love him or hate him lets

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

if you guys think a loss to your arch rival does not hurt i do not know what to say. watch him for a minute or two on his post game interview and it is plain as day. he loves auburn and he is failing and he knows it. because he knows his days are numbered. by why are we discussing who deserves prayer and who does not dag? i just do not get it.

He beat his arch rival Arkansas weeks ago. Seems God intervened to give him the win too.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well you just said send prayers for him and I am asking why does he need prayers at the moment? You never clarified anything . What are we praying for ? And what does the responses of this thread have to do with Christianity?

This is classic not thinking it through...say something nice to Gus to prove your faith.....unfortunately this an Auburn type of post......even our fan base is becoming soft

I find it highly amusing that a group of people who consider themselves Christians are arguing about what is and isn't okay to pray about. Seems like some of you are integrating football into your religion, while others of you are suggesting that religion ends where football begins.

:popcorn:

I don't hate anyone including Gus, I do realize that Gus is in this boat due to his own arrogant hubris.  He had several opportunities to upgrade his coaching from those high school OCs.  All he would do his retread is OL coaches so he brought about his own demise.

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I find it highly amusing that a group of people who consider themselves Christians are arguing about what is and isn't okay to pray about. Seems like some of you are integrating football into your religion, while others of you are suggesting that religion ends where football begins.

It’s not that at all. Many of us pray that our players are kept safe from injury or if a player is injured that God will help him to heal quickly. We’ve had players going through major issues with health or family and many on here have prayed for God’s Hand on the situation.

21 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I see discussion and you see argument. I think it's fine to pray for football if that's what you're interested in praying for. Player safety is one thing but the outcome is another. I personally don't because it's really low on the scale of what's important to me in the end. When someone asks others to pray for someone and then gets bothered by the fact that no one is publicizing those prayers then I think it's misplaced a bit. Maybe I'm wrong in that opinion but it's how I feel. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I see discussion and you see argument. I think it's fine to pray for football if that's what you're interested in praying for. Player safety is one thing but the outcome is another. I personally don't because it's really low on the scale of what's important to me in the end. When someone asks others to pray for someone and then gets bothered by the fact that no one is publicizing those prayers then I think it's misplaced a bit. Maybe I'm wrong in that opinion but it's how I feel. 

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, I'm just amused at the back and forth.

24 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't think thats what some are saying at all.  I think we all pray for people to be well, or recover from sickness or maybe to save their soul.  I just would have a problem praying specifically for a coach just because he lost a football game.  

That being said I certainly would never turn down anyone praying for me for whatever reason.  I know I'm a dirty rotten sinner and can use all the prayer I can get!  And honestly I don't personally have a huge problem with someone praying for Gus if his spirit was broken by the loss.  I do remember in the locker room video of the 93 Iron Bowl when Terry Bowden said his prayer with the team he specifically asked God to comfort the Alabama team's spirits as they traveled home and I thought that was a great gesture.  

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

send some prayers out for gus. many of us might not be happy with him but he does love auburn. and watching him post game last week i believe the man was hurting. can you put aside your personal feelings a few moments to try and lift him up? some of you will roll your eyes but i am dead serious. i would love to see this thread get a ton of responses to show many of us are not happy but we still wish the man well. it would be a classy thing to do.

No offense, boss, but there are 7 1/2 billion people on this planet and I guarantee you that at least 7 1/3 billion of them need your prayers a lot more than Gus does. This, of all years. Damn. 

I know you deal with a lot of stuff and it's admirable that you're taking a moment to feel sorry for a multimillionaire who is entirely responsible for his own hurt feelings- which don't have anything to do with his health, security or finances, nor that of his family- but, yeah, my eyes damned near rolled out of my head just now. 

Indulge your feelings but you'd do well to stop with the shaming. I'd venture a guess that most of us- Christians and otherwise- are spread a little thin on empathy and have our supply serving more important purposes at the moment. 

gus is our man until he is not. he is a coach. he takes pride in winning, period. when he lets us down it hurts the team and all things connected to football. he has let himself down. you people are too tied into who he is, how much money he makes, and your dislike for him. all i asked was for a prayer for gus. that is it. just one small simply thing hoping it might lift him up. gus is a good man and deserving of prayer. you guys think he does not know he is letting the auburn nation down? you think because of his mistakes he does not realize the team is hurting. you people are trying to blow this into something it is not and putting words and thoughts on me that just are not there. my asking for prayers for gus is not a bad thing. do not any of you realize the weight he is carrying of the people he has let down? this includes fans. i stated back when we lost joey i was done with gus. that does not mean i would not pray for him. he wants so bad to be a winning coach at auburn which by the way just about everyone has admitted he loves and he is watching his dreams blow up in his face. if he resigns then he is a quitter who gave up on the school and his players. you guys have turned something small and innocent into something nasty and that is on you guys. there is nothing wrong with trying to lift someone up. and since i have to spell things out NO i am not praying for him so he will suddenly become a winner and be the coach at auburn for years to come. there is no hidden motive here. no agenda. this mans dreams are right above his fingertips and he will never reach that high. if anyone goes back and looks at post game conferences when he has really screwed the game up saturday was different. i saw it and other people that i know that do not want to hang him from toomers tree's knows it. i always thought prayer was a good thing in all things period. but some of you have just shown me an ugly side of christianity i never thought i would see on this board. but you guys have at it. bash me all you want. laugh all you want. you have shown your true colors and you will have to live with it and not me. in the end i know i am right to try to lift someone up.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No offense, boss, but there are 7 1/2 billion people on this planet and I guarantee you that at least 7 1/3 billion of them need your prayers a lot more than Gus does. This, of all years. Damn. 

