Big Blue LOOKALIKES!!

ToraGirl

Chance PooreLindseyMug

Who knew?!  Goober is a UNA alum!  https://roarlions.com/honors/hall-of-fame/george-goober-lindsey/68

"George Lindsey was  two-year letterman on Lion football teams in 1950 and 1951 and played quarterback. Born in Fairfield, Ala., he majored in biological science and physical education and graduated in 1952. He then went on to an illustrious career in television and film. His most famous role was that of Goober in the popular TV series The Andy Griffith Show, where he spent five years on one of the most popular running series ever on television. He later reprised his role on Mayberry R.F.D.

George expanded his talents following Mayberry R.F.D. by recording a comedy album in Nashville called “Goober Sings”. It was in Nashville that he was approached to continue the character of Goober in the popular television variety show Hee Haw. It would prove to be a successful venture for George and he would work with Hee Haw for the next 20 years. In addition to Hee Haw , he also appeared in numerous guest roles on television shows such as The Rifleman, Twilight Zone and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. He also got a part in the feature film Ensign Pulver and played numerous Disney movie roles. 

Lindsey’s  humanitarian achievements over the years have been notable. He has raised more than 1 million dollars for the Special Olympics. For 17 years, he conducted the George Lindsay Celebrity Golf Tournament in Montgomery, Alabama which raised money for mentally retarded children. He also helped raise funds for an aquatic center for the Alabama State Hospital for the Mentally Retarded. These efforts helped earn Lindsey induction into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.

In 1992, UNA presented Lindsey with a honorary doctor of humane letters degree. In 1998, he helped establish the George Lindsey/ University of North Alabama Television and Film Festival. It is an annual event that provides young filmmakers the opportunity to show their work and learn more about the filmmaking industry. Through his contacts in the entertainment industry, he has been able to bring in as featured artists such luminaries as Ernest Borgnine and Tom Cherones."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Ah'ite, people.  Here we go!  Have at it...and feel free to tag more.  Let's get this OVERDUE party started!  @AUBwins @gr82be @LKEEL75 @jAUSon @JGLEATON @WalkingCarpet @Zeek @AUsince72 @AUFriction @AUwent @triangletiger @Sully to Beasley @api1957 @doc4aday

https://ukathletics.com/sports/football/roster

YES!!!!  Thanks @ToraGirl

Hi @ToraGirl

For you, I'll post something 2020 football season related.  😇

I DO hope all the members of AUFamily are doing well.

ef3c27f0-9ad5-11ea-9f7d-d48ea62ef5cd.jpg

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

You know, part of me really enjoys this...yet I feel like I'm being mean at the same time.  😏

Noger_Jacob.jpg

Niles_Crane.jpg

Oh, same, Johnny.  I feel those same feelings.  I think it was AUB who reminded, "It's all in fun."  I have stopped short of doing Lookalikes for FamBoard members, though...in the face of all kinds of temptation.  THAT would be mean.  (But definitely therapeutic...)

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

You know, part of me really enjoys this...yet I feel like I'm being mean at the same time.  😏

Noger_Jacob.jpg

Niles_Crane.jpg

That's awesome

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I'm missing you here, @AUsince72. Hope you are doing well!

Thank you 3rdGen!  Doing okay physically but spiritually doing much better.  We are actually packing and preparing to FINALLY move to the Smokeys in late October.  Please pray we stick to our deadline!🙏🙏🙏😁😁😁

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you 3rdGen!  Doing okay physically but spiritually doing much better.  We are actually packing and preparing to FINALLY move to the Smokeys in late October.  Please pray we stick to our deadline!🙏🙏🙏😁😁😁

Glad to hear you are doing ok and that you'll be in the beautiful Smokies soon, and in a great time of year. WDE

56 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Glad to hear you are doing ok and that you'll be in the beautiful Smokies soon, and in a great time of year. WDE

Yes, I'm SO looking forward to an Autumn arrival.  Pretty psyched as long as The Lord is willing!  

Thanks for the kind words!

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Prayers continue Brother. God Bless 

Archived