MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

41 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So, IOW, there was no real effort to fix this for 27 years and suddenly there is going to be? 
Is your nick-name Pollyanna?
Did it hurt your pride thinking up all those excuses?

There was an effort. Obama's EOs. 

They weren't getting anything through Mitch after they burned their majorities on healthcare. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You think he's the first Republican to get labeled a racist?  

Nope, it’s been a central part of the strategy of Democrats for a long time - label your opponents as racist, but don’t actually do anything about it, so you can keep the taking point moving forward.   

Keep trying to give Biden a pass, but there are more documented acts and statements that are truly racist that came from him than ever came from Trump.   It’s an old game, but somehow still works for the Dems - here’s to hoping more people wake up.  

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

There was an effort. Obama's EOs. 

They weren't getting anything through Mitch after they burned their majorities on healthcare. 

The only real “effort” that has come from the left is to stoke the fires of racial discord, enhance more identity politics / victim hood, or fight racism with more racism.  

21 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Nope, it’s been a central part of the strategy of Democrats for a long time - label your opponents as racist, but don’t actually do anything about it, so you can keep the taking point moving forward.   

Keep trying to give Biden a pass, but there are more documented acts and statements that are truly racist that came from him than ever came from Trump.   It’s an old game, but somehow still works for the Dems - here’s to hoping more people wake up.  

What are you talking about?  You tend to project a lot of stuff in your head on to others. I haven’t  “given Biden a pass.”  I’ve just pushed back on some of your facts and figures regarding Trump and minority voters.  

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not “a single act”? It’s a shame he’s so misunderstood.

Biden is a product of his generation. Over the course of his life  he’s said and done things some may view as racist. I also think he’s grown and gained awareness.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What are you talking about?  You tend to project a lot of stuff in your head on to others. I haven’t  “given Biden a pass.”  I’ve just pushed back on some of your facts and figures regarding Trump and minority voters.  

You, personally, may not have given him a pass, but the Democrats, media and the left in general has.   I apologize for misstating that YOU gave him a pass, as opposed to the left in general.  

A recent example is quoted above.  I’m sure he’s grown a lot in the 6 or so months since saying “if you don’t vote for me you ain’t black”. 

7 minutes ago, GoAU said:

You, personally, may not have given him a pass, but the Democrats, media and the left in general has.   I apologize for misstating that YOU gave him a pass, as opposed to the left in general.  

A recent example is quoted above.  I’m sure he’s grown a lot in the 6 or so months since saying “if you don’t vote for me you ain’t black”. 

You’re arguing Biden’s a racist while asserting Trump hasn’t  done a single racist thing. You’re a cultist, incapable of anything approaching objectively. 

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re arguing Biden’s a racist while asserting Trump hasn’t  done a single racist thing. You’re a cultist, incapable of anything approaching objectively. 

Not true - I am just pointing out an obvious double standard.  You’re the one that refuses to recognize the issue objectively.  My only point is that, rather than hiding behind a subjective label, how about working with facts?   

My point is not that Biden is a racist - the threshold for a label that damning should be quite high.  My point is that Trump has done nothing to deserve that label either.  Assigning dehumanizing titles without clear facts is counterproductive to meaningful dialogue and just makes for an emotional rather than rational discussion. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Biden has been in power all except four of the last 27 years. If he was going to Reform it, why has he done zero so far? Literally, this is a perfect example of Words Mean Nothing. 27 years, no actions, just meaningless words.What about the Dems that have been in office all of the last 27 years? Where are their Reforms? Where are the Bills? The Meetings, the Press Conferences? Where was the fight on the floor? In Committees? Where was it? Where?

Real live people suffer and all we get are more meaningless words.

Let me see if I have this correct.  Biden, in 1994, wrote the crime bill that put a lot of black males in prison and was the catalyst for the modern day *systemic racism* term.  After 27 years in office there has only been talk about correcting the issue while the author of the bill sat on his hands.  

It is alright that Biden wrote the crime bill as you have to look at the time at which he wrote it and crime was an issue.  This is how we should look at history except for George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, et al as they should have known better than to own slaves.

Fast forward to 2020 and Biden has the gall to run on a platform to get rid of the very systemic racism he created and was able to get overwhelming Black American support.

No wonder we are in the mess we are in.  But THIS time Biden will fix it, right?

33 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I apologize for misstating that YOU gave him a pass, as opposed to the left in general.

Why would you apologize?  Most of the left on this board has labeled you as a racist cultist without  listening to YOU about what you’re trying to say.

As well known poster on this site has stated; the bring up *ist* or ism* is a way to shut down conversation.  You already know this though.

34 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Not true - I am just pointing out an obvious double standard.  You’re the one that refuses to recognize the issue objectively.  My only point is that, rather than hiding behind a subjective label, how about working with facts?   

My point is not that Biden is a racist - the threshold for a label that damning should be quite high.  My point is that Trump has done nothing to deserve that label either.  Assigning dehumanizing titles without clear facts is counterproductive to meaningful dialogue and just makes for an emotional rather than rational discussion. 

Give me a rationale for birtherism that’s not rooted in racism or appealing to racists. 

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would you apologize?  Most of the left on this board has labeled you as a racist cultist without  listening to YOU about what you’re trying to say.

As well known poster on this site has stated; the bring up *ist* or ism* is a way to shut down conversation.  You already know this though.

The problem is I am listening to him. I am trying to engage him in a rational conversation.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The problem is I am listening to him. I am trying to engage him in a rational conversation.

