Dream Political Debate

RunInRed

Man, you masochists would have trump in your dream debate? Oh wait... Auburn fans. Self-flagellation is kind of a thing with us, huh.

Tell ya what. Obama v McCain or Romney seem like dreams RN. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Man, you masochists would have trump in your dream debate? Oh wait... Auburn fans. Self-flagellation is kind of a thing with us, huh.

Tell ya what. Obama v McCain or Romney seem like dreams RN. 

Well, my dream debates take two forms: 

1.  Wanting to see a blustery, poor debater get owned.

2.  Wanting to see two excellent debaters match wits.

I obviously took option 1.  My option 2 would probably be something like Reagan vs JFK, Obama vs Reagan.  

One of the best debates I ever saw was the Senate race between Obama and Alan Keyes.  Look it up sometime.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

montyPython.gif

More of the Monty Python type than the "Cat O' 9 Tails". An Auburn gameday program to the head works wonders to discipline your expectations. 😂

I really dont care about debates as they are presented in Late 20th Century America.

Sound bites and gotchas really do not mean anything but twitterati masturbating all over the twitterverse these days. There are few things in life that can be interestingly explained in 140 char.

I would love to see TED Talks by and prolonged roundtable discussing featuring: 
Lincoln, JFK, LBJ, FDR, RWR, Teddy Roosevelt. I am more of a TR fan than the rest.

1) I think Reagan would begin by telling everyone now in the Republican Party that what he said in 1980 was prescribed for 1980, not America every damn day going forward. I think he would blast Limbaugh, Hannity, and half of Fox News. 

2) Whatever you think of the next statement, I don really care. Lincoln and LBJ were two of the greatest changers in American History. They were messy, spilled a lot of blood, but they changed America for the better, long term. Same with FDR.huge positive change.

3) Clinton when out of office said that he didnt have a great challenge during his time in office. And he felt cheated by history for it. The best presidents are those that nivagate the bad stuff. 

4) Trump...what failure. Obama, came in as a progressive, took the $$$, and he institutionalized NeoLiberalism to the point where there is almost no discussion in the DNC anymore. Obama came in hating the New Democrat Coalition and then became their biggest champion. Great guy, but man did he squander what he was given. 

Archived