There should be no argument about Gus

WarEagleHunter1221

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

War Blogle keeps gas lighting people

He is part of the problem!!! I absolutely cannot stand fans like him. This dude thought we should keep Chizik after 2012. He is a freaking idiot. He is doing nothing but hurt the program. I would like to say this is all a act. A schtick to take advantage of the creed maunstars to boost his social media following and "brand" who actually believe this and are content with 7-5 seasons but sadly I think he this is who he really is. It is who he has always been and there scarily a lot of Auburn fans who side with him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is part of the problem!!! I absolutely cannot stand fans like him. This dude thought we should keep Chizik after 2012. He is a freaking idiot. He is doing nothing but hurt the program. I would like to say this is all a act. A schtick to take advantage of the creed maunstars to boost his social media following and "brand" who actually believe this and are content with 7-5 seasons but sadly I think he this is who he really is. It is who he has always been and there scarily a lot of Auburn fans who side with him.

We're a good clean saintly program guys! We don't care about evil things like winning games!

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We're a good clean saintly program guys! We don't care about evil things like winning games!

sadas.gif

30 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don’t know him. Maybe his bank account is more important to him than the success of Auburn's program.

8 hours ago, japantiger said:

What did Kennesaw State do to piss you off?

They are in my backyard and I want Gus to coach there so I can go over every day and piss on his shoes like LBJ used to do to his secret service agents!

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup! I see a number of fans this morning back to the gaslighting.

"Hey SEC wins are hard to come by"

Stfu, we've beaten Arky the last 4 years by the following margin:

2019 - 41

2018 - 31

2017 - 32

2016 - 53

Here are some reason this should scare Auburn fans:

1. It's the first time we scored under 30 points against Arkansas since 2012... 

2. They have a brand new coaching staff and no spring

3. They have vastly inferior recruits. 

4. We let FRANKS throw for 4 freaking touchdowns

5. Without a BLOCKED PUNT and a miracle series where we miss an easy field goal, somehow force a 3 and out, and somehow make a harder field goal, all despite some dumb fumble spike. We really should have lost this game.

6. Either Seth was injured and shouldn't have been out there or he's essentially quit on this team.

There's so much more but the "win is a win" crowd dismissing the upset crowd like they're a bunch of "whiners" is ridiculous. These people are the definition of insane and they're a huge part of the problem. 

10 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

You also run the risk of getting someone the same as gus or worse than gus. Do you really want to risk going through what Tennessee has been through the last 13 years. I don't You are crying because Gus beats a Saban lead bama team once every 2 or 3 years. Who has better record? Who else beats UGA consistently since smart has been there. 

Found another beta male to group with gus 

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

I used to enjoy his content when Twitter was sort of a new thing. Dude has become the ultimate Auburn sunshine pumper. He’s the guy who will scream “Iron Bowl record!” When you mention the records in Athens, Baton Rouge, bowls, etc. 

Some folks just live in constant delusion. “Gus will right the ship!” Lmao

1 hour ago, Imfignavommick said:

They are in my backyard and I want Gus to coach there so I can go over every day and piss on his shoes like LBJ used to do to his secret service agents!

My Owls are doing fine. No thanks! Lol

You know I was thinking about it....if the Ref hadn't blown the TD call in the UK game...that game could have went very differently after, but instead the refs basically took a TD away from UK and momentum. Then we get blown out to UGA. Today, we got another gift from the refs with the fumble, i mean spike, play. We are a couple plays away from being 0-3 and not much sunshine on the horizon. Would Gus be on the hotseat then?

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I agree with what another poster said earlier. The PTB can't be in total control. If that turns out to be the case, make your search easy and give the job to Morris.

Wasn’t this last hire conducted by Auburn legends, Pat, Bo and last name escapes me?

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You know I was thinking about it....if the Ref hadn't blown the TD call in the UK game...that game could have went very differently after, but instead the refs basically took a TD away from UK and momentum. Then we get blown out to UGA. Today, we got another gift from the refs with the fumble, i mean spike, play. We are a couple plays away from being 0-3 and not much sunshine on the horizon. Would Gus be on the hotseat then?

Been on the hot seat since 2015 IMO.  He just flat out can't manage recruiting. Sure we're getting higher "ranked" classes, but it isn't translating to the field. He's still fielding a Sunbelt OL, undersized RBs, no TE and wasting WR talent by not diversifying the passing game. Until Auburn gets out of the mentality of hiring coaches based on ability to manipulate them, this is what we'll get. We need a man with fire and drive to push the limits of these kids. We need a coach with some serious swagger, because frankly,  I'm bored to death with this complacent,  underachieving staff. It's soooooooo damn boring and predictable. Ugh...when basketball start up again?!!

