Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, aubcali said:

So was Bear.  

(Not agreeing or disagreeing about Sark btw)

Yeah that's why we have the most idiotic numbering system ever made for DL alignments.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Good luck. You guys deserve this more than anyone. Thanks for all you do. 

I feel bad for not knowing but what do you do @DAG?

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I know there are a lot of insiders here that are on the same page, and that a lot of what has happened so far totally makes sense(Oregon suddenly thrust into the title game delaying an announcement/no contract extension signed yet). That said, I just can’t help but go back a mere 10 years to the hiring of one  Eugene C. Chizik Jr. and the  “secrecy” that surrounded that hire. The measures detailed in his memoirs of how they met in a clandestine location to discuss matters. It is also entirely possible that I just didn’t follow that hire as closely as this one, and maybe it’s just the Information Age we are in. But damn if there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of free flowing stuff going on. Just makes me think....what exactly IS the smokescreen?

And when is that left-hook name gonna drop outta no where.

Probably just all the pickled okra and chicken-on-a-stick I ate today. 

That was 12 years ago, and information is just different now. It is easy for information to spread, both real information and rumors. The question is which one of the rumors is the real story. Unless everything they are currently considering falls through, we’ve probably heard the name of whoever it is going to be.

3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Why would you do this? It’s very new to society.

This is not the time, place, or thread to be having that discussion. Just wish the man all the best.

47 minutes ago, aub4life said:

There is such different info between boards and Twitter; which is to be expected I guess.  Does anyone have true insight into whether Cristobal has been contacted by the search firm?  Not contacted at all?  I’m seeing he’s the guy.  Then, I’m seeing he isn’t and never was.

Nobody.

Knows.

Anything.

It's that simple.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

In other news , I am getting the COVID vaccine tomorrow guys. If I don’t post anymore that’s why haha. 

Let me know how it goes please. My grandmother is a cancer survivor and I think they’re gonna make her get it Friday when she has to go back to USA for tests 

3 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Lmao Kevin steele is the leading candidate right now. Kevin fing steele. 

I just refuse to believe this. Not even Auburn makes that move.

I think with this committee crap everything is starting over from scratch.  There is no favorite anymore and who is ultimately hired is someone who is not on any list we have seen to date.  

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

I think with this committee crap everything is starting over from scratch.  There is no favorite anymore and who is ultimately hired is someone who is not on any list we have seen to date.  

Literally paying the guy 21 million dollars to leave and paying for a search committee and firm only to promote his DC to hc? That would be a clown show 

11 minutes ago, Sthrndream said:

Nevermind.........someone said this is photoshopped. This is from the SEC rant.  Said this was taken at The Depot in Auburn tonight.

UcpcfcL.png?1

Believe GIF - Find on GIFER

1 minute ago, Tony4AU said:

Don’t believe anyone has mentioned this coach

Jim McElwain 

Yea and there’s a reason for it. 

1 minute ago, Tony4AU said:

Don’t believe anyone has mentioned this coach

Jim McElwain 

The committee would really jump the shark with that hire.  Amirite?

1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

Auburn undercover Says Bo Jackson wants steele as HC lmao 

I just can't accept that.

1) You have a coach who, from all reports, the PTB has been on the fence about firing. He makes a "solid season" remark that apparently changed the mind of a few and the decision was made.

2) Now, reportedly, the PTB tells Gouge and Green that if Gus is not fired, they won't receive another dime. As such, ties are cut. You then pay 10 million up front to cut Gus. If Steele was their man all along, it seems like they would only pay the money to cut Gus if they were going to get their guy without question. So, why has he not been named yet?

Steele rumors were already circulating early yesterday. Imo, and it isn't worth much, someone is leaking bad info to direct attention elsewhere. I'm not gonna say it's not happening, but not even Auburn makes that stupid of a decision twice.

Archived