MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

26 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

At this point, his mental health decline may have led him to the absurd belief that Pence could magically overturn an election. When he rode birtherism to his hostile takeover of the Republican Party he knew exactly what he was doing. He’s never cared about the truth. Now he likely can’t tell the difference.

I didn’t think the birtherism had much to do with his primary victory, JMO though.  To me he had surrounded himself with enough sane people that he trusted to do their job.  After the election he stopped listening to the people he should have and fired the one person he shouldn’t have in Bill Barr.  It was all due to his egotistical tendencies that went unchecked.

It is what it is.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, to make sure I’m clear - Trump questioning Obama’s place of birth is proof of him being a racist and / or nazi?   This is the main example you repeatedly cite, so I want to be sure it’s the biggest example.  

My response is, if this is the hurdle we are going to use to define a “racist”, then certainly these examples for Biden exceed that threshold:

1. As recently as June of 2019, Biden praised the “civility” of the segregationist senators he worked with in Congress to pass anti-busing legislation.

2. Biden praised the notorious segregationist politician George Wallace, boasted about how Wallace once honored him with an award in 1973, and told a Southern audience in 1987 that “we [Delawareans] were on the South’s side in the Civil War.”

3. Biden opposed busing in the 1970s and expressed fears that it would lead to a “racial jungle.”

4. Biden voted to protect the tax-exempt status of private segregated schools.

5. Biden told black radio host Charlamagne tha God, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

6. Biden told the Asian and Latino Coalition of Des Moines that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

7. While delivering remarks before a black audience in Delaware, Biden launched into a meandering story about a gang leader named Corn Pop and claimed that he “learned about roaches” while working at a community pool in a black neighborhood.  

8. In 2008, Biden referred to then presidential candidate Barack Obama as “the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

9. In 2006, Biden told C-SPAN, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

10. Biden falsely claimed to have “marched” in the civil rights movement. 

Interesting how freely the double standard is used isn’t it?   It’s unfortunate that the left resorts to apply false labels as a method of misleading the public to gain support   Pure propaganda.   I’ll say it one last time, just to be clear - I am NOT saying Biden is a racist, but asking if the same measuring stick you are using to call him a racist is being applied to Biden?   

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Now you’re going Nick Saban on me? 😉

I must have hit rock bottom.

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

So, to make sure I’m clear - Trump questioning Obama’s place of birth is proof of him being a racist and / or nazi?   This is the main example you repeatedly cite, so I want to be sure it’s the biggest example.  

My response is, if this is the hurdle we are going to use to define a “racist”, then certainly these examples for Biden exceed that threshold:

1. As recently as June of 2019, Biden praised the “civility” of the segregationist senators he worked with in Congress to pass anti-busing legislation.

2. Biden praised the notorious segregationist politician George Wallace, boasted about how Wallace once honored him with an award in 1973, and told a Southern audience in 1987 that “we [Delawareans] were on the South’s side in the Civil War.”

3. Biden opposed busing in the 1970s and expressed fears that it would lead to a “racial jungle.”

5. Biden told black radio host Charlamagne tha God, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

6. Biden told the Asian and Latino Coalition of Des Moines that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

7. While delivering remarks before a black audience in Delaware, Biden launched into a meandering story about a gang leader named Corn Pop and claimed that he “learned about roaches” while working at a community pool in a black neighborhood.  

8. In 2008, Biden referred to then presidential candidate Barack Obama as “the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

9. In 2006, Biden told C-SPAN, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Interesting how freely the double standard is used isn’t it?   It’s unfortunate that the left resorts to apply false labels as a method of misleading the public to gain support   Pure propaganda.   I’ll say it one last time, just to be clear - I am NOT saying Biden is a racist, but asking if the same measuring stick you are using to call him a racist is being applied to Biden?   

Great! You did a little homework! Now do Trump with the same zeal, just for kicks!

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would you apologize?  Most of the left on this board has labeled you as a racist cultist without  listening to YOU about what you’re trying to say.

As well known poster on this site has stated; the bring up *ist* or ism* is a way to shut down conversation.  You already know this though.

Always a go to move of a person that's saying something racist

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Always a go to move of a person that's saying something racist

Assume you’re talking about me?  If so, kindly point out anything I’ve said that’s racist.  Just because you may disagree with something doesn’t mean it’s racist.  

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Assume you’re talking about me?  If so, kindly point out anything I’ve said that’s racist.  Just because you may disagree with something doesn’t mean it’s racist.  

No I'm not talking about you. I would've at you directly. I'm saying the new thing now is to over exaggerate people saying something is racist so now things that are racist gets discredited or not taken seriously

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I'm not talking about you. I would've at you directly. I'm saying the new thing now is to over exaggerate people saying something is racist so now things that are racist gets discredited or not taken seriously

Got it - appreciate the clarification.   

