To Gus Malzahn

ClaytonAU

Just wanted to throw Gus a thank you for what he did at Auburn and in our community. He was a good and goofy man, but he loved Auburn and players loved him too. 

Our football team needed change, but at the end of the day I’m glad Gus was here for a time. Thanks for 2010 and 2013 and those Iron Bowl wins!

Wish him well in his next stop!

edit: to add first statement from Kristi Malzahn 

edit: to add first official recognition by the university

last edit: statement from Gus

61C715C8-271E-4623-B600-5C82BA36543B.jpeg

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just wanted to throw Gus a thank you for what he did at Auburn and in our community. He was a good and goofy man, but he loved Auburn and players loved him too. 

Our football team needed change, but at the end of the day I’m glad Gus was here for a time. Thanks for 2010 and 2013 and those Iron Bowl wins!

Wish him well in his next stop!

Exactly how I feel about the guy. Great post. 

Sometimes it's not about the man, but the overall performance.  

Sometimes it's just TIME.

It was time. 

Good luck coach.

Yes, his presence as OC and HC has had times of excitement and winning some big games.  Hopefully he will be able to evolve his schemes and maybe abandon some of his tendencies at his next stop and have a load of success. 

Leaving will secure his place in Auburn history as a very good man and a decent coach with some amazing victories. The longer he stayed, the more his legacy was going to be tarnished. I like the man and I wish him well. He bought some of the best AU memories of my life. 

We could not ask for a better father figure for our players and I could not be more grateful to him for that part of his job, he was elite at it and his wife was as well.   

Yes I would like to thank him to. He was  a very important reason why we won the national title and gave Alabama fits that not many have done. Thanks very much ! 

Thank you Coach!

• Thank you for some wild, crazy wins that enhanced the mystique and doubt of playing Auburn at home.
  • Thank you for running an amazingly ethical and clean program. I hope that is now entrenched in the Auburn culture for perpetuity.
  • Thank you for helping players grow as men in the game of life.

Best wishes to you and Kristi as you turn the page...

Without his offense, this generation never would have known what it was like to have a chance to win it all.  Those expectations and foundation were laid by Gus.  Gus, thank you for helping our players develop into fine men and instilling accountability.  I wish you nothing but the best.  You will always be an Auburn man. 

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2010 and 2013 were special!  
Beating #1s back to back in 2017 was special.  
Running a clean program with academic success is to be highly commended.  
Thank you, Gus!

Ditto.

I really liked CGM, he was as innovative as any coach with his hurry up no huttle. I really wish he could have evolved as the defenses caught up to his offense. Really loved the energy and positivity you brought to Auburn.  If only you could have evolved...

War Eagle and good luck coach.

Gus changed offenses in the sec. most all sec teams adopted a part of his scheme . He ran a clean program , and gave us some incredible memories. Thank you Gus 

Gus gave us one of the greatest Auburn seasons of all time in 2013.  The Prayer in JH and the Kick Six were absolutely amazing moments that captured the nation's attention.  Almost got us over the hump to another title as well. 

More importantly, he is a great man and set a great example for the players.  Ran the program the right way.  There's a lot to love about Gus, even though it was time to move on.

I'll be cheering for him regularly at his next stop, and I hope he remembers his time at Auburn fondly.

I love KJ Britt calling out fans criticizing Gus as a man while brushing Dorito crumbs off their bellies. 

One of Malzahn's most underrated moments came just last year when he flat out coached Saban in the 4th quarter of the Iron Bowl. It didnt get much media mileage because you could tell the media didnt understand what happened.

Thanks Gus for some of the greatest memories in Auburn football.  2013 was a storybook year, just without the ending that was so deserved.   The 2017 run was a streak of grit and bad luck. Thank you and Kristi for touching the lives of so many young people that came on that campus.  I wish you nothing but the best.  

Archived