love him or hate him lets

aubiefifty

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major Stockholm Syndrome on this board for quite some time now. I guess we're at the pinnacle now.

39 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You were the one counting views of your thread vs a handful (your word) of prayers offered up. I'm just saying that people may pray without publicly letting you know. It's a conclusion that you jumped to without basis. That is all I'm saying. 

Exactly ! Heck that is even biblical ‘

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Shut up. Nobody cares about the self righteous attempts here. You don't even understand what I said but you want to go on a rant.  This is stupid, pray for everybody like I said but mod editnot necessary with the he lost and he's hurt if you're a Christian pray sympathy crap

Don’t let it rile you up. This is the same person who downvoted someone who is fighting through Covid. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t let it rile you up. This is the same person who downvoted someone who is fighting through Covid. 

It's the mod edit that does it for me 😂. Say whatever you want to me but damn it I'm going to delete Cole 's post and edit the others!

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's the mod edit that does it for me 😂. Say whatever you want to me but damn it I'm going to delete Cole 's post and edit the others!

Oh, is that guy doing his thing again? What an asdult.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, is that guy doing his thing again? What an asdult.

It wasn't him. But it's funny what people will do with a title. Can't imagine them getting one on a job or something lol

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Show me where he said to pray for only Gus and no one else.  He never suggested such a thing. You're just looking for something to be outraged about. 

It is sickening to see a kind, simple gesture turned into another hate-fest on Gus.  ANYONE who is hurting and upset deserves prayers. And Gus is a good man whether or not you agree with his coaching decisions. There are some good things  about the way he runs the program, and how he conducts himself. You all are so focused on the negative that you can't even put that aside and see him as a human being who has done some good for Auburn and the teams he's coached in measurable ways. 

Come on bro indeed. 

My problem with it, and I would guess others. Was not the original post, but when he added the '150+ people have viewed this, but I only have so many likes or prayer responses'

Sounds like virtue signaling at best, using God for your own vanity at worst.

I don't post my prayers, never will. They are private. I have prayed for multiple people on this board before over the years, but I don't think I have ever posted in those threads saying I have. Never felt a need.

And I actually feel a genuine dislike for someone implying that I should.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

My problem with it, and I would guess others. Was not the original post, but when he added the '150+ people have viewed this, but I only have so many likes or prayer responses'

I don't post my prayers, never will. They are private. I have prayed for multiple people on this board before over the years, but I don't think I have ever posted in those threads saying I have. Never felt a need.

She knows this  she just wanted to say something to me. All those people that didn't care for the post but she does the emo post back towards me

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

PM sent

Lol soon as I said it's not him he was disliking my first post on here lol

I truly think Gus is a good man and a good coach.  I just think he is over his head in this particular job.  If he truly loves Auburn, and I believe he does, he would be taking a good long look in the mirror and asking himself if he is the right person to be leading this program.  He hasn’t won a single road game against any team in the upper echelon of the SEC.  His bowl record is atrocious.  About the only thing he could hang his hat on is beating Saban 3 times but most of the other games against him have been blowouts in the wrong direction.  The team is not getting more competitive it is getting worse.  The gap between Auburn vs Alabama and UGA is widening not narrowing.  I will support Gus as long as he is the coach but you just have to wonder if his heart is really in the right place why he doesn’t just step down in such a way that provides for an orderly transition to new leadership.  The record doesn’t lie and he’s lying to himself if he thinks he has some magic bullet that is going to turn it all around.  I have to believe if he had a magic bullet he would have used it last Saturday when his team was being humiliated on national TV.  

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Looking to up his likes I would guess.

Gus is no football coach at this level. He may hace been a good coach at SMU or Arkansas State, but he's simply over his head in the SEC. Send Gus back home.

Gus loves Auburn? If he really loved Auburn he wouldn’t have made a public display of potentially leaving Auburn for another job right before the SECG in 2017 (or, he wouldn’t have allowed his agent to do it). If he was “ hurting” after the Alabama game it was because he was further exposed as a mediocre coach; doubt any of that hurt was for the program that he’s steadily dragging down. He’s probably a nice man with a fine family that is trying his best.... but has been exposed as an average-at-best coach that is now financially set for life for doing average-at-best work and holding his naive employer hostage for exorbitant compensation when he deviated from his mean. I’ll include him in my prayers for all men (as someone mentioned earlier) and wish him no ill, unless you include firing his sorry a** for doing Dollar General work for Newman Marcus pay. Gus deserves no consideration, sympathy, or salvation for the mediocrity of his own creation. Glad I could vent before this ridiculous topic got shut down....

16 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I find it highly amusing that a group of people who consider themselves Christians are arguing about what is and isn't okay to pray about. Seems like some of you are integrating football into your religion, while others of you are suggesting that religion ends where football begins.

:popcorn:

The original request for prayers for Gus was very simple and there's really no valid reason to say anything was wrong with it. A genuine prayer for any soul is welcomed by God. Jesus even told us to pray for our enemies. 

But what's unfolded after the OP has been nuts. Can't really make heads or tails of it. Lot of folks have some non-biblical ideas on prayer.

There are real people with real, actual, serious life and death problems.

But Gus is hurting because he's getting paid $8M a year and is unhappy that his team is performing poorly.   

Boo hoo.   

You can't be serious.  

If I remember correctly Scrooge was a very wealthy man. Money has little to do with it. Just sayin 😎

3 minutes ago, WarTim said:

If I remember correctly Scrooge was a very wealthy man. Money has little to do with it. Just sayin 😎

And even Scrooge amended his wrongs. 

Ebenezer's soul was cold and sick and in need of saving. 

Gus feels sad because his team is underperforming.  

Same thing, though.  

Archived