I know you deal with a lot of stuff and it's admirable that you're taking a moment to feel sorry for a multimillionaire who is entirely responsible for his own hurt feelings- which don't have anything to do with his health, security or finances, nor that of his family- but, yeah, my eyes damned near rolled out of my head just now. 

Indulge your feelings but you'd do well to stop with the shaming. I'd venture a guess that most of us- Christians and otherwise- are spread a little thin on empathy and have our supply serving more important purposes at the moment. 

money is not everything. and yes gus is hurt but all of you seem to forget he knows how bad everyone is hurting because he failed. maybe i am wrong loof but i am shocked you have called me out. i was taught everyone deserves prayer. everyone. apparently not. and yes i go for my last cancer treatment tuesday until next year but i asked prayer for him and not me. maybe that will explain something. my life is not threatened. all i can say is the only thing i might be guilty of is not explaining myself very well. i just posted my last attempt in trying to explain myself better. i am not trying to hurt a single one of you. no one. i have taken some shots and let it go. but i am serious and i am not trying to cheapen gods word or anything against religion. i will however be taking names and turning them into santa for those that came off the rails over a prayer request.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

where did i ask to publicize prayer. have you seen my prayer publicized on here? you are way off base. and it is not just the game. it is the weight he is carrying from his failure. i assumed that people would know or understand that when gus is hurting the whole team and support,etc, are hurting. what about the hate mail some of these guys could be getting? what if their families are threatened? i turn everything over to the point i sometimes overthink things but it was not just the last game. my point was his look after the game was it is all catching up with him. and when he fails they ALL fail. coaches out of jobs. player maybe not getting looked at. i never thought i would have to write a book but i forgot the blind hatred many have for gus. you have always seemed to be level headed and i thought you would have understood. that was my fault. that and not explaining myself well enough.

As I sit here, recovering from Covid, I can't believe that I wasted a few minutes of my life reading this thread. There are more important things to carry to the Throne of Grace, than the hurt feelings of a overpaid ball coach, who lost a football game. 

18 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

As I sit here, recovering from Covid, I can't believe that I wasted a few minutes of my life reading this thread. There are more important things to carry to the Throne of Grace, than the hurt feelings of a overpaid ball coach, who lost a football game. 

Dang hate to hear that. Definitely praying for a speedy recovery for you 

53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

here did i ask to publicize prayer. have you seen my prayer publicized on here?

You were the one counting views of your thread vs a handful (your word) of prayers offered up. I'm just saying that people may pray without publicly letting you know. It's a conclusion that you jumped to without basis. That is all I'm saying. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Why not pray for everybody? Why just Gus? Because he's sad? Come on bro

Show me where he said to pray for only Gus and no one else.  He never suggested such a thing. You're just looking for something to be outraged about. 

It is sickening to see a kind, simple gesture turned into another hate-fest on Gus.  ANYONE who is hurting and upset deserves prayers. And Gus is a good man whether or not you agree with his coaching decisions. There are some good things  about the way he runs the program, and how he conducts himself. You all are so focused on the negative that you can't even put that aside and see him as a human being who has done some good for Auburn and the teams he's coached in measurable ways. 

Come on bro indeed. 

24 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Show me where he said to pray for only Gus and no one else.  He never suggested such a thing. You're just looking for something to be outraged about. 

It is sickening to see a kind, simple gesture turned into another hate-fest on Gus.  ANYONE who is hurting and upset deserves prayers. And Gus is a good man whether or not you agree with his coaching decisions. There are some good things  about the way he runs the program, and how he conducts himself. You all are so focused on the negative that you can't even put that aside and see him as a human being who has done some good for Auburn and the teams he's coached in measurable ways. 

Come on bro indeed. 

Shut up. Nobody cares about the self righteous attempts here. You don't even understand what I said but you want to go on a rant.  This is stupid, pray for everybody like I said but I don't care about your self righteousness....with the he lost and he's hurt if you're a Christian pray sympathy crap

3 hours ago, nurbis said:

I don't even understand this? He was hurting? He has complete control of the outcome of that game. He hires the assistants, he decides who to recruit, he controls the preparedness of the players. The guy did a piss poor job and will still be paid millions for those piss poor results. I am not going to offer sympathies for failures he caused himself.  

Here, here.

49 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

🙏 for your recovery. 

Archived