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Wasn’t this last hire conducted by Auburn legends, Pat, Bo and last name escapes me?

Yeah...a search led by Yes men. 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I feel that. I get irritated with the look at what we can do when everything goes perfect people. If we could play in a world where we didn't get rushed we'd be so freaking awesome! Unfortunately what makes the SEC the SEC is probably the quality of defensive lineman! Saying that is like saying I love football but hate the tackling......

I see teams trying to take the next step like UT, A&M and Ole Miss and of course Bama left on the schedule. Those look like L's at this point.  UK and Arkansas are getting better, but not there yet. Both played Auburn to the hilt. South Carolina isn't a bad team, and that game looks like a tough matchup. LSU and MSU don't look as formidable as they did to begin the season, but you can't count them out. 

After what we've seen through 3 games, I think we are realistically looking at 5-5, and possibly worse.  What say you?

Any one casually throwing out the comparisons to Mark Richt and how UGA wasn’t happy with his results and in some way tying it in to us and Gus is way off base. You are doing a disservice to Richt actually. Outside of one magical season (which we still didn’t win the Natty) Gus has not really even come close to the consistent Richt level success.  

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yup, we could easily be 0-3 right now and it's not a stretch to argue we should be.

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Been on the hot seat since 2015 IMO.  He just flat out can't manage recruiting. Sure we're getting higher "ranked" classes, but it isn't translating to the field. He's still fielding a Sunbelt OL, undersized RBs, no TE and wasting WR talent by not diversifying the passing game. Until Auburn gets out of the mentality of hiring coaches based on ability to manipulate them, this is what we'll get. We need a man with fire and drive to push the limits of these kids. We need a coach with some serious swagger, because frankly,  I'm bored to death with this complacent,  underachieving staff. It's soooooooo damn boring and predictable. Ugh...when basketball start up again?!!

Brent Venables!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

You also run the risk of getting someone the same as gus or worse than gus. Do you really want to risk going through what Tennessee has been through the last 13 years. I don't You are crying because Gus beats a Saban lead bama team once every 2 or 3 years. Who has better record? Who else beats UGA consistently since smart has been there. 

50% chance of a better coach is 100% better than a proven 4 loss, mediocre coach.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

No, JJ was going to 100% hire Gus. The "search committee" was put in place to limit any blowback. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Said the same thing last night. We are 2 gifts from refs from being 0-3. Literally would have won the game for Ark and probably would have changed the first game completely. 
It is like we are stuck in purgatory.
We are not bad enough to fire Gus but not good enough to win any meaningful games. 
These players deserve so much more. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

To the bolded part; that’s one way to look at it, or it could be he doesn’t want to jeopardize his *insider* information and, like a lot of fans, are scared of what could be. He must be comfortable with his world the way it is..

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yup! I see a number of fans this morning back to the gaslighting.

"Hey SEC wins are hard to come by"

Stfu, we've beaten Arky the last 4 years by the following margin:

2019 - 41

2018 - 31

2017 - 32

2016 - 53

Here are some reason this should scare Auburn fans:

1. It's the first time we scored under 30 points against Arkansas since 2012... 

2. They have a brand new coaching staff and no spring

3. They have vastly inferior recruits. 

4. We let FRANKS throw for 4 freaking touchdowns

5. Without a BLOCKED PUNT and a miracle series where we miss an easy field goal, somehow force a 3 and out, and somehow make a harder field goal, all despite some dumb fumble spike. We really should have lost this game.

6. Either Seth was injured and shouldn't have been out there or he's essentially quit on this team.

There's so much more but the "win is a win" crowd dismissing the upset crowd like they're a bunch of "whiners" is ridiculous. These people are the definition of insane and they're a huge part of the problem. 

Aside from Tank yesterday went about as bad as it could’ve gone. At least if we had lost it might e been what was needed to make a change at the end of this season.

3 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I see teams trying to take the next step like UT, A&M and Ole Miss and of course Bama left on the schedule. Those look like L's at this point.  UK and Arkansas are getting better, but not there yet. Both played Auburn to the hilt. South Carolina isn't a bad team, and that game looks like a tough matchup. LSU and MSU don't look as formidable as they did to begin the season, but you can't count them out. 

After what we've seen through 3 games, I think we are realistically looking at 5-5, and possibly worse.  What say you?

Unfortunately I agree. But all these negative posts here only hurt us IMHO. Gus and the PTB don't read them but potential recruits do.

Archived