore. 

This was by far the best, and safest pick (of those who were on the short-list). I'm pleased with it, but then again I was going to vote for Biden anyway.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Don't forget that old misogynist classic "women in positions of influence need to smile more".

Man. Sometimes this board is like Mad Men minus literally every single thing about it that was cool or sexy.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

It's like you guys aren't even trying anymore. 

It was a joke.  My opinion is that Biden is slowly morphing into an incompetent mental case. Just watch a video or 3 of him and see for yourself. I don't say that to be mean, i just see it as a fact. i don't wish ill will on anybody. He is just not mentally well enough to run our country. I don't agree with Kamala Harris' political views. She is far left, and I am not. Nancy Pelosi is a fall down drunk who can't hardly speak at times because of it. That's her fault. I don't want her as one of my leaders in government We have AOC and her cast of characters who are Anti-American. I don't want them as my government leaders. I know Trump has his short comings, but I believe he has the USA's best interest at heart. He has a more unique, in your face methods that have given Liberals some culture shock that yall cant handle. 

OK, so I'm done. Like me, don't like me, facepalm or thumbs down my post. I don't care b/c unlike a lot of posters in this forum, I don't live and breathe politics.

That was a funny joke I made; loosen up and laught at it.

Sincerely have a wonderful day.

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Biden is a turnip...Harris should be the Nominee, Biden should be in a home...

Looked okay on the bicycle. 

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think that Trump is mean-spirited as well. I hope it is okay to think that way about both. I think she is smarter which makes her meanness  more vicious. But maybe I am just sexist and misogynist, right?

I do feel bad for Biden not only the fact he struggles at times but also the hell his daughter has put him through........I will go on record as saying I support him if elected even though he may not be my top choice.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I think that Trump is mean-spirited as well. I hope it is okay to think that way about both. I think she is smarter which makes her meanness  more vicious. But maybe I am just sexist and misogynist, right?

Could be. 

After all, you just equated a male psychopath ridiculing a reporter's disability to........ what exactly?

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Could be. 

After all, you just equated a male psychopath ridiculing a reporter's disability to........ what exactly?

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I did!:dunno:

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Your definition of funny is very loose.

#boomerhumor

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

#boomerhumor

Total sidebar, but I scored season tickets to Austin FC starting next year.  Know you're a soccer guy so if you ever happen to be in town, hit me up and be my guest for a match.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Total sidebar, but I scored season tickets to Austin FC starting next year.  Know you're a soccer guy so if you ever happen to be in town, hit me up and be my guest for a match.

Is this inspired by PT and Elle going on that date to McDonald’s?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Awesome that you're getting an MLS team. Want to take you up on it. 

We're in year 2 of having a USL championship team here in Birmingham and love it, especially since they're awesome. Went to 10 home games last year (Sadie got to be an anthem buddy in several) and got to see them make the playoffs in year 1 of their existence as a club. 

They're on a tear this year too, but we haven't gone to any games for obvious reasons. Leading the group. They saved a point tonight on a 93rd minute goal after having a player sent off in the 80th and surrendering one shortly thereafter. It was awesome. Keeper sent forward on a corner in the 93rd minute got the assist. 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Is this inspired by PT and Elle going on that date to McDonald’s?

Brad and I actually get along lol. 

Archived