love him or hate him lets

aubiefifty

i think i will throw up another prayer for gus this morning. we had too many negatives yesterday. but i must admit with all the hate on this thread maybe i am praying for the wrong folks. my mind has not changed a bit. some of you could use some lifting up. that hate and anger many of you hold is just not healthy! i will include you guys as well. you just cannot beat that and it does not cost ya one red cent.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe this will help you guys out some.....

27 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Ebenezer's soul was cold and sick and in need of saving. 

Gus feels sad because his team is underperforming.  

Same thing, though.  

You do realize it was a joke. Right??

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Around here, one never knows.

Agreed 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The original request for prayers for Gus was very simple and there's really no valid reason to say anything was wrong with it. A genuine prayer for any soul is welcomed by God. Jesus even told us to pray for our enemies. 

But what's unfolded after the OP has been nuts. Can't really make heads or tails of it. Lot of folks have some non-biblical ideas on prayer.

There are those on here whom I am convinced would cheer for Lucifer if it meant Gus would be gone. (Minor hyperbole.)

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

There are those on here whom I am convinced would cheer for Lucifer if it meant Gus would be gone. (Minor hyperbole.)

Is he looking to make a coaching move?  What have you heard?   

Lol at everybody being sucked in to the ultra sensitive if you don't click like and say you pray for Gus it's hate and the you guys hate Gus so much you'd love the devil.....

Mind games to get people to do what you want and try to ostracized people that don't buy in. Pathetic really

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol at everybody being sucked in to the ultra sensitive if you don't click like and say you pray for Gus it's hate and the you guys hate Gus so much you'd love the devil.....

Mind games to get people to do what you want and try to ostracized people that don't buy in. Pathetic really

NTY Cole.....Football is a game...A GAME! and it means nothing. As far as Gus, he is healthy, as is his family, they are saved people, good people that do the right thing. People want to pray for Gus because his feelings are hurt due to a game? Go for it, none of my business. I think that I'll pray for sick kids,old people, lost people,etc. This is not meant to be self-righteous or sanctimonious in any way, but it is just a game

3 hours ago, AURealist said:

There are real people with real, actual, serious life and death problems.

But Gus is hurting because he's getting paid $8M a year and is unhappy that his team is performing poorly.   

Boo hoo.   

You can't be serious.  

There isn't a salary cap on prayer. There's nothing wrong with praying for anyone. If you don't feel called to, that's fine. But it does seem biblically wrong to tell others NOT to pray for someone because you feel they don't deserve it.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think i will throw up another prayer for gus this morning. we had too many negatives yesterday. but i must admit with all the hate on this thread maybe i am praying for the wrong folks. my mind has not changed a bit. some of you could use some lifting up. that hate and anger many of you hold is just not healthy! i will include you guys as well. you just cannot beat that and it does not cost ya one red cent.

C'mon man, no one is holding anger and hate in their hearts. People are just not going to fall down on our knees and pray for someone/something that doesn't really need praying for. I get it if Gus is hurt, going through covid, lost his job, and/or struggling to put food on the table that you should make a thread asking for prayers or whatever. Being sad because he lost a football game that he is in part responsible for losing, isn't it.

But even if I wasn't an Atheist I wouldn't pray for a man because he lost a damn football game. There are way more important things in this world than losing a game. This was one of the biggest, "hey, look at me, I'm doing something Christian" threads I've seen in a long time.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:35 AM, aubiefifty said:

send some prayers out for gus. many of us might not be happy with him but he does love auburn. and watching him post game last week i believe the man was hurting. can you put aside your personal feelings a few moments to try and lift him up? some of you will roll your eyes but i am dead serious. i would love to see this thread get a ton of responses to show many of us are not happy but we still wish the man well. it would be a classy thing to do.

No worries, Kristi. It’s not personal.

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Lucifer is the only exception I’d make. However, sometimes Hari Kari is the noble thing to do for the whole.

24 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Lucifer is the only exception I’d make. However, sometimes Hari Kari is the noble thing to do for the whole.

At least Lucifer would have fire when he coaches.

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

No worries, Kristi. It’s not personal.

you guys love to try to embarrass folks and attack them with your buddies. i have seen you guys bully folks that were not ready to get rid of gus. now you are making fun of gus's wife thinking it will upset me. not at all. i like kristi much better than you guys attacking people on a sports board that do not agree with you. but to bring someone in that has nothing to do with anything shows how low some of you will stoop.

47 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

At least Lucifer would have fire when he coaches

Not sure if he can get dirty enough to compete with Nicky and bowl cut on the recruiting trail.

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys love to try to embarrass folks and attack them with your buddies. i have seen you guys bully folks that were not ready to get rid of gus. now you are making fun of gus's wife thinking it will upset me. not at all. i like kristi much better than you guys attacking people on a sports board that do not agree with you. but to bring someone in that has nothing to do with anything shows how low some of you will stoop.

You really should stop while you're behind. You have no issue with making comments against posters in the politics forum when people don't agree with you but you take issue with others doing it here to you. At least be consistent. 

17 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You really should stop while you're behind. You have no issue with making comments against posters in the politics forum when people don't agree with you but you take issue with others doing it here to you. At least be consistent. 

yes and the politics have a smack talk forum and you take the risk of being addressed when you go there. i gave plenty and i took plenty. do you understand the difference? i also told everyone i was just treating them like trump treated folks he did not agree with to prove a point. but we can take up politics in smack if you like.

If he's hurting maybe he can go buy a sportscar or a new beach house, or give the money back, or challenge the incomplete pass that undermined everything. Or keep the best players on the field. Many ways to overcome the hurting.

His job is to win games, develops players for the NFL, recruit players to AU, and represent Auburn well. He is just not good at his job. I can pray for him because he is a good man and I like him as a person, but not because he can’t beat a ranked team. He is just not a good HC. He should quit and be a successful OC somewhere. 

Archived