2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of you guys need some hydroxyzine. Too many people wanting the quick, easy fix. This year was going to be about plugging in needs after the mess left. Recruiting will be based on how we perform on the field next year 

Yup, it was never going to be quick and easy when you bring in an outsider. We needed the change, but the unfortunate truth is it's even already put us behind the curve on the 2022 cycle as well. That's not to say we can't sign a Top 10 class for 2022, but we're behind the competition already. Just the nature of the beast, especially with the early signing period nowadays.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Then the goal from there on out should be cracking the top 5 range.

Not sure that's consistently attainable without making playoff runs on a yearly basis.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of you guys need some hydroxyzine. Too many people wanting the quick, easy fix. This year was going to be about plugging in needs after the mess left. Recruiting will be based on how we perform on the field next year 

What is this hydroxyzine, you speak of?  Sounds interesting, asking for a friend, of course.

• Haha 1

Kablooey on Bridges!

32 minutes ago, Zeek said:

https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1357021297335627776?s=20

Gaston is official

AU deleted the tweet apologies.

AU twitter is on the struggle bus today. The communication circle has been broken. Poor guy must be working from home.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not sure that's consistently attainable without making playoff runs on a yearly basis.

Agreed, key word is goal. I think with the improved facilities and (hopefully) on the field success we should consitently land somewhere between 10-5 with the goal being crack 5th.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yup, it was never going to be quick and easy when you bring in an outsider. We needed the change, but the unfortunate truth is it's even already put us behind the curve on the 2022 cycle as well. That's not to say we can't sign a Top 10 class for 2022, but we're behind the competition already. Just the nature of the beast, especially with the early signing period nowadays.

BH: Hi, I'm Bryan Harsin and I want you to come play football for Auburn University.

All the Southeast recruits: Who?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're selling Auburn short

Nope. Just being blunt ass honest about the stale ass mess of a program Gus & Co. left, which is how many recruits see AU as right now, & that the new staff has to greatly repair.

• Thanks 3

I would rather have my exit recruiting class be a top five, than the entering recruiting class being top 5.  Of course i would gladly take both.  But an exit top 5 shows quality scouting and development by the staff and should result in on field success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Too many people wanting the quick, easy fix

What's crazy to me is at least a couple negabarners seem to expect it to happen the easiest & fastest.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

What is this hydroxyzine, you speak of?  Sounds interesting, asking for a friend, of course.

Antihistamine that treats anxiety 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From what I can see, we've only had 1 top 5 class this century.  I'm not sure that is viable, maybe it is

10 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

2022 is a long way to go. Winning will cure all. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

Harsin has to be top 10 next year, its non negotiable. I think we will be, but who knows at this point.  

Mate, relax.  You need to put down the crystal meth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

This is a well thought out post. You are correct this year is about addressing needs and so far they have done OK.

3 DT's

2 DE's - 1 a WDE other an SDE

1 more Possible DE Brooks 

This is a solid to very good D-Line class if we get Brooks

3 Safety

2 CB

This fills our depth needs and may have a couple who can help soon

1 LB - Will need at least 1 more from transfer portal

Basically we met what we needed on D side 

1 QB a stud may still want a GT

1 RB Hunter moved Devan back and may pick up another if we pickup another need met.

1 G

1 OT

O-Line is weak link in this class but finally got a HS OT -  Both have potential to develop into SEC starters but will need help from Transfer Portal

1 WR we met our need

1 Athlete who will probably be a WR so we are good at WR

No way will I say this was a great class but with a few key GT's this will be a serviceable class which is more than I originally expected.

Next years class some of our coaches have some relationships in this area already so will not start new but will start new at auburn others are new to our prime recruiting areas and will be behind but might be able to pull a few in from other areas. I think reasonable expectation in next years class in the 15-20 range but might get better than 15. Each year thereafter we need to get better.  Next years performance could help or hurt coaches as I don't have a feel for how we will do on the field next year.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Thanks 1

Want to be more competitive in recruiting? Put more kids in the draft. Whether that's by developing 3 stars or bringing in the blue chips. There's a few guys that have a sales pitch right now that beats us before the doors even crack open.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Just being blunt ass honest about the stale ass mess of a program Gus & Co. left, which is how many recruits see AU as right now, & that the new staff has to greatly repair.

Thank you!!  Thank you!!

This program was a real mess, and people need to put their big boy pants on and look at it HONESTLY.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Antihistamine that treats anxiety 

My friend is gonna be disappointed, lol.  He is more of a muscle relaxer type

Edited by auburnphan

Just now, auburnphan said:

My friend is gonna be disappointed, lol.

Meanwhile, I have a 45 yr old friend who is like "Let the kids have the molly and the mushrooms and GIVE ME THEM CHILL DADDY ALLERGY MEDS"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@PigskinPat Nobody has said it's huge news. Just that one of our coaches tweeted last night a flip was coming.

I was referring more to the JBoy tweet “could be big”. To me, that indicates a highly rated recruit.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I was referring more to the JBoy tweet “could be big”:

He is doing a 50/50 win/win game.  If it is big he said it first, if it is not big he said”could”. Either way he is not wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1