Ruth Bader-Ginsburg has died

AUDub

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

McCaskill is an idiot. She seriously thinks voters will hold these people accountable in the long term?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUDub said:

McCaskill is an idiot. She seriously thinks voters will hold these people accountable in the long term?

I agree with the 2022 assessment from you, but I do agree with her perspective of McConnell as well.  He cares about power and the Senate.  He would throw Trump under the bus if it meant saving the Senate.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I agree with the 2022 assessment from you, but I do agree with her perspective of McConnell as well.  He cares about power and the Senate.  He would throw Trump under the bus if it meant saving the Senate.

Not only that, we're talking about a co-equal branch that's about to be out of control for close to a generation lol. 

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just saw a really interesting point.  What happens if/when election lawsuits get to the SC this cycle for mail in ballots or vote counting?  What if we have a 2000 situation?  A 4-4 tie is extremely possible.

The decision(s) under review would prevail.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Nola you got anything to add other than facepalming me incessantly? 

Interesting characterization (“incessantly”).

Anyways, I intended for the facepalming to speak for itself. That’s why I did not add anything. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Interesting characterization (“incessantly”).

Anyways, I intended for the facepalming to speak for itself. That’s why I did not add anything. 

Well 2 within 2 minutes is pretty telling. Got anything to add?

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well 2 within 2 minutes is pretty telling. Got anything to add?

Good, it should be telling.

I guess I would’ve added the laughing emoji. But as you know, we can only choose one response-emoji per comment.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Yeah, after the GOP gained lots of Senate seats a year after shutting down the govt...

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I guess I would’ve added the laughing emoji. But as you know, we can only choose one response-emoji per comment.

Elucidate,  man. Markey is taking the same tack as me. 

Trump found out from reporters after his campaign rally speech in MN tonight as he was walking back to AF One.

How did someone on his staff not pull him aside the *second* he finished that speech, and tell him?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/19/trump-reaction-rbg-death-collins-ac360-sot-vpx.cnn

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well this will be circulated against Lindsey Graham a ton.  Worth watching the video for full context.

Heh. Tried leaving voicemail just now and it said "mailbox is full."

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump found out from reporters after his campaign rally speech in MN tonight as he was walking back to AF One.

How did someone on his staff not pull him aside the *second* he finished that speech, and tell him?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/19/trump-reaction-rbg-death-collins-ac360-sot-vpx.cnn

So I can actually see where his supporters would would feign indignation at your question. But that goes back to the inanity of questioning Biden's mental fitness when it's almost certain that he would, at a minimum, surround himself with better talent and actually take advantage of it rather than cancel anyone who disagrees with him. (The obvious assumption that Biden would employ fewer grifters and other street criminals aside...)

Just now, McLoofus said:

So I can actually see where his supporters would would feign indignation at your question. But that goes back to the inanity of questioning Biden's mental fitness when it's almost certain that he would, at a minimum, surround himself with better talent and actually take advantage of it rather than cancel anyone who disagrees with him. (The obvious assumption that Biden would employ fewer grifters and other street criminals aside...)

Honestly, if I'm Trump I'm chewing asses out tonight.  It's inexcusable that they'd let the POTUS walk out and be put on the spot without even a second to think about such news before TV cameras are capturing his reaction in real time.  Bumbling incompetence to the nth degree.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump replaced all of the competent staffers he had in the first two years and replaced them all with sycophants.

Four more years!    ;D

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Honestly, if I'm Trump I'm chewing asses out tonight.  It's inexcusable that they'd let the POTUS walk out and be put on the spot without even a second to think about such news before TV cameras are capturing his reaction in real time.  Bumbling incompetence to the nth degree.

And that's kind of the story. 

Man, I hope we get back to disagreeing with each other. I'm guessing you get what I mean by that and the respect with which I say it.

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The crazy thing....he gave the best possible answer and reaction he could have in the moment.  He praised her for a great life and as someone who, whether you agreed with her or not, was important to the country.

I was actually somewhat impressed with how he handled it given his history.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sheesh, how come ichy gets a pass?

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Do you actually think Court-packing would be wise? 

Is it fundamentally a good idea?  No 

Would I threaten it and follow through if McConnell tries to ram through a nominee?  Yep.

First thing Schumer should do is pull Mitch aside and make it very clear what the ramifications would be if McConnell goes through with this and the Dems win the Senate and WH.  He should threaten court packing and statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico and then be willing to do it.

Essentially have a "try me" conversation with Mitch and see who blinks.

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Do you actually think Court-packing would be wise? 

Absolutely not, but **** sensibility. If McConnell fills this seat after what he did with Garland, **** it. Lets open Pandora's Box. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Absolutely not, but **** sensibility. If McConnell fills this seat after what he did with Garland, **** it. Lets open Pandora's Box. 

I think you have the entire left on your side!

Archived