2021 NSD Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Zeek

2 hours ago, keesler said:

IIRC, he didn't want an early signing period at all, and said so publicly.  Now that it's here, he & a few other programs just pile up 5*'s two months earlier.  😒

He's pretty vocal about what he doesn't like an how it isn't good, but when the rule changes he'll take advantage of it too the fullest.  Another one is what he's done with the RPO offense

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Today, Clay Travis stated that this may be the worst recruiting class that AU has ever had.  Had us around #36 I believe.  He said that you need 3 out of 4 classes to be in top 10 to be in contention for a championship.  Lots of work to do.

Clay is a chode.  There's a good chance we'll end up around 20 once we add Brooks and an RB or two

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

just a note that this guy (who i mentioned a few weeks ago as "should be a target") appears to not have signed today 👀

https://247sports.com/player/ketravion-hargrove-46099596

This could be our flip.  We’ll find out soon.  I’d love for us to flip a 4 star RB.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Firing Gus right before the early signing day probably hurt a lot too, but oh well.

Like pulling a splinter out of your finger. Hurts to do it but the relief is immediate.

• Like 2

If what has been said is true then Gus's recruiting classes that were top 10 classes were quite deceiving. Not recruiting to the actual needs of the team.

Would you rather have a class full of 3 stars that are at least going to fill needs where we would otherwise be screwed depth-wise OR have a class that "looks" really good ranking-wise that is full of exactly 0 offensive tackles and multiple "athletes" that go on to be criminally underutilized?

I'd say the same people upset about our ranking for this class are the same people who stress over the team ranking in week 2...it doesn't matter. What matters is what all this looks like come November. I have no reason to believe that Harsin and Co. aren't about to take Auburn to new heights in the coming years.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dilligas said:

This could be our flip.  We’ll find out soon.  I’d love for us to flip a 4 star RB.

This article says he signed with Miss St.  

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2021/02/03/mississippi-state-football-recruiting-national-signing-day-mike-leach-top-class/4246348001/

53 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sounds like you know what your talking about, I don’t, just guessing.

@Hank2020 Just passing on info from AU recruiting reporters. They know much more about what's going on than that trash news outlet.

15 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

If what has been said is true then Gus's recruiting classes that were top 10 classes were quite deceiving. Not recruiting to the actual needs of the team.

@Pat Fossum Outside of the OL most recruiting needs were met. Biggest problems outside of the OL were talent retention & development.

12 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

24/7 Moo St. site shows that he HAS NOT signed....we'll see

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Pat Fossum Outside of the OL most recruiting needs were met. Biggest problems outside of the OL were talent retention & development.

Yeah, pretty every 5* player being a bust hasn't helped those classes live up to their rankings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

On the bullited  list it says he’s not yet signed, which is what 247 also shows.

Lol How some of y’all gone be mad at Harsin and Co for this recruiting class? They only had a month to recruit and started with a class rank in the 40s. Stop being miserable about everything. This guy could field a playoff team with 3* atheletes. Y’all have no idea. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I am pleased with this class , especially if we land Brooks and Hunter and then a few good transfers especially on the OL.

I think this group will have a “chip on their shoulders “ and with some good coaching, they will overachieve. 

Balfour hasn't signed either.  Not sure if he was supposed to sign today. 

13 minutes ago, dilligas said:

On the bullited  list it says he’s not yet signed, which is what 247 also shows.

Rivals doesn’t show as signed either.  Again wait and see for something official from Miss St.  

Hopefully just coaching up what we already have will make this a much better team and recruiting will pick up next year as the new coaches establish relationships.  But even through my orange and blue glasses the results this year appear to be much less than what we expected.  Maybe they can still make a move with some late additions and the transfer portal.  

6 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Another article

Guess we will see

@Tony4AU General rule of thumb is trust 247 sports on these things. They have many personnel that eat, sleep & drink recruiting. The articles you are linking are from local writers who only cover recruiting 1 day a year & when there's a commit for the local school.

• Like 1