MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if thread is best, but most of them are full of batshit crazy and so is this one, so hey, all you batshit crazy trumpers, you need to read this:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

That's fear. They've exposed themselves to a reasonable defamation lawsuit and they know it. 

12 hours ago, aubearcat said:

https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/how-an-alabama-man-went-from-obama-supporter-to-dying-in-the-capitol-insurrection.html

I haven’t read this whole thread so I apologize it this has already been posted. It’s an interesting read. 

Cults of personality are powerful things.

Obama had one too, as does Biden (to a lesser degree). That Obama turned out to be a relatively centrist guy in spite of his soaring "hope and change" rhetoric steered a lot of impressionable people onto the next big thing, and Trump's is a level beyond their's and he's far more willing to abuse it. 

That's politics these days, I'm afraid. 

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Cults of personality are powerful things.

Obama had one too, as does Biden (to a lesser degree). That Obama turned out to be a relatively centrist guy in spite of his soaring "hope and change" rhetoric steered a lot of impressionable people onto the next big thing, and Trump's is a level beyond their's and he's far more willing to abuse it. 

That's politics these days, I'm afraid. 

Indeed. It seems that most politicians use a certain “tone” to get elected but usually govern more centrist regardless of the campaign rhetoric. The President never got away from that and the narcissist in him needed that rally type feel which has fueled some really fringe type people. 

9 hours ago, GoAU said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-activist-charged-in-capitol-riot

Shall we start including other groups and Dems into the DC riots, or do you guys acually buy his excuse?

He’s an attention seeker. Keep straining to make this insurrection bi-partisan. 🙄

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2021/01/16/robert-gehrke-what-we/

2 hours ago, AUUSN said:

She says; “I thought”.  As my dad used to say; “you thought???? That was your first mistake”.

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s an attention seeker. Keep straining to make this insurrection bi-partisan. 🙄

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2021/01/16/robert-gehrke-what-we/

Oh, I’m not straining.  I wouldn’t want to get in the way of the stereotyping of the libs and media.   Goodness knows you guys want to lump everyone there as all white supremacists and nazis, and then connecting that to all conservatives, and then to anyone that opposes the hive mind.  

sorry, go ahead back to your oversimplified stereotyping.   Have you noticed the irony as to how similar that is to racism?   

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

Oh, I’m not straining.  I wouldn’t want to get in the way of the stereotyping of the libs and media.   Goodness knows you guys want to lump everyone there as all white supremacists and nazis, and then connecting that to all conservatives, and then to anyone that opposes the hive mind.  

sorry, go ahead back to your oversimplified stereotyping.   Have you noticed the irony as to how similar that is to racism?   

Have you noticed you’ve got precious little to try and make your point with and that the folks there were part of the Trumpworld hive mind? It’s amazing how little self awareness you guys have. The projection is mind blowing.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Have you noticed you’ve got precious little to try and make your point with and that the folks there were part of the Trumpworld hive mind? It’s amazing how little self awareness you guys have. The projection is mind blowing.

The ones in the Capital may well have been, but to try and lump all 75m+ Trump supporters as racists is ridiculous, but it sure seems to happen a lot.  

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

The ones in the Capital may well have been, but to try and lump all 75m+ Trump supporters as racists is ridiculous, but it sure seems to happen a lot.  

You’re hypersensitive. What happened at the Capitol is one of the most serious issues in our history. We can focus on that now without whining about poor MAGA being mistreated.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re hypersensitive. What happened at the Capitol is one of the most serious issues in our history. We can focus on that now without whining about poor MAGA being mistreated.

No one is whining about being mistreated Tex. 

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Whiners rarely realize they are whining because they convince themselves they are justified— right, Salty?

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Haha yeah they are. Go is providing a pluperfect example here, no less. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Whiners rarely realize they are whining because they convince themselves they are justified— right, Salty?

Fine if you want to interpret as whining. I simply saw a statement of opinion

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If I’m hypersensitive, you must be simple.   It’s possible, for most of us at least,  to deal with more than one things at a time.  I’ve never defended those that stormed the Capital, but claiming that all conservatives are racists or nazis is just as disingenuous as saying all libs are inline with those that rioted all summer long.  

As for saying that the Capital protest  was one of the most serious events in the history of our country is asinine.  Serious and wrong - yes, but not one of the most serious events in our history.  But lefties love the hyperbole  

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Fine if you want to interpret as whining. I simply saw a statement of opinion

That he’s in a persecuted group. A whine. Especially given the gravity of what has happened. 

Just now, GoAU said:

If I’m hypersensitive, you must be simple.   It’s possible, for most of us at least,  to deal with more than one things at a time.  I’ve never defended those that stormed the Capital, but claiming that all conservatives are racists or nazis is just as disingenuous as saying all libs are inline with those that rioted all summer long.  

As for saying that the Capital protest  was one of the most serious events in the history of our country is asinine.  Serious and wrong - yes, but not one of the most serious events in our history.  But lefties love the hyperbole  

I didn’t say that. Your persecution complex is working overtime. True conservatives don’t really like Trump. All MAGAs  may not be racists, but they damn sure don’t mind embracing one.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That he’s in a persecuted group. A whine. Especially given the gravity of what has happened. 

Your entitled to think what you wish. Have not read Go being in a “persecuted” group.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your entitled to think what you wish. Have not read Go being in a “persecuted” group.

That’s because y’all are too much alike to see it. You’re just smarter than he is.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I didn’t say that. Your persecution complex is working overtime. True conservatives don’t really like Trump. All MAGAs  may not be racists, but they damn sure don’t mind embracing one.

Since you love rehashing the racist line about Trump, how about you give examples of the racist acts or policies he implemented?   I can give some choice examples of things Biden has said that are much more racist than Trump. 

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

Since you love rehashing the racist line about Trump, how about you give examples of the racist acts or policies he implemented?   I can give some choice examples of things Biden has said that are much more racist than Trump. 

Lying about Obama being from Kenya. I could waste my time listing several, but you’d excuse them all — for some reason. ;)

Archived