Hopefully he will respond.  The birtherism, as I saw it, was to make sure Obama was a natural born citizen so he could run for office.  It, like the election results, lasted way too long.

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let me see if I have this correct.  Biden, in 1994, wrote the crime bill that put a lot of black males in prison and was the catalyst for the modern day *systemic racism* term.  After 27 years in office there has only been talk about correcting the issue while the author of the bill sat on his hands.  

It is alright that Biden wrote the crime bill as you have to look at the time at which he wrote it and crime was an issue.  This is how we should look at history except for George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, et al as they should have known better than to own slaves.

Fast forward to 2020 and Biden has the gall to run on a platform to get rid of the very systemic racism he created and was able to get overwhelming Black American support.

No wonder we are in the mess we are in.  But THIS time Biden will fix it, right?

Hardly “the catalyst”. It was well established before then. There’s a wealth of willful ignorance in this  post. Start with all the factors that depressed black home ownership and values over the years.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hopefully he will respond.  The birtherism, as I saw it, was to make sure Obama was a natural born citizen so he could run for office.  It, like the election results, lasted way too long.

bull****. There was zero evidence to question he was born in Hawaii. Even if he had been born in Kenya to an America mother his status would have been no different than Cruz, George Romney or McCain who were born on foreign soil.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

bull****. There was zero evidence to question he was born in Hawaii. Even if he had been born in Kenya to an America mother his status would have been no different than Cruz, George Romney or McCain who were born on foreign soil.

I didn’t say I agreed with the birtherism, I said that is what the reason for bringing it up in Trump’s eyes.  This is why people get so defensive.

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hardly “the catalyst”. It was well established before then.

Reading a little further in my post I said: it was the catalyst for the MODERN DAY TERM *systemic racism*.  Racism has existed since to dawn of time, the term has only gained traction in the last few years and the crime bill was part of that.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t say I agreed with the birtherism, I said that is what the reason for bringing it up in Trump’s eyes.  This is why people get so defensive.

You give Trump far too much benefit of the doubt, with precious little reason or evidence to do so.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So your argument is that Trump wasn’t racist in riding this BS claim into the ground, he was just too damn stupid to realize that even if this poor college student couple living with her parents had somehow schemed to secretly fly to Kenya to give birth and then back in time for class for zero advantage whatsoever, it would have had ZERO impact on Obama’s eligibility for the WH. I think Trump is smarter than you do. He understands the big lie. He lives in it. This was a huge disinformation campaign to delegitimize Obama while burnishing Trump’s cred with that large, yes racist, swath of the Republican Party who so desperately wanted a nominally non-racial reason to claim Obama was illegitimate.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So your argument is that Trump wasn’t racist in riding this BS claim into the ground, he was just too damn stupid to realize that even if this poor college student couple living with her parents had somehow schemed to secretly fly to Kenya to give birth and then back in time for class for zero advantage whatsoever, it would have had ZERO impact on Obama’s eligibility for the WH. I think Trump is smarter than you do. He understands the big lie. He lives in it. This was a huge disinformation campaign to delegitimize Obama while burnishing Trump’s cred with that large, yes racist, swath of the Republican Party who so desperately wanted a nominally non-racial reason to claim Obama was illegitimate.

Where did you get I was arguing anything?  You asked what was a rationale to bring up birtherism.  I responded about the natural born citizen in Trump’s eyes.  It’s pretty damn simple, I’m not defending the man just speculating why he brought it up.  It’s over, let it go.  Man the 20th can’t get here quick enough.

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You give Trump far too much benefit of the doubt, with precious little reason or evidence to do so.

I never said I agreed with the birther thing, just speculating what he might be thinking.  The 20th is Wednesday, come on Wednesday.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I never said I agreed with the birther thing, just speculating what he might be thinking.  The 20th is Wednesday, come on Wednesday.  

You’re speculating on a rationale that didn’t have a racist element. You didn’t find one. You’re defending him on any accusation of racism, aren’t you?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re speculating on a rationale that didn’t have a racist element. You didn’t find one. You’re defending him on any accusation of racism, aren’t you?

No, if he just wanted to see if Obama was actually eligible for the Presidency, that would be due diligence.  I’m not trying to read anything into it other then a reason that was not racist.  I thought that is what you asked.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

No, if he just wanted to see if Obama was actually eligible for the Presidency, that would be due diligence.  I’m not trying to read anything into it other then a reason that was not racist.  I thought that is what you asked.

I’m not sure what you’re missing— Even IF what he was claiming was totally TRUE, it would not have meant Obama was ineligible. So, that could not have been his logical purpose. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not sure what you’re missing— Even IF what he was claiming was totally TRUE, it would not have meant Obama was ineligible. So, that could not have been his logical purpose. 

Do you really believe Trump knows enough about the subject to know what you are talking about?  Didn’t he believe Pence could overturn the election?  It’s not what you think is right, it’s what’s in Trumps head and that is why he pressed it.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you really believe Trump knows enough about the subject to know what you are talking about?  Didn’t he believe Pence could overturn the election?  It’s not what you think is right, it’s what’s in Trumps head and that is why he pressed it.

Did you really support Trump believing he was a) too stupid to grasp the simplest concepts; b) too irrational to grasp reality?

At this point, his mental health decline may have led him to the absurd belief that Pence could magically overturn an election. When he rode birtherism to his hostile takeover of the Republican Party he knew exactly what he was doing. He’s never cared about the truth. Now he likely can’t tell the difference.

Archived