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

Bro, you are not allowed the Free Speech to question the DNC Narrative. You have to be a racist, nazi, homophobe, islamaphobe, trumpster, maga IF YOU QUESTION ANYTHING PUT OUT BY THE DNC. 

Image may contain: text

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Great! You did a little homework! Now do Trump with the same zeal, just for kicks!

Question Dodged - Imgflip

• TitanTiger changed the title to MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Wait we got people here arguing that birtherism wasn't racist? Hell, even Hitch, never one to appeal to the comfort of political correctness, saw that for what it was:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2011/01/hitchens-201101

...They need and want to sublimate the anxiety into hysteria and paranoia. The president is a Kenyan. The president is a secret Muslim. The president (why not?—after all, every little bit helps) is the unacknowledged love child of Malcolm X. And this is their response to the election of an extremely moderate half-African American candidate, who speaks better English than most and who has a model family. Revolted by this development, huge numbers of white people choose to demonstrate their independence and superiority by putting themselves eagerly at the disposal of a tear-stained semi-literate shock jock, and by repeating his list of lies and defamations. But, of course, there’s nothing racial in their attitude …

In fact, hot damn upon re-reading was that entire editorial prescient:

As I started by saying, the people who really curl my lip are the ones who willingly accept such supporters for the sake of a Republican victory, and then try to write them off as not all that important, or not all that extreme, or not all that insane in wanting to repeal several amendments to a Constitution that they also think is unalterable because it’s divine! It may be true that the Tea Party’s role in November’s vote was less than some people feared, and it’s certainly true that several of the movement’s elected representatives will very soon learn the arts of compromise and the pork barrel. But then what happens at the next downturn? A large, volatile constituency has been created that believes darkly in betrayal and conspiracy. A mass “literature” has been disseminated, to push the mad ideas of exploded crackpots and bigots. It would be no surprise if those who now adore Beck and his acolytes were to call them sellouts and traitors a few years from now. But, alas, they would not be the only victims of the poisonous propaganda that’s been uncorked. Some of the gun brandishing next time might be for real. There was no need for this offense to come, but woe all the same to those by whom it came, and woe above all to those who whitewashed and rationalized it.

51 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wait we got people here arguing that birtherism wasn't racist? Hell, even Hitch, never to appeal to the comfort of political correctness, saw that for what it was:

And David still carrying Trump’s water to the bitter end.

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump defended again! Thanks, Junior!

And question still dodged....I have to say, you are one of the most consistent posters here.

23 hours ago, GoAU said:

This one...

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

This one...

@GoAU to truly know the answer, the behaviors would need to be much more similar. I think the actions/language Trump has engaged in over his life, including recent years, is far more egregious and one need not apply a double standard to conclude Trump is racist.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

@GoAU to truly know the answer, the behaviors would need to be much more similar. I think the actions/language Trump has engaged in over his life, including recent years, is far more egregious and one need not apply a double standard to conclude Trump is racist.

Good for you. Answering those questions like a big boy....See, it wasnt that hard.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Good for you. Answering those questions like a big boy....See, it wasnt that hard.

The biggest challenge is sorting thru the s***. I thought you might be referring to a question you’d asked— if so, generally too much s*** to sort thru. ;)

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The biggest challenge is sorting thru the s***. I thought you might be referring to a question you’d asked— if so, generally too much s*** to sort thru. ;)

Brother, in 18 years you might have actually answered three questions asked on the board.
I was just so proud of you...

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Because I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people were genuinely ignorant:

According to defendant Yusef Salaam, quoted in a February 2016 article in The Guardian, Trump "was the fire starter" in 1989, as "common citizens were being manipulated and swayed into believing that we were guilty." Salaam said his family received death threats after papers ran Trump's full-page ad urging the death penalty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case

Wonder if anyone is keeping a tally of everyone who has received a death threat for no other reason than Donald Trump said some vile, evil, completely erroneous bull****. 

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The only example I have seen of objective racism cited was his questioning of Obama’s place of birth.  Do you have other examples?   If we reversed the names of Trump and Biden would you be satisfied with this answer?

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Wait we got people here arguing that birtherism wasn't racist? Hell, even Hitch, never one to appeal to the comfort of political correctness, saw that for what it was:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone defended the birth claims.  The point being argued is that Trump has been labeled as a racist, while Biden has said and done as much ( if not more) that could be considered racist by the same standards.  Just pointing out the double standard applied between the two and the propensity of the left to assign “racist” at the drop of a hat.  One of the main concerns of this is to desensitize people to true racism.   

Archived